[Q] Waterproofing

Search This thread

uristic

Nov 30, 2009
Maribor
My back has also that very little gap between the back and the frame. Do far so good with Waterproofing. I always go on lake to swim. Just avoid seawater and you'll be fine

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, I have just called Sony Mobile Support and service for Slovenia and they said it's totally normal like this and it's just a cosmetic "issue" and most of the devices have the same as they even checked those that they had there. And even IF something happens to the phone Sony will cover it. No worries :)

update

Post result after replacement. Tks.

Hi, did you already replaced the back? Was it easy and did you maintain waterproofing?

yes i did replace it ... but i fu#@$ it up. Once you put the back cover do not remove as the adhesive can only be use once, i did try to remove it for something that i forgot XD and then put it back and right after i did it i also tested the phone in water and it went OK but after a few days the gap problem came back and even worse so i ordered a black cover some new adhesive and will do it again. hopefully this time i will do it right.

I used a hair dryer, a suction cup and some opening tools. The procedure was hard, but it is doable, just buy some extra adhesive and if you can buy an extra back frame

vigorito

Mar 11, 2010
My back has also that very little gap between the back and the frame. Do far so good with Waterproofing. I always go on lake to swim. Just avoid seawater and you'll be fine

i was abusing my z1c in sea water for 10 days everyday,for about at least one hour timeshift shots,recording and phone is working just fine,i have the white one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update:

Phone is back. it is the same phone - repaired.
    They've changed the display assembly and a lot of other small accessories (probably damaged during dismantling the phone).

On the paper it is also stated that they tested the unit for water resistance (after being repaired) and it passed.

The screen is slightly misaligned but I will just close an eye on this.
    This surely is just an important message to first time users... incase there is anyone stupid enough to immerse the phone in water with the flaps open.

You get these type of messages/notifications/tips with windows programs all the time. Tick the box so it doesn't bother you again - I also doubt whether the phone can tell if the flaps are open or shut (hence the initial notification) it almost certainly can't tell - they are just protective covers. This is just a 'take heed' notification. It popped up first time I use my phone - with flaps closed.

I think you are worrying incase the flaps aren't water-tight and a warning message is showing - not the case at all IMO.
    update

Post result after replacement. Tks.

Hi, did you already replaced the back? Was it easy and did you maintain waterproofing?

yes i did replace it ... but i fu#@$ it up. Once you put the back cover do not remove as the adhesive can only be use once, i did try to remove it for something that i forgot XD and then put it back and right after i did it i also tested the phone in water and it went OK but after a few days the gap problem came back and even worse so i ordered a black cover some new adhesive and will do it again. hopefully this time i will do it right.

I used a hair dryer, a suction cup and some opening tools. The procedure was hard, but it is doable, just buy some extra adhesive and if you can buy an extra back frame
    Back with some feedback. Today I received an email from the service company. They basically are acknowledging the defect and they said they are replacing all the defective parts and soon will be sending back the phone. I'm curious to see when that will be :)

// sent from my tablet //

Same situation with the XPERIA Z. The backplate was coming away from the casing. I think this happened because the processor became too warm for the adhesive and starting coming away from the casing. I never had water damage because of this but water could definitely have come in.

I have a Z1C now and I'm hoping this doesn't happen. You are WELL within your rights to complain, even if it was just to test it.
    it should pop up everytime you disconnect power from the phone. . I don't think the phone actually knows when the flaps are open .. I tried repowering with my power flap off, it didn't warn me .. but when i connect/disconnect microusb it does..