Stock original etc/hosts file needed...

Search This thread

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
So can anyone just tell me if the lines in the hosts file are "stock"? I am afraid AdAway might have messed it up or something. Currently mine lookes like this:
uqe5a3yz.jpg

Thanks! BTW: I am on stock Android 4.4.2

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
My stock ROM N7 2013 4.4.2 has only one entry:

127.0.0.1 localhost

FWIW, in your file, the :1 is for ipv6, it's the equivalent of 127.0.0.1, and the last entry is commented out (the #), and has no effect.

In short yours is not messed up, it's just not stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiDi9901

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
@mdamaged thanks for the reply! I used the # to comment it out because I had problem connecting to Google server (orange WiFi bar) and this fixed my problem. What is actually the stock one? Without the last two lines? Do you think adaway or any other xposed module created the 2 lines?

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
@mdamaged thanks for the reply! I used the # to comment it out because I had problem connecting to Google server (orange WiFi bar) and this fixed my problem. What is actually the stock one? Without the last two lines? Do you think adaway or any other xposed module created the 2 lines?

No problem.

The stock one has the one line I posted.

127.0.0.1 localhost

...nothing else.

Yes, the 127.0.0.0/8 range is a rfc1122 address range, it is (normally) not routable over the internet, so indeed this would cause problems trying to connect to hosts with hostnames which have this mapped to them. This would likely be done by something which is made to stop ads being served, or from services from being contacted.

Given the hostnames being mapped I'd guess it was something trying to prevent communicating with the google services, not ad sites, not knowing what xposed modules were in use that's all I can say.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My stock ROM N7 2013 4.4.2 has only one entry:

127.0.0.1 localhost

FWIW, in your file, the :1 is for ipv6, it's the equivalent of 127.0.0.1, and the last entry is commented out (the #), and has no effect.

In short yours is not messed up, it's just not stock.