[Q] Gingerbread update is here!

Search This thread

disch79

Jun 20, 2011
Wish I read the entire thread before flashing back to stock...

GG Verizon!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA App

asv4k8

Jul 2, 2010
I have tried on 2 stock roms (rooted) and neither say there is an update available - before going back to stock via the 11 step process, has anyone actually updated their device yet - or am I just not patient enough and the update is actually rolling out slowly and not available manually? Any help is appreciated, since I would hate to blast phones to get the update (i would rather wait on a rooted version, but would love to get a better experience than the current ROM provides!)

Yea i tried at the verizon store last week and tonight, phone is on 2.2 and says no update at this time... wtf android systems and problems are starting to piss me off.... i pay verizon enough that i shouldnt have to deal with this ****...

rmancl

Aug 22, 2007
Miami, FL USA
I find it odd that so many people get upset because an update isn't released for their device. You shouldn't purchase a device based on the possibilities of an update that hasn't been released yet, you should base your purchase on what the device is currently capable of. I am looking forward to the update too, but be patient. Besides my phone runs great using HeXeN and when the update comes out i probably won't change unless their is a significant reason to.

revision78

Aug 20, 2010
If you want the latest and greatest android stock update every time you should really invest in getting Nexus type devices or Google Experience devices. Every other device you are basically getting what the manufacturer is coding for the device and then getting approval from the carrier and back and forth in a big dance. If you chose the Droid 2 Global you knew you were getting Blur or planned on dropping a ROM on it. I learned while my Fascinate was living that there is a lot of back and forth between Verizon and the manufacturers trying to get the customized systems done just the way they both want.

Cunorix

Jul 19, 2011
Something to make the wait a bit more easy... Netflix app is released today for the Droid 2 Global... Go get it today.

Grabbed that 5 days ago, I've obsessively been watching it during work. It's surreal. I really thought this day would never happen. Lol.

(Only 2 days after I got it on my Nook Color too, oh well. ;))

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Blame VZW for the delays. Moto has submitted at least four GB builds that have been rejected for various reasons. Expect to see it in September after Bionic has released, probably not before.

mactherapy

Mar 12, 2005
Perth.au
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Over on the Motorola boards Gasai Yuno said there is a leaked D2G gingerbread image floating about on the net.... Has anyone seen it yet? I would imagine it will pretty quickly get rooted and be used to get CM7 working perfectly in the D2G...

Part of me thinks it is crazy that I spend so much time wishing I had Gingerbread on my D2G, especially when Fission has been fast and stable and I am happy running it. Unfortunately that part of me is not winning ;-)

Top Liked Posts