[App][2.2+]Unity Launcher, Ubuntu Phone Launcher for Android, 2.2+ support added

Search This thread

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Liked Ubuntu Phone? Have you seen Ubuntu Phone Edge Launcher?
Now test Ubuntu Apps switch Launcher on your Android phone even before Ubuntu launch ;)
Here it is Unity Launcher. A true MultiTasker's Launcher
Features:
1. Launch Applications from any where.
2. Select apps to pin into launcher.
3. Change launcher bar color.
4. Change Icon Backgrounds.
5. Customize animation and launcher visibility duration.
6. Swipe from left or right edge of Phone.
For now it supports Android 4.0+ but soon support for 2.3 and 2.2 will be added.
Much more features are coming soon.

Free app link Unity Launcher Free Click Here

Screenshot_2013-01-29-19-42-16.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-18-32-41.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-15-41-58.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-15-42-26.png

Last edited:

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Want to post screen shots

I posted URL in IMAGE tag but images did not come here in first post. Any one know how to?

robogoflow

Mar 8, 2012
Re: [App][4.0+]Unity Launcher, Ubuntu Phone Launcher for Android

I haven't tried this yet but it sure beats tsf $17 price tag for a Ubuntu theme.

Also I like the non invasive permissions.
Going to wait and see if someone tried this on 4.2. For 99 cents? That's a deal all day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: shirreer

neuropsychosis

Oct 8, 2011

Not being a douche but this is a paid app right?

I has a sig

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012

I bought it and pretty much love it. My only complaint is that you cannot easily reorder the apps. You are given a list if your apps and you have to check the ones that you want, and they appear in the order that you checked them.

Sent from outside your window...

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012

This is against the rules. No advertising or posting for profit.

In front of a live studio audience

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
What is against forum rules

This is against the rules. No advertising or posting for profit.

In front of a live studio audience

Hello Sir,
Can I know what is against forum rule, I have posted details of my app as others do and I want to build a great application for android platform.
My app is not that perfect and this forum is excellent platform to interact with other developer. Please tell me if anything is against rules so that I can delete that content.

atc3030

Feb 9, 2009

Hello Sir,
Can I know what is against forum rule, I have posted details of my app as others do and I want to build a great application for android platform.
My app is not that perfect and this forum is excellent platform to interact with other developer. Please tell me if anything is against rules so that I can delete that content.

The forum rules explicitly state that a user cannot post an application in this forum, either of their own work, or of someone else's, that requires the end user to pay to use said app without being first offered an unpaid or evaluation/trial version. On my phone so I cannot link to the rules. But that's basically what it says.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nimai3

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012

Hello Sir,

From what I understand, you are only supposed to share free apps. Sharing a paid app is advertising.

Sent from outside your window...

mothy

Oct 3, 2008
Fort Collins
The forum rules explicitly state that a user cannot post an application in this forum, either of their own work, or of someone else's, that requires the end user to pay to use said app without being first offered an unpaid or evaluation/trial version. On my phone so I cannot link to the rules. But that's basically what it says.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

heres the link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1203141

sy224048

Hey Thanks for heads up guys,
As per above link said I will delete Application link from first Post. Sole purpose of posting it to XDA is to get feedback/suggestions from all great devs here. XDA is very good platform for people like us to improve apps.

A suggestion would be creating a free version with some kind of noninvasive ads.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: smartdevs

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012

Make a version that expires after maybe a week or even a few days. Take tasker for example. It offers full functionality but after a set period of time it no longer functions. By creating a free option you will have more people to give suggestions.

Once you have improved your app many people will be more than willing to buy it.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: dEris and smartdevs

Ereckson

Jul 25, 2012
Make a version that expires after maybe a week or even a few days. Take tasker for example. It offers full functionality but after a set period of time it no longer functions. By creating a free option you will have more people to give suggestions.

Once you have improved your app many people will be more than willing to buy it.

An ad based version is more beneficial as you'll earn and the end user will enjoy the features... A limited trial could also be feasible... Good Luck :good:

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
While I appreciate your work, GYF launcher does the same thing much better IMHO. Your app more or less offers the same functionality. It would be cool if you differentiate it by adding tasks, mini-apps etc, i.e. make the sidebar much more than a tray for shortcuts. I know that's a lot to ask/request/suggest but as we have seen, differentiation is the key to success in Android app stakes.

Reactions: smartdevs

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012

An ad based version is more beneficial as you'll earn and the end user will enjoy the features... A limited trial could also be feasible... Good Luck :good:

Ad profit will be very slight and ads are easily removeable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liked Ubuntu Phone? Have you seen Ubuntu Phone Edge Launcher?
    Now test Ubuntu Apps switch Launcher on your Android phone even before Ubuntu launch ;)
    Here it is Unity Launcher. A true MultiTasker's Launcher
    Features:
    1. Launch Applications from any where.
    2. Select apps to pin into launcher.
    3. Change launcher bar color.
    4. Change Icon Backgrounds.
    5. Customize animation and launcher visibility duration.
    6. Swipe from left or right edge of Phone.
    For now it supports Android 4.0+ but soon support for 2.3 and 2.2 will be added.
    Much more features are coming soon.

Free app link Unity Launcher Free Click Here

Screenshot_2013-01-29-19-42-16.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-18-32-41.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-15-41-58.png

Screenshot_2013-01-29-15-42-26.png
    I completely agree with everything you suggested. I even bought the app, it seems really promising

I bought this app and o like it, if you keep developing and adding features this is going to me awesome, my suggestions are:

1) ability to change the order of the icons by long pressing them and moving them up/down

2) better touch responsiveness (misses sometimes)

3) launch other things than just apps, like activities and stuff

Keep developing this app! It does have a lot of future!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Me too Agree with you guys ;)
    When I started working on this I thought all of these things.
    Let me put things together,
    First I wanted Shortcuts and system setting toggles instead of apps in this launcher, then I saw Ubuntu video. So I came up with this.
    Now there are possibility for improvement like below,
    1. Making Name appear in a Popup when User touches and scrolls list up and down, See Ubuntu Launcher Video.
    2. Add shortcut and system setting icons to launcher.
    3. Drag to Sort apps list or sort by name or sort by Most clicked(Last one is done but not added for now).
    4. Apps folder just like Any other 4.0+ launcher have, Click on folder it will come up with apps in it.
    5. Quick Sms and Call overlays.
    6. Add any folder from SD card file system and access it by one click, popup contents of folder.
    7. Last one will be a Search Bar, It will have a search Icon in side bar if you click it it overlays a search bar where apps or anything can be searched. Check out Original Ubuntu launcher and you will get it what I am saying.

These are things I have in mind to work on, so support this app to get it developed more and more. :good:
    Thinkingof making features which are in paid app for now free, I will update fee application with all paid features, new paid will have icon pack and unread count features extra, what you says guys?
    Some fresh Screen Shots

Some new Screen Shots :)

Screenshot_2013-03-12-02-26-18.png

Screenshot_2013-03-10-18-50-01.png

Screenshot_2013-03-10-15-18-31.png

Screenshot_2013-03-12-02-27-21.png
    Free version released

Hey Guys,
    As I said I released Free version for this app.
    Unity Launcher Free Click Here
    Link will be available shortly as it takes time for App to appear on Google Play.