[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Search This thread

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.

Last edited:

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Please mention this in your instructions, it's very, very important for Google Wallet users:

Before wiping your current ROM, you MUST reset your Google Wallet app by going into Settings --> Reset Google Wallet in the Wallet app, or you will permanently lock out your secure element and will never be able to use Google Wallet again - you will have to get a new phone!

This is because your Google Wallet app is married to the secure element with a unique crypto key when you first set up Google Wallet on your phone and if you wipe your phone without first resetting Google Wallet, that key will be lost forever, rendering the secure element useless.

Performing a Google Wallet reset will unmarry the app from the secure element and reset it to its original state so that it can accept a new Google Wallet installation when you wipe your phone and then restore it to stock.

Added here. Thanks for the heads up.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
That truly happens on the Note2? I remember others saying it happens on other phones but I could never brick my secure element as I tried about a hundred times it seemed. Chalked up as one of those rumors.

Sent from my little Note2

It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what phone you use, that's just how Google Wallet and the secure element work together. Google "Secure element has stopped responding" and you'll see how many people have bricked their secure element because they didn't know this.

I remember when google wallet 1st came out it store info to the secure element and MANY Evo LTE users bricked the element when the Evo 1st came out then google pulled the wallet apk for afew weeks and switched where the info is now stored to avoid this issue...ive flashed away plenty on my evo lte and this now without reseting wallet......its an urban myth now. ;)

Edit: Heres thelink its stored on the cloud and not the secure element
http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2012/08/use-any-credit-or-debit-card-with.html
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: BuddaBelly

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010

This only happens in a very specific situation - when you go to a different ROM or do a factory reset without resetting Wallet first, in which case the secure element remains forever married to a Wallet installation that's lost.

If y

Except that's not true because many people have done both of those many times and it still worked fine. I have myself.

And, people have lost their secure element when they did reset wallet, and people have lost it even when they hadn't flashed anything or even so much as rebooted. Just worked one day and not the next.

So we don't know what kills them yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
Rite on! Thanks for this Garwynn! Much appreciated man.

If y
I've never had a single issue on either my gs3 or my gn2 flashing or upgrading firmware and being able to use google wallet. Even with the gn2 and Wallet not being "officially" supported. I have a hard time believing any of this is true...it certainly hasn't been in my case. I'll toss my Nexus 7 in there as well. Flashed plenty roms and upgraded firmware...no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

blackout305

Aug 19, 2010
I just flashed the MA7 FULL STOCK RESTORE one click. The build updated but the kernel and baseband were still LJC. Did I do something wrong?

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Except that's not true because many people have done both of those many times and it still worked fine. I have myself.

And, people have lost their secure element when they did reset wallet, and people have lost it even when they hadn't flashed anything or even so much as rebooted. Just worked one day and not the next.

So we don't know what kills them yet.

Except that read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1721222

I destroyed my secure element on my GN2 just two days ago and NOTHING was able to make Wallet work again. I went from the NoWiz ROM to stock rooted MA7 and wiped the entire phone (including /data and /.android.secure) in the process, installed Wallet, it threw the "secure element has stopped responding" error and NOTHING could make it work again because I didn't back up my previous ROM. I had to get my phone replaced under carrier insurance.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Except that read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1721222

I destroyed my secure element on my GN2 just two days ago and NOTHING was able to make Wallet work again. I went from the NoWiz ROM to stock rooted MA7 and wiped the entire phone (including /data and /.android.secure) in the process, installed Wallet, it threw the "secure element has stopped responding" error and NOTHING could make it work again because I didn't back up my previous ROM. I had to get my phone replaced under carrier insurance.

So what? All that web article does is parrot stuff people have been guessing at here. It's not sourced from Google.

The fact that your SE bricked doesn't prove anything except that sometimes they brick. No one disputes that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
    If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
    PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
    Last 2 OCs up. Glad to have this done...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point. :(

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files. :)
    Separate Kernel tar is corrected.
    I'm rebuilding other TARs and OCs as we speak.
    TARs and respective MD5s are updated.
    OCs working on now. Hope I can get done in time.