[Q] nook hd+ stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

parkerchad82

Mar 29, 2014
Having trouble doing anything with my nook hd+, i have it running on cm 10.2. the problem is that after i tried updating twrp from 2.6.xx to 2.7 with the flashify app it i rebooted it to try it out but instead of booting it got stuck in a boot loop. it powers on for about 3 secs and cuts back off and continues doing this until i hold down the power button and turn it off. i have tried everything i could think of but nothing works!! if anyone could help that would be great. ps im new to most of this

D

Deleted member 2092952

Having trouble doing anything with my nook hd+, i have it running on cm 10.2. the problem is that after i tried updating twrp from 2.6.xx to 2.7 with the flashify app it i rebooted it to try it out but instead of booting it got stuck in a boot loop. it powers on for about 3 secs and cuts back off and continues doing this until i hold down the power button and turn it off. i have tried everything i could think of but nothing works!! if anyone could help that would be great. ps im new to most of this

Holding power + home doesn't bring up recovery either?

You'd then need to adb flash the recovery or make an sdcard bootable and put the sdcard recovery on there which would then be started by the device and then you can fix from there. Go with the one you have already available first.

Reactions: parkerchad82

parkerchad82

Mar 29, 2014

You'd then need to adb flash the recovery or make an sdcard bootable and put the sdcard recovery on there which would then be started by the device and then you can fix from there. Go with the one you have already available first.

no ive tried holding power + home but all it does is turn off the nook and i have tried using a bootable sd card but the nook doesnt seem to want to boot up on that either. As of using adb i have tried to use it but it will not connect to the device for me to flash anything to it. It may be to my lack of experience using adb or fastboot.

parkerchad82

Mar 29, 2014
You are holding power too long. Hold power and n together for a few seconds releasing power first followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery (either stock or CWM).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

i have tried all sorts of button combinations including like you just said. the nook powers on for maybe 3 secs shows the word "nook" and cuts back off not enough time to do anything with

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
i have tried all sorts of button combinations including like you just said. the nook powers on for maybe 3 secs shows the word "nook" and cuts back off not enough time to do anything with
Your emmc is messed up. I suggest you go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and make a new bootable CWM SD per item 1a and then use that to install a plain stock zip from item 6. That should repair the files on emmc and you can start over with CM11.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Jon Lee

Jan 12, 2014
If you mess up the internal emmc recovery, your nook will behave exactly as described.
(trust me, I've been there).

The cure is to (re)flash a working recovery from a sdcard recovery.
Some people complain that it's hard to get their device to boot from sdcard.
Sometimes it helps to plug in your nook to entice it to boot from sd.

Reactions: zentico

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2092952

no ive tried holding power + home but all it does is turn off the nook...
    You are holding power too long. Hold power and n together for a few seconds releasing power first followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery (either stock or CWM).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
    If you mess up the internal emmc recovery, your nook will behave exactly as described.
    (trust me, I've been there).

The cure is to (re)flash a working recovery from a sdcard recovery.
    Some people complain that it's hard to get their device to boot from sdcard.
    Sometimes it helps to plug in your nook to entice it to boot from sd.