Cases

Search This thread

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
I bought a holster on ebay that I slip my belt into so it will never fall and holds my phone great. I think it cost around 7$ as well hard to remember price since it was over 4 months ago. Still going strong. I have no case with the phone just have to be careful I guess.

Pablo 13

May 8, 2012
London
I ordered something that appears similar to the body glove from ebay, but I'm not getting on with it as it is a bit snatchy when sliding open the keyboard and I dont like the extra depth its put on the phone.

I had a simple leather vertical opening case for my last phone. Ok, it does restrict the opening of the qwerty obviously but was nicer to hold and provided protection when needed. It seems quite a hard thing to find for a glide, especially with no belt clip.

Will go through the ones in the daydeal link and see if I can find anything :)

Pablo 13

May 8, 2012
London
Just thought I would update this as I ended up getting a pull tab type leather case and it turned up today.

I could not find one for a glide, so ended up ordering one for HTC Sensation as the dimensions are quite similar. It fits like a glove, looks like it was made for a glide :)

On the downside, now I have removed the hard snap on case I have noticed it has scratched the phone around the edge of the display :(

Reactions: Lookin4Trouble

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
Just thought I would update this as I ended up getting a pull tab type leather case and it turned up today.

I could not find one for a glide, so ended up ordering one for HTC Sensation as the dimensions are quite similar. It fits like a glove, looks like it was made for a glide :)

On the downside, now I have removed the hard snap on case I have noticed it has scratched the phone around the edge of the display :(

Pablo I've got to thank you for the inspiration - I did some checking, the dimensions of our phone (external shell dimensions) are exactly the same as the Motorola Droid 3 (which is also a slider) - I've got a friend with a Droid3 who has an extra (old, crappy) case, which I'm going to use to mock up a better case for the Glide. once I'm comfortable with the process, I'll be picking up an Otterbox for a Droid3, and modding to fit the Glide :) I've also looked into BoxWave's AluArmor case, that may be a target for me...

L4T

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
Gave up on it

I finally caved while I was on my way overseas and picked up a Body Glove case. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the AT&T store, I stopped at a Wal-Mart and lo and behold, they had a Body Glove for the i927 for $18.97.
BONUS it's not that awful blue color, it's all blacked out :)

Working great so far!

L4T

Reactions: ajt1995

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
does it makes the keyboard not opened?

Hoping this is directed to me - the keyboard opens and works just fine, the front plate covers about 1/10th of the top row of the keyboard, much more accessible than some of the other cases I picked up from Amazon, some of those covered as much as the top half of the keys.

L4T

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
And 2 months later, the "teeth" that hold the front half of the body glove case on gave way. Need a better case ASAP

AraDreamer

Jul 23, 2012
Austin/Waco, Texas
plus.google.com
the teeth on my body glove gave up after about six weeks, and my mother(owns the same case) took it back twice after the front ring snapped first and then the protective covering started peeling p nasitly. I have the cheapo hard plastic shall case in a pink/purple/magenta color (everyone has a opinion on the colour, even my black light). I wish we were able to get truly rugged cases, but with sliders, I fear I'll just have to stock up on cheap cases and cycle through every few months. Any developments?

-Ara

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
L4T, did you menage to try and adapt the driod 3 outerbox case to the glide?

Have been busy with selling my house. Not sure what I did with the D3OB, probably went for a buck in my yard sale :( I'll see if I can find it. Anything I do with it is going to be ugly, but if I do get around to it I'll post up some before/during/after pics and a video of the stairwell roll-drop test :)

L4T

HomeCookin

Sep 11, 2012
There's a Case Mate Barely There case now available for the Glide, you can find it on Amazon. Did anyone try it?

I bought this case after the "teeth" (tabs that hold it on the phone) broke on my Body Glove case. It's pretty good. It doesn't block any ports but I think the Body Glove is a little better in terms of fit. Case Mate also doesn't have the soft cloth on the inside of the case that touches the back of the phone like the Body Glove case. It interferes slightly more with the keyboard sliding than the Body Glove case but it's not a big deal it just feels a little stiffer.

My recommendation is if you can get a black Body Glove case at Wal-Mart for $19 like someone in this thread mentioned, go with that and put it on and never take it off so you don't break the "teeth." If you can't find that, get the Case Mate.

mathx

Jul 30, 2012
Toronto
Speck case?

darn. seems slider models are hard to get cases for.

anyone try the Speck case? there's a review on youtube too:

amazon: speck + glide

youtube: speck + glide, i cant post urls.

dbrannon79

Oct 4, 2010
Seguin, Texas
I'd like to find something like an otter box for the glide. I very rarely use the slide out keyboard! Wouldn't care if the case prevented use of it.:D

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
If you don't use the hardware keyboard why did you get this phone? Le me guess it was free with a contract? Just saying the keyboard is what differentiates the Glide from other Android phones. It is the Whole reason most of us bought this phone over another. No disrespect just curious, that's all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is nearly only 3 types of cases out at the market.

First the hard plastic cases that are coming in 2 parts. There are the glossy ones and the trubberized ones in a wide variety of colors and styles at ebay or Amazon. The quality is OK but not perfect. What I like is the good protection in combination with the acceptable increase of size. The problem is that you nearly can't remove the front part of the case without breaking the very small bars fixing the case to the device. I like the rubberized ones most. They are looking more stable to me than the glossy ones. With the case it's more difficult to slide out the QWERTY keyboard. But it's acceptable. What I like very much is the protection of the on/off button and then loudness buttons. Because without the case I öfter press these keys withooany will.

Then there are the leather cases. There are horizontal and vertical ones. I tried to use the ones for the Samsung Galaxy S2 also, they fit. But of course not together with the hard plastic case together. For that I will try cases made for the HTC Sensation XL. I will share my experiences as soon as I get the cases.

The third category are cases that are blocking the hardware keyboard. That unacceptable for me. I tried rubber cases for the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it worked for one but the fitting is not not really good. The thickness of the device is quite different from most other smartphones.

Hope I could help a little bit and will share my upcoming experiences.
    Speck Sureslider Case

So I just received the Sureslider case today. I bought it for 24 dollars (from versiomobile before they charged 35 :D).

Here's my review on it:

It's a one piece piece that has a hard plastic back with polycarbonate. On the front, it's made up of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer). The TPE gives the case a lip from the screen of the phone. It still slides when you put it on its face but not by much. Only the top part actually clips onto the phone. The back plate just kinda sticks to the phone.. somewhat. There's basically no restriction when you're sliding it, it feels like it's not even there. Regarding the top keys of the qwerty keyboard, it might've moved a nanometer, but not to significant to affect your typing.

Honestly, I don't think the price of $35 is worth it. I'd say it'd be more fair around 13 dollars. It also comes with a one-year warranty, so maybe that's where the high price came from?

The Sureslider case is technically a "one-piece" but when I got it, somehow the connection between the bottom and top part became loose and the top part came out. Needless to say, i thought it was going to be an easy fix. It wasn't :(. You can't just "slide" it into one piece since there's a hook and a little clip at the bottom to provide stability. After I managed to get the piece together, I went through the packaging, and there was this small instruction slip. It said "If the case becomes separated by mistake, align the two pieces and fit back together."

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Body Glove Captivate Glide

I just received the Body Glove two-piece case for the Glide. It's $30 from AT&T, but I got it from All4Cellular for less (it's also on Amazon for even cheaper, which is a bit annoying as it was out of stock when I last looked there). It's pricey, but highly reviewed on AT&T's site.

It looks high-quality (none of that gummy rubber sort of stuff) and fits snugly. A bit too snugly, actually, as it was fairly difficult to get on and (according to other owners) nigh impossible to get off. On the plus side, that means it's not going to just pop off in your pocket.

The case fully covers the back of the phone (except for holes for the camera, flash, microphone, speaker, and buttons), and on the front, it covers the bezel. It doesn't interfere with the sliding at all, though the front cover does stick out enough to potentially cause problems with the top row of physical keyboard keys. That said, the keyboard side of the front cover has a little cutout at the bottom that may alleviate that problem a bit. I haven't noticed any major difficulties typing so far.

As with any two-piece case, there's a gap between the pieces where the phone slides, so it's not going to protect from anything getting between the phone halves. Also, it only comes in one color--a metallic blue sort of look--so if that's not your thing, you're out of luck.

I'd give it four out of five stars, knocking off a star for the difficulty in getting it off, though I'd recommend it for the build quality.

Gave up on it

I finally caved while I was on my way overseas and picked up a Body Glove case. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the AT&T store, I stopped at a Wal-Mart and lo and behold, they had a Body Glove for the i927 for $18.97.
    BONUS it's not that awful blue color, it's all blacked out :)

Working great so far!

L4T