[Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

Search This thread

Cheetah1024

Jun 19, 2012
Internet. I live on the Internet.
This link which u have given is not woking bro... please fix it...

You can download the folder again if you have doubts about corrupted files.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/zLRcPHfM/root_JB.html
Be sure that you extract the rar file, don't execute from rar.

:cool:

How about that one?

Regards Cheetah1024

This is my Tapatalk signature... btw, i sent this message as usual with my awsome LG Optimus 4X HD using XDA app ;)
Aand check out my new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176392

bsmn99

Jun 1, 2013
ya i do.. but confused to do the process.. now i rooted my mobile... i want to instal the custom rom... will u pls tell me how to do it cleary? shall i need to unlock the bootloader?

ryanrod

Jun 5, 2013
San Jose, CA
Success!

I successfully rooted my LG P880 4X HD with the following software version and process. Please bear with me this is my first post on xda.

Software Version:
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: L6260_MODEM_SIC_02.1233.00
Kernel version: 3.1.10
Build Version: JZ054K
Hong Kong Software Version: P88020b-HKG-XXX

Process:
1. Downloaded and extracted "j794_root.rar" from this thread.
2. Turned off my phone and waited five seconds.
3. Held down the power button and volume down button simultaneously to enter "Android system recovery".
4. Once in "Android system recovery" I connected my phone to my pc with a mirco usb cable.
5. Then I scrolled to the option "apply update from ADB" with my volume rocker and selected it by pushing the power button momentarily.
6. A prompt came up saying, 'Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"'.
7. I then ran the file "root.bat" in the "J794_root" folder on my pc and the phone began the root process.
8. Once it said "Install from ADB complete." I selected "reboot system now" and my phone started up fine.
9. I checked my app drawer and now I have the superuser app installed.

There are a couple of photos attached to this post. One shows my software information and the other is a picture of the "Android system recovery" post rooting. You can see the different steps that took place during the root in that photo.

2013-06-03-23-20-05_zps10348e2f.jpg

IMG_0877_1632x1224_zps3ca3c5e7.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-06-03-23-20-05_zps10348e2f.jpg
    2013-06-03-23-20-05_zps10348e2f.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0877_1632x1224_zps3ca3c5e7.jpg
    IMG_0877_1632x1224_zps3ca3c5e7.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 372
Reactions: juandemor

Cheetah1024

Jun 19, 2012
Feb 4, 2013
Take battery sim or memory card before going to recovery and turn on usb debugging?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Cheetah1024

Jun 19, 2012
Reactions: IceTeaDestroyer

sam 4x

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks

It worked like a wonder.. Thanks to the developer.. only problem is that its stuck at 'gaining root access' after i updated super user.. does it take that long because it says 'working' since 30 mins now ?

Reactions: seises

vladi-it

Dec 9, 2011
Milano
linux

This works on linux too!!!!

restart the phone volume down + power on
chose the update from adb
connect the cable

download the zip in first message and get superuser.zip
adb kill-server
sudo adb start-server
adb sideload superuser.zip

(sideload is a new function in 4.1 o 4.2 , if your sdk is not updated, go in ~/android-sdk-linux_x86/tools and run ./android )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tutorial / tool] [official 4.1] [do not downgrade] [ROOT] ZeRospot made ​​a key ROOT

First of all thank the machine the front of oopsware Great God, produced below a key forum ZeRospot

1. Preferred adb tool on the computer, and have installed adb driver. Is the driver of the machine, the peas like software is installed on the line.
    2.Phone off, press the "volume down" and "power" key to boot, do not release the volume down key until the screen appears with a red triangle robot.
    3 Insert the USB connected to the computer, use the "volume" down select "Apply update from ADB, press the power button to determine two lines of yellow text prompts.
    4 Double-click ROOT.BAT.
    5.Installation is complete, the phone to return to the menu cursor restart items, press the power button to restart the phone.
    6. Superuser icon appears on the phone, running "information page, click here to check for updates, connect to the network, mandatory update

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.uploadtak.com/images/j794_root.rar
    With all due respect - the link you provided pushes a piece of adware... Do you have a clean location, or can you attach a zip to the thread? (and the original link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic, so I have no idea)

Thank you

Ok, wait... Do you REALLY think, that one could be sooo stupid, to make something endlessly great, something, nobody has done before, and then, instead of releasing it for download, give a virus or something for download!? I checked the link twice, but it's no adware...
    The 'link from page 1 resolves to a page in Arabic', because the page he uploaded it is arabic, but the file isn't up anymore...
    But if u still think, that the folder is adware, u can have this folder I provide and u can download it and check it a hundred times for adware if you want to...(although u won't find any aware or anything...)
    Here you are!:thumbup::thumbup:
    http://db.tt/lsfbhmmo

This is my Tapatalk signature... btw, i sent this message as usual with my awsome LG Optimus 4X HD using XDA app ;)
    Aand check out my new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176392
    too late

just a few minutes ago I flashed back to v10 to get root on v20.... :eek:
    Easiest method ever...
    Enter recovery by holding VOL Down while turning on the phone.
    Select in recovery menu - Apply update from ADB.
    Double click ROOT.bat from archive.
    Done.
    Thanks a lot! .)