ZL screen brighter than Z

Search This thread

Spectre51

I got to have some hands on time with a ZL and Z today. The ZL had a noticeably brighter screen. ZL felt so nice in ny hand. I am really torn between the two devices. They both are amazing.

Also saw that the IR remote is just below the power button so you have to hold the phone in landscape when using the IR remote.

The ZL was just about the same size as my TL.

Sent from my C6602

Al Gore

Jan 31, 2013
Moscow
Brighter on 100% or what? Generally better colors?

Just being brighter isn't really an advantage is it? I use my iPod at 20-30% brightness setting.

D

Deleted member 3151966

Finally some love for the ZL. So the blacks look a bit better in the Z, what about the colors? How long did you play with the device?

busterdev

Jun 8, 2011
Most important question I have is: can you easily drop down the notification center with your thumb while keeping your pinky finger on the bottom of the ZL? That for me is the test for one handed operation

ChrisMCP

Nov 16, 2010
I got to have some hands on time with a ZL and Z today. The ZL had a noticeably brighter screen. ZL felt so nice in ny hand. I am really torn between the two devices. They both are amazing.

Also saw that the IR remote is just below the power button so you have to hold the phone in landscape when using the IR remote.

The ZL was just about the same size as my TL.

Sent from my C6602

So I assume the Z you had is not the 6606 model? :confused:

Besides, how is it possible for screens to be any different? Sony said they are exactly the same. Maybe the Z you had was a per-production or earlier sample?

Spectre51

The ZL I had was not final software so things could change with it. Looking at photos on each device closely the Z is much darker than the ZL (talking screen brightness here). I didn't try changing the ZL to match the same level as the Z so I couldn't really compare the colors on each when looking at photos. The Z was noticeably darker on photos.

I didn't mess with the white alliance colors either on the ZL just left them as they were which showed 0 on each slider.

When comparing system menus and icons colors I couldn't really tell much of a difference.

Spectre51

Finally some love for the ZL. So the blacks look a bit better in the Z, what about the colors? How long did you play with the device?

Still have the Z (C6602) ZL only got to mess with for about 45 minutes or so. I really liked the ZL feel. Was about the same size as the TL when I compared them. The back of the ZL (black version) has a nice textured soft rubbery feel to it that looked great. The burst camera on these two devices is super quick and very good quality. I also really liked how the sides/edges of the ZL are also lass like the Z.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hello! Just wanna ask how did you get a hold of a ZL demo unit? Since I haven't heard any news of it for weeks now. I would be happy if sony has already started marketing campaign for ZL as I don't want to wait till April to get it.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
What do you mean by I don't have to wait till april? I have heard news from Xperiablog stating the Xperia ZL's availability(at least on some countries) to be on the month of april. In case I don't really have to then that would be great!

Last edited:

Spectre51

How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?

Okay here are some pics (not a photographer so bear with me) of my TL, ion and the Z so you can see the size comparison. For having as big of a screen as the Z and ZL do they are not bulky phones at all. Love their size. For the pics with the screens on the brightness was set to 100% and disabled any adjustment to lighting condition options.

dsc0005xcv.jpg

dsc0006bb.jpg

dsc0007mx.jpg

dsc0008aw.jpg

Last edited:

robertopod1968

Feb 18, 2012
The contrast on the TL looks much better to me. The blacks are kinda gray on the new ones. Or do they get better without the brightness at full?

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
must be some funky stuffs that sony is doing to balance out their bravia engine or something, have to wait and see if they full screen calibration control actually get released.

Spectre51

The contrast on the TL looks much better to me. The blacks are kinda gray on the new ones. Or do they get better without the brightness at full?

All the Xperia devices I have seen all seem more gray than the ion (pictured in the middle) The ion has had the best screen I have seen. Wish I had the ZL here so I could include that. Soon it will be mine :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?

Okay here are some pics (not a photographer so bear with me) of my TL, ion and the Z so you can see the size comparison. For having as big of a screen as the Z and ZL do they are not bulky phones at all. Love their size. For the pics with the screens on the brightness was set to 100% and disabled any adjustment to lighting condition options.

dsc0005xcv.jpg

dsc0006bb.jpg

dsc0007mx.jpg

dsc0008aw.jpg
    Brighter at 100% and lowest setting. The blacks look a bit better on the Z though.

Sent from my C6602