[Q] RMA because of color streaking (pics inside)

Search This thread

tylerwatt12

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland
www.tylerwatt12.com
Is this normal?
The color is off on my camera, but does anyone have those streaks when showing a pure red screen? I'm about to send it away for an RMA
AqOHh.jpg

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
This is actually normal. Using a software such as Screen Filter and looking at a pure grey image will show the screen pattern pretty clearly. Very noticeable at lower brightness, not much of an issue otherwise.

newuser02

Oct 17, 2010
Concord, CA
Dude, try this. you can see better. There is problem..in fact it is big problem.
AqOHh2.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• AqOHh2.jpg
    AqOHh2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

tylerwatt12

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland
www.tylerwatt12.com
I gotta say yours seems very noticeable. Display about to die maybe? Did you have the brightness on high a lot of the time? Anything in particular?

nothing in particular. I first noticed while using Launcher 7, all the red tiles had a lot of striping. I'm talking about pure red #FF0000. The gray noise has always seemed minimal. I only noticed it while using MIUI or Gingerbread. I just hope they don't replace my screen with the S-LCD. the SAMOLED is still much better than the S-LCD

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
nothing in particular. I first noticed while using Launcher 7, all the red tiles had a lot of striping. I'm talking about pure red #FF0000. The gray noise has always seemed minimal. I only noticed it while using MIUI or Gingerbread. I just hope they don't replace my screen with the S-LCD. the SAMOLED is still much better than the S-LCD

Although I cannot confirm this right away, I highly doubt replacing it for a S-LCD is as easy as plugging it in. Phones have to be cost effective, so the less time spent repairing them, the better. I don't think you'll have anything but a SAMOLED.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

Top Liked Posts