Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Frequently Asked Questions
Motorola Droid X

This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Q1: How can I tell if I have a Motorola Droid X?
1. Check in the battery compartment, under the battery, on the label, Model is in the middle of the top line, the Droid X is model MB810.​
2. In the software Menu>settings>about Phone>system version will include MB810.Verizon.en.US​
3. Bootloader Version: Power Off>Hold both volume buttons> Bootloader Version is 30.04​

Q2: What is the newest Stock Android Version and System Version?
The current Stock Android Version is 2.3.4 (Gingerbread).​
The current System Version is 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US see 2013 Update System Version: 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US.​

Q3: Where are the Custom Bootloaders, Recoveries, and Kernels?
Because of the Locked bootloader, the stock bootloader cannot be unlocked and Stock recovery can not be replaced, and until March 2014 there were no custom Kernels, see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X
For more on Bootloaders see XDA Wiki: Bootloaders

Q4: What is Rooting? How do I root?
Rooting gives you access to system files, that are restricted by default in android. Rooting Droid X running Gingerbread is easy using Framaroot. see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X

Q5: What is a Bootstrap and why do I need it?
Because of the locked bootloader, a bootstrap is needed to install and access a custom recovery. See Bootstrap explained by Koushik Dutta (Koush) the Droid 2, X, & 3 bootstrap creator. Which version of bootstrap should I use? In most cases Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 5.0.2.0 is the best option. see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X
for more on Bootloaders see XDA Wiki: Bootloaders

Q6: How do I restore the stock rom?
IF the phone can be booted to bootloader and the battery has enough charge, Stock Firmware(SBF) should be able to be re-flashed as long as the is no hardware failure. There are 3 methods to flash SBF/Firmware.​
1. RSD Lite (Windows only) see my page Using RSD Lite to flash a .SBF to restore (Stock Rom)
2. ezSBF bootable CD or USB flash drive (Windows/Linux/Mac) DX ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/4.5.621

Q7: What is the Best Rom?
Best/most stable ROM threads aren't allowed as they're too subjective, you'll receive lots of differing opinions on the same thing. The only way is to try yourself and find the one that fits you best as that's what these forums are about.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35879372&postcount=14

Q8: What Roms can be installed on the Droid X?
Some links to popular Roms are posted here

Q9: I tried to restore stock and all I got was this lousy screen, how do I fix it?
c1hJzs-XLHxMGEE_QAFhnBjETKgwCX1GOdyRI-vrLz1b9dmr1Mu-fRHNuaqX9U4kKPTzrDKiUJ3kYw1eyuZYd3YGJSoSDScJVdDPM9VERYqsUZH1Kt4Wd92z_zps36de91fa.jpg

Wrong Firmware/SBF was flashed. Try the 2.3.4/4.5.621 SBF (1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf)​

Q10: Can I use the Droid X, without activating with a carrier (WiFi only)?
Yes, Press the 4 corners of the screen in a clockwise direction starting with the top left corner. Your device should then jump straight to the home screen!​
*​

Forum Rules | New Users Guide | XDA Tour | Report Posts

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ

Changelog:
14 April 2014 added first 8 FAQ
09 July 2014 Thanks El Daddy for the sticky
17 July 2014 added Q9
31 March 2015 added bold type to bootloader cannot be unlocked
04 May 2015 added Bypass Activation screen

open to suggestions

Last edited:

cakpoer

May 12, 2015
cannot root with framaroot etc.

dear sd_shadow, this may very ancient but believe me I still use this HH :D

so here's my droid x I've update the system to:

System version : 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model number : DROIDX
Android version : 2.3.4
Baseband version : BP_C_01.09.15P
Kernel version : 2.6.32.9-g3e80c7a hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid53#1
Build number : 4.5.1_57_DX9-10
ERI version : 5
PRL version : 10044

before it is system updated, it is in the root condition (using SBF by linux methods)

how to root back droid x in this condition? I've tried with different methods (framaroot, kingroot, oneclickroot etc.), but nothing worked

I can not do tethering wifi, even via foxfi

please help me solve this problem

regards

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
dear sd_shadow, this may very ancient but believe me I still use this HH :D

so here's my droid x I've update the system to:

System version : 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model number : DROIDX
Android version : 2.3.4
Baseband version : BP_C_01.09.15P
Kernel version : 2.6.32.9-g3e80c7a hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid53#1
Build number : 4.5.1_57_DX9-10
ERI version : 5
PRL version : 10044

before it is system updated, it is in the root condition (using SBF by linux methods)

how to root back droid x in this condition? I've tried with different methods (framaroot, kingroot, oneclickroot etc.), but nothing worked

I can not do tethering wifi, even via foxfi

please help me solve this problem

regards
see 2013 Update System Version: 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Motorola Droid X

This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Q1: How can I tell if I have a Motorola Droid X?
    1. Check in the battery compartment, under the battery, on the label, Model is in the middle of the top line, the Droid X is model MB810.​
    2. In the software Menu>settings>about Phone>system version will include MB810.Verizon.en.US​
    3. Bootloader Version: Power Off>Hold both volume buttons> Bootloader Version is 30.04​

Q2: What is the newest Stock Android Version and System Version?
    The current Stock Android Version is 2.3.4 (Gingerbread).​
    The current System Version is 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US see 2013 Update System Version: 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US.​

Q3: Where are the Custom Bootloaders, Recoveries, and Kernels?
    Because of the Locked bootloader, the stock bootloader cannot be unlocked and Stock recovery can not be replaced, and until March 2014 there were no custom Kernels, see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X
    For more on Bootloaders see XDA Wiki: Bootloaders

Q4: What is Rooting? How do I root?
    Rooting gives you access to system files, that are restricted by default in android. Rooting Droid X running Gingerbread is easy using Framaroot. see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X

Q5: What is a Bootstrap and why do I need it?
    Because of the locked bootloader, a bootstrap is needed to install and access a custom recovery. See Bootstrap explained by Koushik Dutta (Koush) the Droid 2, X, & 3 bootstrap creator. Which version of bootstrap should I use? In most cases Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 5.0.2.0 is the best option. see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X
    for more on Bootloaders see XDA Wiki: Bootloaders

Q6: How do I restore the stock rom?
    IF the phone can be booted to bootloader and the battery has enough charge, Stock Firmware(SBF) should be able to be re-flashed as long as the is no hardware failure. There are 3 methods to flash SBF/Firmware.​
    1. RSD Lite (Windows only) see my page Using RSD Lite to flash a .SBF to restore (Stock Rom)
    2. ezSBF bootable CD or USB flash drive (Windows/Linux/Mac) DX ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/4.5.621

Q7: What is the Best Rom?
    Best/most stable ROM threads aren't allowed as they're too subjective, you'll receive lots of differing opinions on the same thing. The only way is to try yourself and find the one that fits you best as that's what these forums are about.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35879372&postcount=14

Q8: What Roms can be installed on the Droid X?
    Some links to popular Roms are posted here

Q9: I tried to restore stock and all I got was this lousy screen, how do I fix it?
    c1hJzs-XLHxMGEE_QAFhnBjETKgwCX1GOdyRI-vrLz1b9dmr1Mu-fRHNuaqX9U4kKPTzrDKiUJ3kYw1eyuZYd3YGJSoSDScJVdDPM9VERYqsUZH1Kt4Wd92z_zps36de91fa.jpg

Wrong Firmware/SBF was flashed. Try the 2.3.4/4.5.621 SBF (1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf)​

Q10: Can I use the Droid X, without activating with a carrier (WiFi only)?
    Yes, Press the 4 corners of the screen in a clockwise direction starting with the top left corner. Your device should then jump straight to the home screen!​
    *​

Forum Rules | New Users Guide | XDA Tour | Report Posts

This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ

Changelog:
    14 April 2014 added first 8 FAQ
    09 July 2014 Thanks El Daddy for the sticky
    17 July 2014 added Q9
    31 March 2015 added bold type to bootloader cannot be unlocked
    04 May 2015 added Bypass Activation screen

open to suggestions