T-Mobile Insurance/JUMP & Warranties

Search This thread

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Does Knox affect coverage? I mean all the things i hear around the forums is for warranty.(What warranty are they speaking of?) Quite honestly I don't even know what the general warranty is for mobile devices as I've always taken care of mines. No cracks or broken from drops... ect.. It kinda sounds like Warranty and Insurance through T-mobile (Assurance) is separate. Currently have insurance since JUMP comes with it.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anyone who could give a detailed explanation to this. Also regarding on how knox affects either both or one of the above mentioned in regards to claims. I don't think Assurance would care if it was.

Last edited:

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
My guess is that JUMP (and insurance for that matter) should not be affected. I'm planning to turn mine in 12 months from now, at which point the JUMP program will cover the other 50%. At that time, the warranty will be void (via expiration) anyway, so I can hardly see that as being a valid point.

I wouldn't take my word for it, however. Large companies tend to take every step possible to make sure that they aren't spending any extra money they don't have to.

akafaze

Oct 21, 2009
Assurance and JUMP phones won't be affected by Knox. Plenty of people have turned in phones that were triggered with Knox, both in store at T-Mobile and mailed back for replacement through Assurance. Until employees get trained on detecting Knox and start denying those phones, we won't have to worry for now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Crewchief521

Mar 29, 2010
I just used my jump and turned in my rooted s4, Pac-Rom boot image and everything. They only checked if it powered on, if the screen was cracked, and if there was water damage.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Yeah with the above user that's one of the reasons I ask. I had traded in my s4 with cm10. They didn't care except that it worked, and the conditition.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app