WCDMA / HSDPA / 3G not working

Search This thread

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
Dear community,

i'm writing on behalf of a friend who is owner of a rooted HTC One M7.

He has an issue with not being able to get more than an EDGE connection. WCDMA / HSDPA / 3G is not available at any time.
We tried to change radios/basebands, upgraded to latest 4.4 KitKat Viper, but no success.

The issue is not provider/sim card related, it works fine in other smartphones.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• IMG-20140207-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20140207-WA0001.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG-20140207-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20140207-WA0002.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 169

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
Dear community,

i'm writing on behalf of a friend who is owner of a rooted HTC One M7.

He has an issue with not being able to get more than an EDGE connection. WCDMA / HSDPA / 3G is not available at any time.
We tried to change radios/basebands, upgraded to latest 4.4 KitKat Viper, but no success.

The issue is not provider/sim card related, it works fine in other smartphones.

Any ideas ?

is your device M7_UL?
post your "fastboot getvar all" without S/N & IMEI

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Thanks for your help! Here it is:

Tampered
Unlocked
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.22.3263.14
OPENDSP-v26.120.274.0202
eMMC-boot

HAve you checked the preferred network type settings? Dial *#*#4636#*#* then select ''phone info'' and make sure preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''.

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
HAve you checked the preferred network type settings? Dial *#*#4636#*#* then select ''phone info'' and make sure preferred network type is set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto''.

thats not the issue, its in auto mode. Selecting only WCDMA results in no mobile connection + not being able to call out and receive calls. Like the phone is "dead".

Ever heard of problems like this ?

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
If the phone has unpaid bills, declared lost/stolen then the IMEI can be black listed and you won't be able to make/receive call and sms.

Second hand phone?

NO, nothing of all them. Phone was brand new. It is just when phone set to WDCMA mode. No internet connection + in/out calling not available.

When setting to automode, which turns to EDGE on normal GSM mode, everything fine. No issues.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Potentially corrupted IMEI/EFS/NV data information. Something similiar afflicted S3's a lot, but never heard of it happening on HTC One devices. How did it happen? Same also happened on HTC One S, if you ran the WWE RUU on North american RUUs.

Perhaps a side-effect of wrong MID? What is it?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
NO, nothing of all them. Phone was brand new. It is just when phone set to WDCMA mode. No internet connection + in/out calling not available.

When setting to automode, which turns to EDGE on normal GSM mode, everything fine. No issues.

If the phone is still under warranty, you might want to go in store to get a replacement one. Then if you tampered with the phone maybe you should try to go back to 100% stock and see if this issue persist. Don't know more about this sry.

Reactions: Daalgo

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
Potentially corrupted IMEI/EFS/NV data information. Something similiar afflicted S3's a lot, but never heard of it happening on HTC One devices. How did it happen? Same also happened on HTC One S, if you ran the WWE RUU on North american RUUs.

Perhaps a side-effect of wrong MID? What is it?

Its the correct. M7_UL

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
Have you tried to S-off to be able to flash the latest firmware/radio of the 4.19?

Also, might be worthwhile to get another SIM from the carrier, even though the current one works in another device. The One is a picky but sexy lady! ;)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Its the correct. M7_UL

Just a thought, but can you also check your APN settings, and possibly adjust/add one to them. the APNs the carrier send out automatically might now be the correct ones (that's in my case for example), and i've seen other users also have to change APNs manually to get better speeds and/or LTE.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Its the correct. M7_UL

oh and i just noticed the radio you're using is from US Dev Edition, try a WWE one from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419699

the latest seems to be working quite fine.

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
Thank you all for the help. But we still didn't solve the issue.

What we have done now:

- We s-offed the device.
- We changed the CID to HTC___102
- We flashed an EU radio.

- We ran the latest EU ruu 2.18, after it OTA to 2.19.

At no point we had 3G/H network. Is there any possibility that the 3G modem is broken ? I googled quite a few hours but could nowhere find a similar problem like this.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
thats not the issue, its in auto mode. Selecting only WCDMA results in no mobile connection + not being able to call out and receive calls. Like the phone is "dead".

Ever heard of problems like this ?

Thank you all for the help. But we still didn't solve the issue.

What we have done now:

- We s-offed the device.
- We changed the CID to HTC___102
- We flashed an EU radio.

- We ran the latest EU ruu 2.18, after it OTA to 2.19.

At no point we had 3G/H network. Is there any possibility that the 3G modem is broken ? I googled quite a few hours but could nowhere find a similar problem like this.

2.18 then 2.19? shouldn't it be 2.24 for EU.

Still sounds like an APN issue to me.

Daalgo

Sep 6, 2008
Frankfurt
2.18 then 2.19? shouldn't it be 2.24 for EU.

Still sounds like an APN issue to me.

APN settings are correct. No 3G/WCDMA with other sim cards as well. If we put put his daily use sim card in an Iphone it works flawless. (i think i mentioned that already^^)

I mean we can exclude an software problem now after having ran the RUU or ?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
APN settings are correct. No 3G/WCDMA with other sim cards as well. If we put put his daily use sim card in an Iphone it works flawless. (i think i mentioned that already^^)

I mean we can exclude an software problem now after having ran the RUU or ?

Which ruu did you use?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If the phone is still under warranty, you might want to go in store to get a replacement one. Then if you tampered with the phone maybe you should try to go back to 100% stock and see if this issue persist. Don't know more about this sry.
    Have you tried to S-off to be able to flash the latest firmware/radio of the 4.19?

Also, might be worthwhile to get another SIM from the carrier, even though the current one works in another device. The One is a picky but sexy lady! ;)
    Its the correct. M7_UL

Just a thought, but can you also check your APN settings, and possibly adjust/add one to them. the APNs the carrier send out automatically might now be the correct ones (that's in my case for example), and i've seen other users also have to change APNs manually to get better speeds and/or LTE.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Its the correct. M7_UL

oh and i just noticed the radio you're using is from US Dev Edition, try a WWE one from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419699

the latest seems to be working quite fine.