Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Hi.I have a very strange and annoying problem.I have had this problem since installing custom ROMS.(AND I HAVE THOROUGHLY FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS FOR BATTERY CALIBRATION,SO MY BATTERY IS CALIBRATED)

When I power off my phone and plug in the charger the RED LED goes on for a few seconds,then goes back off and if I let him charge overnight the LED goes green,but when I power on the phone it says that I have around 60-70% battery left.

When the phone is ON and I charge it,everything goes normal,except the fact that it doesn't go to 100 and back to 95 and again to 100 and so on to preserve battery life,it stays to 100.

What could be the problem?Can this destroy my battery in time?
Well, I will tell you this and some people may not agree with me. But, calibration of batteries is fairly useless. Doesn't really do anything. If you install a new rom from a full wipe, it wipes your battery stats as well. Are you running a custom kernel? Not sure why you would get stuck at 100% most people on here want it that way. There is a slim chance that it could harm your battery if it's continuely pumping juice into a full battery. The battery rebooting to less is fairly common especially if you unplug it before the reboot.
Ok before i get beat up please excuse my nooobieness ,

I have been trying to flash, load, install however you want to put it the 2.15.00.09.01 rom, radio, which ever it is for days now without success. My HTC Evo 3d phone stats are as follows, hopefully these snapshots i'm attaching may lend some insight to my delima: I'm not sure if it's my bootloader or my method of flashing using clockworkmod in which i tried the PG86IMG.zip method or what. I appreciate any help i can get.
If I remember correctly, if you are on hboot 1.50 you can't flash a radio.

Reactions: johnmarshton

johnmarshton

Jan 1, 2011
Cluj-Napoca
Well, I will tell you this and some people may not agree with me. But, calibration of batteries is fairly useless. Doesn't really do anything. If you install a new rom from a full wipe, it wipes your battery stats as well. Are you running a custom kernel? Not sure why you would get stuck at 100% most people on here want it that way. There is a slim chance that it could harm your battery if it's continuely pumping juice into a full battery. The battery rebooting to less is fairly common especially if you unplug it before the reboot.

Sorry but I didn't understand exactly what you meant in the yellow sentence.I mean,I would like it to stick to 100 but how can I verify that it isn't pumping juice in a full battery(at 100% there are around 4340 mV involved).And how can I somehow make the phone charge to 100% even if it's off?(it currently charges to 60-70%).

p.s. i am running virtuous ics with htc stock kernell

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Sorry but I didn't understand exactly what you meant in the yellow sentence.I mean,I would like it to stick to 100 but how can I verify that it isn't pumping juice in a full battery(at 100% there are around 4340 mV involved).And how can I somehow make the phone charge to 100% even if it's off?(it currently charges to 60-70%).

p.s. i am running virtuous ics with htc stock kernell

My meaning of booting at less, when it's off and you boot to 60-70%. If the phone is unplugged after you charge it off and then reboot it that's not entirely unheard of. I have had that happen before. Another reason why I never turn my phone off.

I'm not entirely sure on making sure it's not over charged. But I have noticed that the ics leaks don't monitor battery as accurately as gb did. But that could be because it's a leak.

Reactions: johnmarshton

johnmarshton

Jan 1, 2011
Cluj-Napoca
My meaning of booting at less, when it's off and you boot to 60-70%. If the phone is unplugged after you charge it off and then reboot it that's not entirely unheard of. I have had that happen before. Another reason why I never turn my phone off.

I'm not entirely sure on making sure it's not over charged. But I have noticed that the ics leaks don't monitor battery as accurately as gb did. But that could be because it's a leak.

Thanks a lot(i've hit the button already).at least i know that i am not the only one with his problem

Dar_el89

May 15, 2012
HTC Evo 3D Sense

So I recently acquired an HTC EVO 3D and was told that you could change the whole look of the interface using something called SENSE. I've been fiddling with the phone for quite some time now and I can't figure out what I need to do in order to change the interface into something a lot more personally appealing then the bland and stale stock interface.....any words of help?

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
So I recently acquired an HTC EVO 3D and was told that you could change the whole look of the interface using something called SENSE. I've been fiddling with the phone for quite some time now and I can't figure out what I need to do in order to change the interface into something a lot more personally appealing then the bland and stale stock interface.....any words of help?

Sense is already installed on your device. If you're willing to root, you can install a custom rom. If not, you can use an alternate launcher. There are many found in the Google Play store such as ADW Launcher, LauncherPro, GoLauncher, etc. All of these have themes that you can install.

netwokz

Jul 25, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, I know this is meant more towards the 3D, but a lot of you guys compile source. I've been trying to compile from source for a while now, but every time I try it crashes my laptop about 15-20 mins in. How would I figure out what crashes? I've tried looking at logs in /var/log/ but I'm not sure as to witch log I should be looking for. If I run make it will crash about 15 mins in, but today I did make -j1 and it lasted about an hour before crashing. I know my laptop is not meant for this(core2duo 2.0ghz, 4gb ram), but it should be able to compile right? even if it takes 24 hours? I'm at a loss and Google is not being friendly.

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ok, I know this is meant more towards the 3D, but a lot of you guys compile source. I've been trying to compile from source for a while now, but every time I try it crashes my laptop about 15-20 mins in. How would I figure out what crashes? I've tried looking at logs in /var/log/ but I'm not sure as to witch log I should be looking for. If I run make it will crash about 15 mins in, but today I did make -j1 and it lasted about an hour before crashing. I know my laptop is not meant for this(core2duo 2.0ghz, 4gb ram), but it should be able to compile right? even if it takes 24 hours? I'm at a loss and Google is not being friendly.

I haven't heard of anyone having their computer crash when compiling. What tutorial did you follow for setting up your computer for source compilation? I have 2 tutorials in my signature you can follow for either ICS or GB and it is expanded with extra information.

netwokz

Jul 25, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't heard of anyone having their computer crash when compiling. What tutorial did you follow for setting up your computer for source compilation? I have 2 tutorials in my signature you can follow for either ICS or GB and it is expanded with extra information.
Yours :). It only crashes when compiling. It will run for days normally. It would do it on 10.04 so last night I upgraded to 12.04, and still the same. It will crash if I do it manually or using lithid-cm's cli or gui. I've also tried a fresh install, still crashes. Funny thing is that sometimes it will last longer if I disable Wifi via the hard switch. I have successfully compiled SystemUI.apk once, but took about an hour. I'm at such a loss with this.

p.s. I don't get any errors or anything, it's running then just simply shuts off like I killed the power.

Last edited:

Relax196

Jan 15, 2011
Bronx, NY
I am a noob

I want to root my Evo 3d to get free wifi tether and flash roms. The problem is that I dont know how to root. Can anyone help me please?

netwokz

Jul 25, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I want to root my Evo 3d to get free wifi tether and flash roms. The problem is that I dont know how to root. Can anyone help me please?
Depending on your HBOOT there are a couple of different ways. First pull the battery from your phone, put it back in, and hold the volume down button while pushing the power button. this will boot you into the bootloader. look at the top for "hboot" and see what version and if you are s-off or s-on. look at these threads:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547695
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1218193
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1444285

Reactions: Relax196

Relax196

Jan 15, 2011
Bronx, NY
ok

Depending on your HBOOT there are a couple of different ways. First pull the battery from your phone, put it back in, and hold the volume down button while pushing the power button. this will boot you into the bootloader. look at the top for "hboot" and see what version and if you are s-off or s-on. look at these threads:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1547695
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1218193
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1444285

i got version 1.5 and it says s-on

AndroidUzer

Aug 5, 2011
California
=Backing up EPST WiMax settings=

Is there any way to backup tweaked EPST Wimax settings.
I live in a fringe area for WiMax so it takes some time for me to dial things in just right.

Then I may try another new ROM that I have not tried before and I am back to default settings...grrr!
With no way to edit them back as the included EPST won't save my changes. I have come accross this on several ROMs. Just to be clear I know this does not occur with all ROMs.

My current convoluted solution:

I have found only one EPST that actually commits and saves my changes, most don't. They say they commited the changes and your device reboots but when you check for your changes they are not there.

The EPST included with fowenati's SupraROM V2.2 #BLISS is the only EPST that I have found that actually commits changes that stick!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433158
If I flash to this ROM make my changes, they stick! I then go back and install my preferred ROM. At the moment it's (MR 4.3) which does not revert my tweaks to default. However I cannot commit any additional changes to WiMax with it's included ESPT.

I admit it's a really messed up way just to edit WiMax settings but it is the only way I have found that works. That said, I don't want to have to go throught this every time I lose my WiMax tweaks!

That is why I am here. How can I back them up?
They don't get backed up in a nand you cant back them up with Titanium or the like...

Help please...
Any input, work arounds or solutions are welcome.

Thanks!

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I live in a fringe area for WiMax so it takes some time for me to dial things in just right.

Then I may try another new ROM that I have not tried before and I am back to default settings...grrr!
With no way to edit them back as the included EPST won't save my changes. I have come accross this on several ROMs. Just to be clear I know this does not occur with all ROMs.

I have found only one EPST that actually commits and saves my changes, most don't. They say they commited the changes and your device reboots but when you check for your changes they are not there.

The EPST included with fowenati's SupraROM V2.2 #BLISS is the only EPST that I have found that actually commits changes that stick!
If I flash to this ROM make my changes, they stick! I then go back and install my preferred ROM. At the moment it's (MR 4.3) which does not revert my tweaks to default. However I cannot commit any additional changes to WiMax with it's included ESPT.

I admit it's a really messed up way just to edit WiMax settings but it is the only way I have found that works. That said, I don't want to have to go throught this every time I lose my WiMax tweaks!

They don't get backed up in a nand you cant back them up with Titanium or the like...

Help please...

Thanks!

From the sounds of it you need to do it manually. There might be a way but I have no idea.

Reactions: AndroidUzer

tjlawson09

Mar 27, 2011
St. Paul, MN

Help please...

Thanks!
I've heard of people using qpst to back up phone settings. Don't know if it applies to WiMAX settings but just a thought. Here's a link http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/qualcomm/models/qpst/12051.html. never tried it myself but I'm sure there's lots of others who have way more knowledge then me on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidUzer

forey79

Dec 21, 2010
viola,ks
fm radio

is there a way to get the fm radio working in newts one s rom for the 3d

ive installed both radio and widget placed radio apk in system/app and changed permissions and rebooted and it just wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow EVO 3D users! We started this thread for a few reasons. First, we are helpful, good at troubleshooting, and we know android. Second, we used to be noobs, and haven't forgotten. Third, less clutter around here would be nice.

team d3rp is comprised of:
    myself, ranger61878, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, dkdude36, jdeloach, steelH, and fdb8231.

You can ask literally any question you want, we will try to help. Ask for links, zips, mods, root info, etc. Please search first, then ask for help. :) We may give you a little heat for being a d3rp, because it's fun, so don't take it personally.

Thanks in advance for asking your questions and requests in here, and NOT starting a new thread.

For requests, feel free to ask for whatever. We will try to create/modify what you want, but sometimes we won't be able to, or we won't want to lol. Just remember, if we can't do it or point you in the right direction, you're in the same boat as before you asked. No matter what we should all enjoy learning from each other.

Continue on with the questions. d3rp d3rp...

We now have a chatroom (WIP), try to find us there >
    www.webchat.freenode.net/#teamd3rp
    (you should still post here too)
    I am now 2 devices and almost 2 years away from the Shooter

Closing this thread

Please use the Q+A section from here forward

THANKS!!!

:D
    Well that's good. Nothing like a rooted phone to go to town on.
    Are you from the OG Evo or Hero forums because I don't think we've met you before. I'm not saying I know everyone on here, I'm just sayin'. :p If we've met before, my bad. Senior moments are me sometimes. :D

Actually I am from both - cut my teeth in the Hero forums, progressed to the OG Evo and now I have landed here. I don't think we have officially crossed paths before, so I am Keith, aka kfunk. Pleasure to meet you!
    Tired of trying to figure it out... What does d3rp mean?

team d3rp are the names of the three original members, Duce, ranger and pstevep. d3rps also have interest in helping derps with their 3vo problems.

^^^
    I think that's pstevep's explanation in a nutshell...lol. :p
    Sweet deal, the og evo was my first smartphone(let alone android) so with that is was getting used to android. Then I got the 3d at launch, and now I'm learning java, theming, and even trying to build from source(crap laptop). I've learned so much, and all from xda. So like I said before, I like to help when I can and give something back to this community, which has given me so much.