[Q] Neo V 2.3.4 wifi proxy? help, please!

Search This thread
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

i have a SE Xperia Neo V, official 2.3.4 update, then rooted.
my problem is that i cant find any way to use a proxy for wifi. I tried the market (ProxyDroid), but it does not work with any combination of settings. other devices

please help: is there any way to use a proxy for wifi, or did i buy a (half) useless brick?

other devices have this ability embeded in 2.3.4 version of the OS.

thank you.

taaviu

Jan 11, 2010
Tallinn
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia V
Hello,

my problem is that i cant find any way to use a proxy for wifi. I tried the market (ProxyDroid), but it does not work with any combination of settings. other devices

please help: is there any way to use a proxy for wifi, or did i buy a (half) useless brick?

thank you.

Settings-wifi-menu-advanced settings-proxy???

Sent via MIUI 2.1.13

Jan 15, 2012
i was told that before (even received a screenshot), but there is no such option on my phone. in the "advanced settings" page there is nothing about proxy.

seems i am too new here to post the screenshot of my phone, i will just list the options in the "advanced settings" page:

advanced
- wi-fi sleep policy
- mac address
- ip address
ip setings
- use static ip
- ip address
- gateway
- netmask
- dns 1
- dns 2

the screenshot i received (non-SE phone) has proxy options before "ip settings". i dont have them.

aprilian8

Dec 27, 2011
Bangalore
I have Neo v too. Rooted one n i use proxydroid, its really working fine for me. I m on stock firmware.

Sent from my MT11i using XDA App

Jan 15, 2012
after a few days break, i tried proxydroid one more time last night and it worked straight away.
with this ocasion i discovered some thing dont work very well unless you do stuff in a specific order: before proxydroid i had to use a vpn connection to get me past the proxy. if i turned off the wifi with vpn connected, next time i turned on wifi and connected to vpn, it would not work. i discovered i have to manually turn off the vpn and only after that disconnect the wifi.

vijay_negi

Jan 17, 2012
sorry i didnt understand . Can u plz elaborate more.
to use university internet i jst have to put proxy server address and no authentication needed.
plz explain...

dennisXneo

Mar 9, 2012
so far ok?

Hello,

thank you.

Hii, I using xperia neo too.. i plan to root my phone but worry if there have any problem. Is there have any danger?
what do you fill in VPN setting.

I wan to use my uni.'s wifi connection but it required the proxy.

Thanks for your help.