Unable to register to any network..???

Search This thread

azngreantea

Jan 17, 2014
Hey guys,

So I recently purchased a N900W8 (canadian version) from the internet and it doesnt seem to register to the Bell network. They said it was with the Bell network, but the sim does not work. I also tried a Rogers sim, and it still doesnt register. For both sims, the network bars show up, the voicemail notification icon even shows up, but when I try to make calls it says "Not registered on network". I also just rooted the phone.

So my question is.. if it is SIM locked... how come the sim lock window isnt popping up for either of the sim cards? Since that is not popping up, is there another issue here? The phone is rooted, so would flashing a stock bell rom revert it somehow?

I am stuck.. thanks for all help.

Mike

Khaled24

Jan 15, 2014
Hey guys,

So I recently purchased a N900W8 (canadian version) from the internet and it doesnt seem to register to the Bell network. They said it was with the Bell network, but the sim does not work. I also tried a Rogers sim, and it still doesnt register. For both sims, the network bars show up, the voicemail notification icon even shows up, but when I try to make calls it says "Not registered on network". I also just rooted the phone.

So my question is.. if it is SIM locked... how come the sim lock window isnt popping up for either of the sim cards? Since that is not popping up, is there another issue here? The phone is rooted, so would flashing a stock bell rom revert it somehow?

I am stuck.. thanks for all help.

Mike

-I have the exact same problem with n9005 version

-check your IMEI by dialling *#06# then pull you battery your find IMEI number......they wont be the same
I think the problem is here

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Its possibly a stolen phone?
If it has been reported stolen it won't work on any network in the country it was reported stolen...