ShareKM - Share Keyboard and Mouse

Search This thread

TheGoD

Oct 26, 2009
Really great, exactly what I search for.

Suggestions:

- Option to disable the switching area
- Switching by double clicking the taskbar icon
- Better performance over wifi
- Option to use the right mouse button as given under Android (I think a few apps actually respond to it).
- Map tap and hold (probably not possible)
- Option to map the multitouch key
- Left + right mouse button for multitouch

ravb90

Sep 15, 2012
San Diego
I have been using ShareKM for a couple months ago and was working perfectly until today when i updated my nexus 7 to 4.3

The cursor is INVISIBLE,, i can move it, touch, toogle with ctrl + win, everything is fine even the keyboard but the fact that the cursor is invisible is pretty useless.

someone with the same issue?

mattartweb

Aug 12, 2013
I'm experiencing the same issue using Nexus 7, 4.3, and ShareKM. I've asked around and haven't found any alternatives yet.

mattartweb

Aug 12, 2013
Still having an invisible cursor and now it is having trouble connecting to my Nexus 7. It will only connect if I have the Nexus Root Toolkit application open, otherwise it doesn't recognize that I have a device connected. It has to do with the USB driver possibly, but I've reinstalled the drivers several times and never get a new authorization pop-up. :( I wish this thing would get updated or a reliable alternative would come out.

JamesK852

Apr 5, 2011
I am having the exact same problem. OG Nexus 7, Android 4.3 stock. Left 1 star review and emailed dev, no response. I'm so bummed. This app is baller.

While sending an E-mail is fine, please don't leave one star reviews on apps just because an update broke it especially if it is completely FREE like sharekm. It's not the dev's fault at all, there is no way for the dev to have known that a new update would break his code. Its reviews like that discourage devs. You are right this app is "baller" but please be a little more understanding, SmartUX (the developer of ShareKM) does not even have a donation method and as far as I can tell makes NO money off ShareKM. I really hope he updates his app, and if you ever come across this SmartUX; please add a donation method or even flattr on your site, I would love to support you.

Last edited:
Reactions: chajang and walpow

unexpected62

Oct 15, 2010
While sending an E-mail is fine, please don't leave one star reviews on apps just because an update broke it especially if it is completely FREE like sharekm. It's not the dev's fault at all, there is no way for the dev to have known that a new update would break his code. Its reviews like that discourage devs. You are right this app is "baller" but please be a little more understanding, SmartUX (the developer of ShareKM) does not even have a donation method and as far as I can tell makes NO money off ShareKM. I really hope he updates his app, and if you ever come across this SmartUX; please add a donation method or even flattr on your site, I would love to support you.

I understand what you mean for the 1 star review, but I will say I do it because its an attention grabber. I always update reviews if the app is fixed. Devs also have the ability to respond to reviews. I understand it wasn't his fault, but for any new user who downloads it TODAY, but review is accurate. Part of being a good dev is continued support.

That being said, I understand this is a free app. I cannot BELIEVE it is free. If there was a paid version, I would very much so pony up $5-$10 for this app. Seriously.

rabidfurball

Jun 1, 2010
Urbana, IL
Would be great if this worked... can only connect with nexus root toolkit open and still getting an invisible pointer on 4.3 nexus 7 (2013). keyboard portion works great though.

I tried enabling "pointer location" in dev options, but that just instantly crashes the tablet when the mouse is clicked...
"show touches" can be enabled, but pointer clicks don't count as touches I guess. Any other ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

If anyone else is looking for a similar program to this that works in android 4.3, there is now an alpha version of synergy for android available here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/synergyandroid/

It's a little buggy, but it works. Shows a mouse pointer and everything. I had to hit scroll lock a few times to get it working initially

Last edited:

Zephead

Mar 5, 2011
Utah
I've been using this app for awhile and it's amazing. It had been working great until I updated my Nexus 4 to CM 10.2 yesterday and now I have the invisible cursor as well, so same as everyone else the 4.3 is causing the issue. I use this app at work and can't live without it at this point :). Hoping for a fix really soon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to get rid of the date check, the app is working again.

For Android 4.4 (4.3?):
    The bug, that root access is not detected, is also fixed. Wifi is working again. Bluetooth is also reenabled, but I did not try.
    thanks for this solution, it works

and i also will use model from xposed named "per app hack" to make sure the time will be same for this app :) , i didn't know if it would work but no harm in trying :D

i will do it now and see what happen tomorrow ;)

This worked!!!!!!!
    Link: [I cannot post outside links yet; but Google "xposed per app"]

1. Your phone has to be rooted
    2. Install the xposed framework
    3. Activate the framework and reboot
    4. Install the "per-app" module for xposed
    5. Activate the module and reboot
    6. Open the per-app program, select ShareKM, and set the "Time Machine" to "2014-03-30 12:00"
    7. Reboot

Thanks os_shaheen!
    This is one of the best keyboard and mouse sharing apps Ive used. If you use your N7 near your PC a lot, this is for you.

https://sites.google.com/site/droidskm/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm
    I have the same problem...
    I unistall and install 2 times, but the same message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

Earlier, I tried it on my Tab 2, now I just tried it on my Note 2, and same results. :(

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Until a better workaround if found, you can do this to make it work:

1. Make sure Android device is unplugged from PC and the ShareKM app is killed on the Android device. (if you don't do this, the app will continue to cycle the update beta message)
    2. Go into your android device settings and manually set the date to 03/30/2014.
    3. Do the normal steps to connect (for me, it's fire off the ADB commands, start the PC Share KM application, and connect the PC to the Android device via USB)
    4. Once connected via ShareKVM, you can go into your system settings and set the date to auto detect.
    manually set the time to 3/30/2014, start the app, make the PC to Android connection, then reset the date to the correct date (or set it to autoset) and it'll work.

Note: You'll have to repeat these steps every time to disconnect/reconnect your device. I use this to connect my tablet to my laptop at work so I only have to connect once a day so it's not too big of a deal - just a little annoying. But it works...for now.
    Okay, it is now working on android L with a cursor on my nexus devices as well as CM12. :D
    I basically had to overhaul the dl.smali class so that it would use the android.view.SurfaceController class rather than the android.view.Surface class to create the drawable layer, then added a couple method calls from android.view.Surface to clone that into a Surface object we could manipulate.

Would have been a lot faster, but no java source = programming in smali. ;P