Help with linux

Search This thread

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
this dont make any sense. I got windows working again. I still cannot get the esprimg.zip working. Its still just like its not even there when I boot into recovery

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
I'm officially giving up. I did not have this much trouble the first time I rooted with my other slide. You would think that Since I am rooted since I have been into clockwork recovery that I should just be able to go right back into clockwork recovery but I cant. I even tried flashing clockwork recovery through the ROM manager but It still will not work.

Root is working. So i am not sure what is going on. I have even tried to re-root in windows with no luck.

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm officially giving up. I did not have this much trouble the first time I rooted with my other slide. You would think that Since I am rooted since I have been into clockwork recovery that I should just be able to go right back into clockwork recovery but I cant. I even tried flashing clockwork recovery through the ROM manager but It still will not work.

Root is working. So i am not sure what is going on. I have even tried to re-root in windows with no luck.

Your "other Slide"? Newer Slides have newer firmware that apparently cannot be rooted.

I'm glad to see it wasn't a Linux issue. :p

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
Finally it found the ESPRIMG.ZIP files and is checking now

Edit- Update in progress. Finally getting somewhere.

Back running Froyo again.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
Hopefully nbetcher will know. Only thing I can think is to make sure USB debugging didn't get turned off by accident???? I dunno

Sent from my Htcclay's Superfly 3G using XDA App

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, suddenly I am getting this error:

~/android/tools> ./adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: insufficient permissions for device

Then I tried

~/android/tools> chmod +x adb

Any ideas?

Strange. Make sure adb is killed (run 'killall -9 adb'), then try 'su', then enter your root password (probably same as your user's password), then try to run 'adb start-server'. Then type 'exit' (just once), then try to run the adb shell. If that doesn't fix the problem then run everything as root (in 'su' mode).

It's kind of hack-ish to do it that way and I'm not sure why it would require that all of a sudden.

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
# killall -9 adb
# adb start-server
If 'adb' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf adb

# adb shell
If 'adb' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
cnf adb

# ./adb shell

Errr, right. Use ./ in front of everything I said about adb. It's not typical to need to run binaries with ./ in-front of them - usually they are installed in $PATH, but since you're running it from a directory outside of $PATH you need to always use ./ in front of it.

You can catch me on GTalk as well... check your PMs. :)

dumfuq

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2009
Ok, suddenly I am getting this error:

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

Then I tried

~/android/tools> chmod +x adb

Any ideas?

You probably just need to make a udev rule for your device. Google "android udev linux"