[Q] E975 charger limit on amps?

Search This thread

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
i am thinking about if my E975 is limited when it comes to how many amps it can charge with bcs i recently brought a 2A charger also tried it out on my Google Nexus 7 2013 and i don't feel like it charges that much faster then my original LG charger with a 3meter flat OEM kable.

the charger i brought is said to charge with 2A while the original LG is only 1.2A shouldn't i be feeling a difference?

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
.the charger i brought is said to charge with 2A while the original LG is only 1.2A shouldn't i be feeling a difference?
No, you shouldn't. You can plug it into a 10 Amp charger, but the phone will only draw the amount it needs. :) Remember, it's not the charger pushing the current to the phone, it's the phone pulling it from the charger. The charging current is determined by the phone - each Li-Ion or Li-Po battery has a controller curcuit. The important thing is for a charger to be able to provide what a device wants to draw - otherwise, it would charge slowly, or not at all. So, a charger should be rated for not less than X Amp. More amp rating won't hurt, but it won't increase the actual current...

ador_butch

Oct 11, 2011
oh this is very useful. I also had the same question.
mine came with a 750mA (.75A) charger. As I left my charger at home during the holidays, I had to make due with one that I bought from a nearby tech store. I was very happy with the charger that I bought as it charges my phone really fast. I found out that my new charger was also a 2A model.

so I guess, in my experience, I noticed a big improvement in charging speeds comparing the 750mA with the new 2A charger. But I guess coming from a 1.2A charger, it only makes little difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .the charger i brought is said to charge with 2A while the original LG is only 1.2A shouldn't i be feeling a difference?
    No, you shouldn't. You can plug it into a 10 Amp charger, but the phone will only draw the amount it needs. :) Remember, it's not the charger pushing the current to the phone, it's the phone pulling it from the charger. The charging current is determined by the phone - each Li-Ion or Li-Po battery has a controller curcuit. The important thing is for a charger to be able to provide what a device wants to draw - otherwise, it would charge slowly, or not at all. So, a charger should be rated for not less than X Amp. More amp rating won't hurt, but it won't increase the actual current...