[ROM][LF6] Android Open Kang Project _Milestone 6_ This one 's for the purists

Search This thread

coldcrush390

Feb 13, 2011
Anyone having issues with the home button not responding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

So I just experienced that same issue with the home button not working and it's because we flashed the gapps from jb instead of ics. That's most likely the reason why it's not working. Found this out viewing the OP and realized it was ICS.

johnus

Nov 25, 2007
Laguna Beach
So I used to run this ROM on my old Note, and loved the general speed and stability of it. But for the last few months I've been running various JB ROMs because I wanted the latest and greatest. However I just got a new phone (warranty replacement through AT&T) and decided I wanted stability again (too many random reboots and freezes in JB).

So I got this installed again and after a couple days of usage I started experiencing an issue I also experienced on my old Note with this ROM. I had completely forgotten about it; it's the reason I switched away in the first place. Anyway, here's the problem. Sometimes when I open the stock SMS app, the keyboard slides open as usual but the rest of the app appears frozen. I can type, but no text appears. If I back out of the keyboard, the text appears and the rest of the app continues working. When it behaves like this, sometimes in other apps (including the launcher) the notification bar turns white. And random things start to just lock up. It seems to be graphics related. Some parts of the screen are refreshed appropriately, others are just frozen until the things that are working correctly are not longer on-screen. A reboot fixes the issue for a period of time but it seems to happen just about every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. I'm not sure what's triggering the issue, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

It does this no matter which kernel I use, and Force GPU Acceleration doesn't seem to have any effect on it. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Ah. Just re-discovered the issue where I can't send more than one text at a time as well.

Last edited:

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
So I just experienced that same issue with the home button not working and it's because we flashed the gapps from jb instead of ics. That's most likely the reason why it's not working. Found this out viewing the OP and realized it was ICS.

I don't recall what I did but I flashes the alt kernel from FJ and if fixed my home button issue. I noticed it on cm10 based ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

There are several really nice current ics roms

This is true. I've tried Padawan, Novena, and Blackstar. Haven't really been much of a fan of the touchwiz based roms since I flashed my first cm9 build on my Cappy back in the day. That being said, I do have the last version of CM9 for the note, was also looking for some kind of aokp or pa (if there was one pre-JB)

If'ns you could point me in the direction I seek, I twould be grateful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    (not completely actual)
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png

1. Everythign in this build was built from the ground up including the Kernel using Cyanogen's source
    2. Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this
    3. MAKE A NANDROID
    4. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    5. flash ROM
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build _ MILESTONE 6 _

Mirror 1

Current gapps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Credits:
    • sixstringsg
    • h0tw1r3
    • Cyanogenmod
    • Other people I'm sure I'm missing, PM me if you should be on the list.
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to sixstringsg
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Of course yall know how to donate to ME if you feel like it . :good:

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the I717 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one more yay
    just in case ..
    and yes its uploading , link will be up in about an hour .
    Lets keep it clean ..

What Jamied81 is doing is awesome forthe users who want a taste or hitching to flash new stff ....

until i can get a stable build , and since aokp willbe adding i717 to to aokp 's list of supported device most probably the next release will be something official unlessi can get it VERY stable beofrethey get official in the meantime enjoy jamie's work or stick to the basic ..

please dont compare roms , use the one that suits you most or use 2 iof them if you have to...