[APP][2.3.3+] My (material design) note's app "Note list" v4.9.1

Search This thread

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
Curious if there are plans to add handwriting notes. I have a Note 2 but don't rum TouchWiz roms so this would be a awesome and beautiful alternative to SNote.

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

I Just wonder. So many people are asking for a synchronization feature.
What is the main reason why you would use cloud storage?

- Synchronization on tablet/phone
- Access to notes on other OS like Windows
- Backup
- Other

I Would love to hear what your main reasons are for cloud storage so I can make better decisions on how to create such features.
Thanks!

Dropbox file history. Since there's no undo in most apps, the Dropbox version history has saved my butt so many times...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
I Just wonder. So many people are asking for a synchronization feature.
What is the main reason why you would use cloud storage?

- Backup
- Other

I Would love to hear what your main reasons are for cloud storage so I can make better decisions on how to create such features.
Thanks!

All of these...

- Backup

Creating a notes app as good as yours looks isn't of much use to the majority of us I'd imagine without some of backup or preferably cloud syncing service where by the notes can be accessed on multiple devices.

IMO, cloud syncing is big 'must have'.

:good:

Last edited:

Edub05

Feb 12, 2013
I've not installed yet but just curious what the "full network access" permission is needed for
?

Thanks!

bedi.gursimran

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
BEST not app

Looks nice. 2 things I would really like!

1. WIDGET support. Now this one isn't a must have for me but it would be nice

2.Different themes such as dark holo and such.

Keep up the Good work

madgooner2810

Jan 10, 2012
The app is great, although it lacks a few features, I am sure you will implement them in time. Made a donation as thanks for this great looking app!

According to me some required features are:-
Reminders
Cloud Sync
Backup of notes to SD card
Maybe you could also take advantage of Jelly Bean's expandable notifications to show reminders.

Thanks and Hope you continue to work on this great app. Has a lot of potential.

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Dropbox file history. Since there's no undo in most apps, the Dropbox version history has saved my butt so many times...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

I Was thinking of a history feature from within the app. That way you could revert back to an old version of a note. But that's on my very long term to do list. Synchronization has a higher priority. And as you say, I believe dropbox would have a history feature anyway. So that would be a good alternative.

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Curious if there are plans to add handwriting notes. I have a Note 2 but don't rum TouchWiz roms so this would be a awesome and beautiful alternative to SNote.

I Was making a roadmap for the up coming months. And there is no room for handwriting or hand drawings at the moment. Although I think it would be nice to be able to add a small hand drawn image to a note. It's too much out of scope for the up coming months. I Do have it on my wish list, but to be realistic I can not see me having the time this year to build it.

Salman Babri

Jun 12, 2012
Lahore

+rep. Elegant app with lot of potential. I would like to suggest some features:-

Backup/synchronize with Dropbox.

Add reminders alarms to notes & to do notes.

It would be even better if there is an option to attach reminders to missed calls like we have in Any do notes. (if that is feasible).

Bold, Italic, underline & bullet points options when writing notes.
Swipe to mark to do's as done.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Cubeactive

jglm4u

Oct 12, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro

One cool feature that not even ever note has is maps with satellite view.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

benzai

Nov 23, 2011
Freiburg i. B.
search function?

nice app dude :)

i was searching for a nice and uncomplicated note app for my dad and here it is ;)

The only thing i'am missing is a search function (or is there one and i haven't seen it?)

Keep going :)

Benzai

Hanny

Feb 5, 2011
Hong Kong
Just at the first glance of the screenshot at XDA portal, I already want to move to this app as my major note-taking app on Android. Thanks to the stunning simple but elegant UI! After downloading and trying, it is definitely better than the similar "Holo Notes" that focused only on simplicity but forgot the intuitiveness and user-friendliness. You got them all.

The fonts, sizes, positions of buttons, sorting functions are all super awesome but I still can't move on from ColorNotes yet, because I always make "task lists" which is different from your "mark as complete" option for every single individual note. The "task list in ColorNotes offer me another list within a note, so I can have my hiking to-bring list ready, and camping to-bring list ready in the same folder called "Outing", instead of having to open an individual folder for each of them and create every single to-bring object as one note with several clicks.

This will be the essential feature that urges me to move on immediately as the ColorNotes fonts sucks... however just cant leave it because it has the best functionality out there IMO.

There are alot of Cloud Sync functions out there in a bunch of different note-taking apps and to be honest I just dislike them completely, no matter it is with Google Tasks or Dropbox or Google Docs etc, it is annoying and seems like adding an useless folder with my gmail as the name etc etc.

When you sync, you just want your notes safe and it acts like a backup. However, I think for a simple app like this, the backup function should be a regular local backup, for users to backup between ROMs flashes (if they have no TB), or moving from phone to phone. Of course, the last feature I would like is a "recycle bin", then we can have our archives right there or we won't panic when we accidentally delete our notes.

I am seriously hoping for the above features to appear soon (especially and essentially task lists) and I am keeping the app installed for update check! Thanks for the app and already donated even I have AdAway! :p

mr.mydoom

Mar 14, 2011
Ahmedabad

Is password options in your list for coming release?

Sent from my Cynus T2 using xda app-developers app

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
nice app dude :)

i was searching for a nice and uncomplicated note app for my dad and here it is ;)

The only thing i'am missing is a search function (or is there one and i haven't seen it?)

Keep going :)

Benzai

It's not there yet. I Know it's a common feature for people that have many notes, so I would like to add it in the future.

Just at the first glance of the screenshot at XDA portal, I already want to move to this app as my major note-taking app on Android. Thanks to the stunning simple but elegant UI! After downloading and trying, it is definitely better than the similar "Holo Notes" that focused only on simplicity but forgot the intuitiveness and user-friendliness. You got them all.

The fonts, sizes, positions of buttons, sorting functions are all super awesome but I still can't move on from ColorNotes yet, because I always make "task lists" which is different from your "mark as complete" option for every single individual note. The "task list in ColorNotes offer me another list within a note, so I can have my hiking to-bring list ready, and camping to-bring list ready in the same folder called "Outing", instead of having to open an individual folder for each of them and create every single to-bring object as one note with several clicks.

This will be the essential feature that urges me to move on immediately as the ColorNotes fonts sucks... however just cant leave it because it has the best functionality out there IMO.

There are alot of Cloud Sync functions out there in a bunch of different note-taking apps and to be honest I just dislike them completely, no matter it is with Google Tasks or Dropbox or Google Docs etc, it is annoying and seems like adding an useless folder with my gmail as the name etc etc.

When you sync, you just want your notes safe and it acts like a backup. However, I think for a simple app like this, the backup function should be a regular local backup, for users to backup between ROMs flashes (if they have no TB), or moving from phone to phone. Of course, the last feature I would like is a "recycle bin", then we can have our archives right there or we won't panic when we accidentally delete our notes.

I am seriously hoping for the above features to appear soon (especially and essentially task lists) and I am keeping the app installed for update check! Thanks for the app and already donated even I have AdAway! :p

I Know sometimes there is more need for a quick check list instead of marking a whole note as completed. But most of the times people use it to create shopping lists. I Believe there are far better apps that can help out people with their shopping. However there are also people that want to add a check list for other reasons. So I would love to be able to work out something for them. But because it's not a high requested feature it has lower priority. I Can only spend a limited time on development and need to pick my battles. I Did think about it though, and I put it on my wish list for features if I ever have time left.

Trashbin is high on my priority list, mainly because I need it for my synchronization feature. So that's likely to be one of the first things I will be working on.

A SD backup feature is also likely to be added, for three reasons. One, it's important people can backup their notes. Two it's requested a lot, and last because it shares a lot of code with a synchronization feature. So this is also very high on my priority list.

If I would make a synchronization feature for Dropbox/Drive it will save all notes in a folder: Android/packagename. So as long as other Android apps also use the Android folder it should not clutter your storage much. I Know most just save their files in a folder with their package name in the root.

Thanks a lot for donating! (Everyone else too!) it's nice too see people still wanting to pay for software even if they can use an adblocker. :)

Is password options in your list for coming release?

Sent from my Cynus T2 using xda app-developers app

It's not something that's on my short list. Mainly because I think it's useless to add a password system if the notes are not encrypted. I Can see people wanting secure storage of notes with encryption. But I'm not that familial with U.S. encryption laws. I Know there are special laws for using encryption in your software. And all apps distributed on Google Play must follow U.S. export laws. So I would first need to investigate these laws more. As you can imagine while there are other issues with more priority it will not be soon.

Reactions: mr.mydoom

Ludak021

Oct 29, 2012
Hi!

First of all - Thank You for sharing your work with us! Much appreciated! :)

Now, this is not specifically related to this app, it's related to almost every note app out there and a bone I have to pick with them :p
- Most of these apps are presented in a "remind me to do" style manner. "Buy flowers!" for instance. Now, this is perfectly fine to put in a note, but, the problem with this is that I, for instance, personally am going to forget to buy those flowers anyway. :( Why? Because I would have to be reminded to open the Note app and read the damn note :D
Solution: on my former nokia symbian based phones there was at least one line on the homescreen that contained notes/reminders so whenever I look at my phone I actually get reminded. My suggestion to all Note app makers is the same: make notes that can (if we choose) remind us, via sound, popup, alarm, anything really, it just needs to be visible as soon as we look at the phone (turn the screen on or at least unlock the phone and enter homescreen). For instance, Notif (app on playstore) does this by utilizing JellyBean's advanced notification pull down system and making persistent notes in there (of chosen). There are also some widgets (MemoWidget for instance) that allow you to type in them. Placed on a homescreen it's a pretty good reminder.
I personally tend to utilize in-build alarm app for "buy flowers" that way there is no way I can miss it. Sometimes even calendar events with alarm function are good choice but personally I find the calendar app too clogged and complicated to use for simple tasks/notes/reminders.

Now, I like this simple nifty app that you made, it's very clean and simple to use. All it needs is some kind of reminder to at least remind you to open the app and read the note! :)
That's my opinion anyway, it's not a demand, it's just wishful thinking! :)

Best Regards,
L021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_notelist_600.jpg

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note list and is available from the Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubeactive.qnotelistfree

If you like to help out with translations or beta testing just drop a message or pm and I'll contact you for more information.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play.
    Thank you all for the great support! :)

More information and a FAQ can be found on my website.
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/

Store description
    Note list is your elegant notepad for Android devices.

With Note list you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful material design notepad app for your Android device, Note list is it.

• Easy to use - Large notepad for writing notes, optimized for phones and tablets
    • Organize notes - Store your notes in folders and archive folders.
    • Sync notes - Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™
    • Quick access - Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
    • Reminders - Add reminders to notes and check completed notes.
    • Backup/Restore - Keep your notes save by using the backup manager or synchronization function.
    • Language support for: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
    • Use Note list ads free.
    • Note widget.
    • Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color markup options.
    • Calendar view.
    • App lock.

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
    - Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
    Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
    Note list is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
    There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
    If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note list, you can use the Note list content provider.
    The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note list and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
    Note list development library

You will need to add the Note list read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
    The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note list.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

Device_Screenshot_1.png
    Device_Screenshot_2.png

Device_Screenshot_3.png
    Device_Screenshot_4.png

Device_Screenshot_11.png
    Device_Screenshot_8.png

Device_Screenshot_6.png

Device_Screenshot_15.png

Device_Screenshot_18.png

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note list privacy policy:
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/
    Version 2.5 has been released today.

With the new update of Note l!st you no longer have to worry about accidentally deleting an important note. The added “Deleted notes” folder shows all deleted notes before you choose to permanently delete or restore them.

The update also adds higher resolution icons for use with high resolution devices and has improvements for the user interface.

Change log v2.5
    - Fixed: The app would crash with an IllegalStateException when pressing back in the share dialog.
    - Added: Deleted notes folder. Deleting a note will now first move it to the deleted notes folder, from there you can permanently delete or restore notes. This folder will auto hide if there are no deleted notes available.
    - Added: XHDPI version of icons.
    - Changed: The note content will now automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence.
    - Changed: Some font sizes for tablet layout.
    - Changed: Switched the save and discard buttons in the edit note screen.
    - Changed: Action bar layout of edit folder screen
    - Changed: Back button setting is now only visible on tablets.
    can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?

No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.
    WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
    Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?

Thanks!
    Currently it's one (local) device only. I'm looking into synchronization and backup options.
    Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

I Was surprised to see the app being featured on the front page of XDA. I Was wondering what happened that caused my inbox to be this full of emails. :)
    I Will read all of your notes but it's a bit much to reply every comment at the moment.

And many thanks to the once that have made a donation. It really is nice to see so many people wanting to help out a developer.