HTC EVO 4G LTE @ BestBuy

Search This thread

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
what most ppl don't realize is they are paying 50 bucks for the 50 buck gc.... not paying 50 bucks and getting a 50 buck gc on top of what they just paid... thats how bby works, i used to work there

Pinks you are 1/2 right, the paper that they print out says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for a GC to reserve your phone, but their Tool Kit or what ever is providing alternate info that you do not have to do this step this time. You will receive a $50.00 GC upon activation of the phone in-store or you will be mailed one if you ordered online. So those of us that ordered in-store will be paying $149.99 before tax due to the $50.00 GC that we will get @ the time of purchase.

Will

mav78249

Jun 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I actually got an email from Best Buy on the 7th stating with purchase and activation that we would receive a $50 GC. Hopefully we can put it towards the phone as to me it sounds like after its paid for we get the card. I guess ill use it on a case or something. Also, any word on whether or not there will be Beats headphones included?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

LTEvo

May 7, 2012
Anyone have any luck getting the activation fee waived at Wirefly. If so any hints on what exactly you said to the rep to make that happen would be appreciated. :D

I tried but she checked twice (more likely just put me on hold and whistled a bit) and said cant waive activation on HTC preorder.

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
Anyone have any luck getting the activation fee waived at Wirefly. If so any hints on what exactly you said to the rep to make that happen would be appreciated. :D

I tried but she checked twice (more likely just put me on hold and whistled a bit) and said cant waive activation on HTC preorder.

You're gonna have to call sprint to get the activation fee waived, its all in their end.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I work for BBY, let me see if I can help out here a little bit...

that regular price seems a bit steep. hopefully i can get the discount :)

It will be $699 outright. It's BBY Mobile Manager discretion if they want to price match sprint on no-contract price. It's also at their discretion if they don't want to sell it to you outright.

so how did you pre-order if you didn't put anything down, what will make them save one for you???

Unfortunately, nothing. I have a very bad feeling that this will be like the 4G when it came out... pre-orders were a suggestion, so to speak. It didn't guarantee inventory, it only showed interest for the phone per location and they tried to send more phones to places where there was most pre-orders.

Also, it seems like BBY and Sprint worked out something for this phone since BBY didn't get the GNex on launch day, some stores didn't get any inventory for 1+ weeks. Again, I hope BBY doesn't drop the ball on this. Even though I work for BBY, I usually don't buy my phones from them.

mercado79

Oct 4, 2008
Boston, MA
Pinks you are 1/2 right, the paper that they print out says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for a GC to reserve your phone, but their Tool Kit or what ever is providing alternate info that you do not have to do this step this time. You will receive a $50.00 GC upon activation of the phone in-store or you will be mailed one if you ordered online. So those of us that ordered in-store will be paying $149.99 before tax due to the $50.00 GC that we will get @ the time of purchase.
Will

@viperboy
can you comment on how this deal works for people that had also signed up for the $50 phone freedom promo in feb.? the two bb mobile reps i spoke to today in store told me i had the option of putting down $50 and receiving a $50 gift card in exchange OR putting nothing down. didn't seem like a promo to me and definitely doesn't match up with what others are reporting here.

they said that i could apply the freedom credit to it and bring the price down to $150. not what i was looking for. ideally, i'd pre-order, use the $50 freedom promo AND also get the pre-order $50 gift card. $99 after all was said and done. does that make sense?

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
@viperboy
can you comment on how this deal works for people that had also signed up for the $50 phone freedom promo in feb.? the two bb mobile reps i spoke to today in store told me i had the option of putting down $50 and receiving a $50 gift card in exchange OR putting nothing down. didn't seem like a promo to me and definitely doesn't match up with what others are reporting here.

they said that i could apply the freedom credit to it and bring the price down to $150. not what i was looking for. ideally, i'd pre-order, use the $50 freedom promo AND also get the pre-order $50 gift card. $99 after all was said and done. does that make sense?

oddly every bby store isn't doing this but it does say clearly online that they will give you a 50 gc if you buy it from them http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...050001##0##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15

mercado79

Oct 4, 2008
Boston, MA
oddly every bby store isn't doing this but it does say clearly online that they will give you a 50 gc if you buy it from them http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...050001##0##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15
i hear you, but what about the second promo. can they both be used? i'm planning to try again today. we'll see. actually...i'll give online chat a try.

UPDATE:
The rep via online chat says that only one $50 promo applies at a time. Maybe I'll have better luck in-store.

Last edited:

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm honestly really frustrated by the inconsistencies at BB right now. I have no clue what deals I'm getting compared to others, and it seems like a crapshoot. I put no money down, and will receive a $50 GC with purchase. But I assume that won't come until AFTER I buy it, to ensure that I can't use it on that purchase.

Also, how will the trading-in of the EVO 4G go? Can I trade it in BEFORE I make my purchase of the LTE one, enabling me to use THAT $50 GC I'll get towards the purchase of the new phone? Plus I get $50 off for doing a trade-in? Is this correct?

shadowhawk2020

Mar 6, 2008
I just got off the phone with best buy mobile, they told me it was get a $50 credit for trading in the phone an a $50 gc for pre ordering. Nothing abort the 3rd $50. Now, I have a crappy EVO that I would be willing to trade in, but those out there who have a nicer one could probably do better selling it elsewherre.

P. Dexter85

Feb 23, 2011
Oakland Park
It doesn't make sense cause I made a post with Android Central forums earlier to clarify but I'm confused again. This deal was generally for trade-in OG EVOs but how can we get excited if everyone who's trading another device is getting a better deal.

Its $50 for trading in the OG EVO 4G, and another $50 for instant savings from new line service with Sprint. Although we do get another $50 gift card for the fact of bringing in the EVO. But after researching the deal, I noticed others trading in devices like the EVO 3D and the Galaxy S II getting an exact or better deal. EVO 3Ds get $110 just for trade in.

So think about it. EVO 4G = $50 instant, $30-$50 depending on condition, and $50 gift card that you may or may not use with transaction. So now your total savings is anywhere between $80-$150 only if they allow you to use the gift card.

Now the deal for the 3D: $110 just for trade in. So now your paying $90. Now don't forget you get the $50 instantly, so your now at $40 for the EVO 4G LTE.

But remember, the EVO 4G deal only gets low if they allow you to stack up the gift cards. Including this Freedom promo that some customers signed up for back in February. Who's really getting the better deal?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sephirothvfc

Oct 4, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
It doesn't make sense cause I made a post with Android Central forums earlier to clarify but I'm confused again. This deal was generally for trade-in OG EVOs but how can we get excited if everyone who's trading another device is getting a better deal.

Its $50 for trading in the OG EVO 4G, and another $50 for instant savings from new line service with Sprint. Although we do get another $50 gift card for the fact of bringing in the EVO. But after researching the deal, I noticed others trading in devices like the EVO 3D and the Galaxy S II getting an exact or better deal. EVO 3Ds get $110 just for trade in.

So think about it. EVO 4G = $50 instant, $30-$50 depending on condition, and $50 gift card that you may or may not use with transaction. So now your total savings is anywhere between $80-$150 only if they allow you to use the gift card.

Now the deal for the 3D: $110 just for trade in. So now your paying $90. Now don't forget you get the $50 instantly, so your now at $40 for the EVO 4G LTE.

But remember, the EVO 4G deal only gets low if they allow you to stack up the gift cards. Including this Freedom promo that some customers signed up for back in February. Who's really getting the better deal?

I work at a BB mobile and i was even confused at first with all these promotions we do have at the moment but i asked and they got answered from a best buy big guy.

Yes when you pre order the phone u do not have to put any money down and when u come pick up the phone for activation we will print out a Gift card same time we print out your contract. So yes u can use it at the time of purchase.

Evo trade in right now is $50 trade in towards the evo and it does not matter on condition. It can have a smashed screen, water dmg, etc and we will still give u $50 trade in for it.

For tradining in your evo you also get a $50 off any sprint phone with activation, dont matter if its new act or upgrade.

Phone freedom was a promotion they had a while back and u had to do it through bestbuy.com for you to get a $50 gift card when do ur next upgrade.

Yes the evo 3d trade in is $110 but that has to be in Good condition and it depends on the best buy you take it but my manager does not put phones in Good condition at all unless u sent it out for service and as soon as u get it back u trade it in.

So OG evo is still a great deal if u want to trade it in because condition dont matter.

If you qualify for all then thats a free phone for u. just pay taxes which will come out to like 10-15 bucks.

Edit: sorry wrote this while waiting for D3 so didnt spell check lol

Last edited:
Reactions: scottspa74

P. Dexter85

Feb 23, 2011
Oakland Park
See because the BB Mobile Rep advised that he can only give me $30 for my OG EVO. I explained that the white EVO 4G were made different instead of the matte casing and since this was a gloss case, it chips. What do you expect, I had the phone for a over a year with no screen damage.

Now if you read carefully, in the ad it reads for customers to trade in there gently used OG EVO 4G but as you notice, chips on the back are fine. And then to prevent me from using my free $50 gift card for the trade in, he stated that I couldn't use it for the transaction but I can use it the store for the accessories. I just the store is acting up or the Rep wants me to spend as much as possible for the phone (like he's getting commission or something).

shadowhawk2020

Mar 6, 2008
See because the BB Mobile Rep advised that he can only give me $30 for my OG EVO. I explained that the white EVO 4G were made different instead of the matte casing and since this was a gloss case, it chips. What do you expect, I had the phone for a over a year with no screen damage.

Now if you read carefully, in the ad it reads for customers to trade in there gently used OG EVO 4G but as you notice, chips on the back are fine. And then to prevent me from using my free $50 gift card for the trade in, he stated that I couldn't use it for the transaction but I can use it the store for the accessories. I just the store is acting up or the Rep wants me to spend as much as possible for the phone (like he's getting commission or something).

They don't get commision but the bosses are trying to sell overpriced accessories, so they want you to use your GC on it.

Reactions: debarron

P. Dexter85

Feb 23, 2011
Oakland Park
Ok they want me to use it, but I don't have to use it on accessories. Now reviewing the Freedom promo, the caption reads that you cannot combine with other promotions. But some stores are stacking with overrides to the system.

All I want is to save as much as possible. I want to pay as close to nothing but if I pay $50+taxes, its fine. I read some guy from another forum page that he will be getting $280 for his trade in and another $100 in gift cards. How is that possible, I got no clue. Any thoughts?

Sephirothvfc

Oct 4, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Ok they want me to use it, but I don't have to use it on accessories. Now reviewing the Freedom promo, the caption reads that you cannot combine with other promotions. But some stores are stacking with overrides to the system.

All I want is to save as much as possible. I want to pay as close to nothing but if I pay $50+taxes, its fine. I read some guy from another forum page that he will be getting $280 for his trade in and another $100 in gift cards. How is that possible, I got no clue. Any thoughts?

Yes I asked this same question and I was told that it was OK to combine the offers. But I will try to see if I can get someone else to confirm this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

skeptikal

Nov 28, 2008
BB made me purchase a $50 gift card to reserve my phone week or two ago. So when I go in to pick up my phone I should mention the free $50 gift card, the $50 for activating a phone with sprint and a $50 trade-in on my OG Evo? That means if i use the $50 gift card that they made me purchase i should be able to just pay taxes and leave right? This is confusing to say the least.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bestbuy sucks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Please check your PMs.
    bbm_evo4glte.jpg
    Ugh, tapatalk crashed as I was responding to 2 posts. Anyway, whoever said about BBY having them or almost having them, its hard to say. There have been numerous phone launches in the past where BBY doesn't get the phones right away, like the GNex on Sprint, because Sprint wanted to do their launch first and then send the phones to BBY even though we did preorders for them.

If you call up to your stores, talk to the person that answers the phone, not the mobile people. The people that answer the phone are likely very detatched from what is going on and they're not gonna try to give you a hard time when you're asking about inventory levels. There are 3 different inventory levels we care about right now - on order, in transit, and inbound allocated. On order is how many we have requested. In transit is the quantity we will get within a few trucks (could be the truck after the next truck or it might be more than that). Inbound allocated is the inventory when the truck comes in. This quantity should only appear when the truck is on its way to the store. So if you call your local BBYs, ask if they have any in stock or if they show any in transit or inbound allocated.

Whoever said something about signage and delaying the launch because it can take a day or two to do that is wrong. Signage takes a few minutes for what they need to do with this launch. No additional employee trainings are needed for this launch.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    that regular price seems a bit steep. hopefully i can get the discount :)
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.
    This link will let you check your local BestBuy inventory.
    Not sure how often they update the online inventory though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode