Real Leather Folding/Wallet Style Case - UPDATES?

Search This thread

thatdudebutch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
My E4 case for the GS2 has three slits for credit cards, there is also a small inner pocket where you could put a few bills. The E4 for the Note has five slits for credit cards and should have the same inner pocket (behind credit card slits)

I must point out the Easecase will answer any questions regarding further info/options/customizing - this really impressed me. They provided me with photos of colour options and engravement placement.

Before I got my Easecase, I used a Melkco flipcase which I loved. Unfortunately I dropped my phone :(:( this resulted in having two ugly dents in it. After that ....I was determined to get a case with full protection. I didn't really purchase it for the wallet aspect, as I use my purse and handbag for that.

All future phones will be lovingly encased in Easecase LoL :D

Thanks for all the info. If I order one, should I order through eBay?

MISSDIVA

Feb 3, 2009
West Sussex
Yes, they only trade through Ebay as far as I'm aware. If you are going to customise it, put your instructions in the message box on the order page.

So....are you getting one?:D

thatdudebutch

Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
Yes, they only trade through Ebay as far as I'm aware. If you are going to customise it, put your instructions in the message box on the order page.

So....are you getting one?:D

I am thinking about it very hard! :D I am in the US so it would take me a couple weeks I'm sure to receive. Also, can it be held in a guys front pocket? I actually have two phones to carry around. I obviously could not put the Note in my back pocket for fear of squishing it. Seems my pockets will be very full!

Z3RO2K

Jan 2, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I bought a case from Amazon then received an unexpected official Samsung Flip Case through the post from my Network 3 here in the UK for free. I am now using that one as it is great.

I cant recommend it enough, on all previous phones i would never dream of getting a flip case because they were just not for me i have always gone for Case-Mate Tough for full protection.

Anyway check where you are with your Network to see if you are eligible for a free flip case, they are great quality. I have a white Note and they sent me an orange case, didn't like the colour at first but now its nice. :)

Review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6kvLMjeQE

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007BZQF...de=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B007BZQF88

Reactions: thatdudebutch

jeremy.chan

Jan 7, 2008
I bought a case from Amazon then received an unexpected official Samsung Flip Case through the post from my Network 3 here in the UK for free. I am now using that one as it is great.

I cant recommend it enough, on all previous phones i would never dream of getting a flip case because they were just not for me i have always gone for Case-Mate Tough for full protection.

Anyway check where you are with your Network to see if you are eligible for a free flip case, they are great quality. I have a white Note and they sent me an orange case, didn't like the colour at first but now its nice. :)

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007BZQF...de=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B007BZQF88

that case has bad rep here among the users, quality is bad, and starts peeling between 2 weeks to a month after usage

the easecase ones are the most premium you can find, i guess. i would love one, or 2 of those :D

i'm using the zenus case now, but it has a magnet at the back, so im thinking of changing it. i can verify that it affects the phone, not on the s-pen side when using it, but if you run the test on the compass, it screws up the proper reading

Z3RO2K

Jan 2, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
that case has bad rep here among the users, quality is bad, and starts peeling between 2 weeks to a month after usage

the easecase ones are the most premium you can find, i guess. i would love one, or 2 of those :D

i'm using the zenus case now, but it has a magnet at the back, so im thinking of changing it. i can verify that it affects the phone, not on the s-pen side when using it, but if you run the test on the compass, it screws up the proper reading

I suppose it's personal preference, I've not had any problems with it yet. Can't complain being free thou!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

B338le

Jan 15, 2010
I'm also on the hunt for a decent leather case. Easecase looks good, but no stand. I've messaged them to ask if one can be added - fingers crossed.

Another candidate is noreve.com - have a look at their leather case.

Another brand is unikko on ebay. And

if you fancy some bling look for hyundaihmall on amazon/ebay, although they don't always show up in search results

Would have added direct links but not permitted yet

If easecase can add a stand/leg, that will be my choice

-francesco-

Apr 19, 2012
I'd like like very much leather wallet style cases for smartphones; but, however, in my opinion and experience, they aren't very functional: when I must respond to incoming calls I must very rapidly rotate sideways (360 degree) the flip while holding the phone. In a different way I have found that I can more easily and very quickly open the flip upwards while holding the phone sideways. For this reason I've chosen for my galaxy note a case from pielframa.com with a simple (not magnetic) snap closure on the bottom, even if from an aesthetic point of view I prefer a wallet style case. For money and credit cards I've chosen against my will to use a separate wallet, because I fear the presence of the magnetic field of the loudspeaker near the magnetic strips of the cards.

B338le

Jan 15, 2010
I'm also on the hunt for a decent leather case. Easecase looks good, but no stand. I've messaged them to ask if one can be added - fingers crossed.

Another candidate is noreve.com - have a look at their leather case.

Another brand is unikko on ebay. And

if you fancy some bling look for hyundaihmall on amazon/ebay, although they don't always show up in search results

Would have added direct links but not permitted yet

If easecase can add a stand/leg, that will be my choice

Swift response from easecase - no they can't add a leg/stand. However, having looked for chuffin' ages, they're among the best I've found so I've ordered an E4 regardless (tip: mentioned somewhere else on this forum, beware of ordering their E6 version - has a wallet compartment at the back that blocks the camera)
I also think it might be possible to fold the front flap back far enough to act as a stand "support"- will wait and see

Cost - £46.99 from ebay. Delivery - at least 6 weeks (not surprising as it's tailor made)

Last edited:

cmatic2

Dec 11, 2011
I've ordered an E4 regardless

Their ebay site states this model uses one magnet for closure. I (and many others) have had issues with magnetic covers/cases(s-pen issues , amongst others). The Samsung Note manual also states one should not use them.

I am desperately looking for a replacement for mine!

Last edited:

Chepiriux

Apr 19, 2012
San Salvador
I was looking for a leather flip case and Came across this discussion. Ive been waiting for a genuine leather wallet case and finally order one...easecase just looks incredible! I talk to them because i was concerned that there was no front speaker hole, but they told me they can provide one I will get it in about 6 weeks also so ill keep you posted and provided pictures when I get it. BTW I order the E4 for the camera hole.

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
This one looks interesting...anyone purchased this one before?

http://zenuscaseusa.com/androids/ga...xy-note-masstige-color-edge-diary-series.html

700_gnote_coloredgediary_navy_05_1.jpg

paris.gr

Dec 20, 2009
I have the carbon one. Zenus cases are top quality. They use magnets but very weak ones so no problem with the spen. Highly recommended by me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im going to buy next this one or this one. Not sure if those are real leather tho. :cool:

I have the first one in your listing and can confirm it is not real leather. The fitting is perfect and the it is a beautiful case. However, it doesn't hold credit card or cash too well.

There isn't sufficient space between the front cover and Note's screen, so you will have a hard time close the flip after occupy the credit card slots or placed your cash.

The case is made from not so durable material. I would expect the PU surface to deteriore after a few months.
    Im going to buy next this one or this one. Not sure if those are real leather tho. :cool:
    This one is great build quality, but as I noticed in the other threads the leather is lighter and all that stuff on the front kind of kills it for me.

http://zenuscaseusa.com/androids/galaxy-note/samsung-galaxy-note-prestige-vintage-g-note-diary.html

Have people debunked the magnet thing? Is it an issue or just fearmongering? LOL.

It has a magnet so it is a no go :)

Sen from some Android phone
    My E4 case for the GS2 has three slits for credit cards, there is also a small inner pocket where you could put a few bills. The E4 for the Note has five slits for credit cards and should have the same inner pocket (behind credit card slits) It has the inserted closure.

I must point out the Easecase will answer any questions regarding further info/options/customizing - this really impressed me. They provided me with photos of colour options and engravement placement.

Before I got my Easecase, I used a Melkco flipcase which I loved. Unfortunately I dropped my phone :(:( this resulted in having two ugly dents in it. After that ....I was determined to get a case with full protection. I didn't really purchase it for the wallet aspect, as I use my purse and handbag for that.

All future phones will be lovingly encased in Easecase LoL :D