[ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1: Eugene's Alpha 6 [Data Fixed] [11/22/2011]

Search This thread

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just flashed alpha 6 from cm7 7.0.1 stock, with the stock kernel as well, and I got the rom to boot but the touch screen just wouldn't respond at all. The volume worked, but it was reversed as well. Just thought I'd relay my experience.

Mind posting the Vending.apk from that? It'll take me a while to download the whole ROM as I have slow internet. I want to test something.

neobuddy89

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Mar 13, 2011
Mumbai
Cannot listen to calls.... can anyone else listen calls ?? I mean that speaker don't work.

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
Eugene:

Here is the most recent image ALPHA 6:

We moved to google code:

http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-s...downloads/list

okay thank you.. I'll mess around with it today, but the wife took her phone anyways as I think she forgot about leaving it... So in the mean time I'll get the kernel source forked on git then add back in the FUGUL Boot splash & push over the changes for the vibrant...

It looks like there using the older gpio sleep table's still in the new kernel..

Regarding Issue:
~Key mapping: Last night worked fine on Wife's Phone
~Sound: Worked perfect on Wife's
~WIFI: Worked Perfect on Wife's
~Calls: Both incoming & Out going seemed to work on Wife's

Last edited:

roffee

Jan 13, 2009
3g
&2g still don't work even with patch. and i can't find this folder etc/init.d
okay thank you.. I'll mess around with it today, but the wife took her phone anyways as I think she forgot about leaving it... So in the mean time I'll get the kernel source forked on git then add back in the FUGUL Boot splash & push over the changes for the vibrant...

It looks like there using the older gpio sleep table's still in the new kernel..

Regarding Issue:

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Hell yeah its good to have home button now and audio;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
Where did that vibrant kernel come from?

I would still recommend to wait for Eugene's ROM to be updated since it is a full ROM you can flash with most of the fixes..

Last edited:

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
I'd rather not try something in which the description reads,

"Please don't use this. Seriously."

EXACTLY!! LoL.. Plus Eugene is packing the fixes into his ROM it looks like.. So with alpha6 you still need to replace a bunch of stuff.. So we will see what happens I'm sure its a matter of a few hours before Eugene posts here again saying check out Alpha6 rom for the vibrant..

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
Eugene is a mad man!

Really tho, thanks Eugene. Even while feeling sick you're hacking away helping the community.

Take it easy bro. Make sure you take care of yourself before Android!

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
I'm running it and its working really good also got hsdpa now too and iced of course I'll be flashing Eugene's as soon as it drops but its working really good in the mean time

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver
Yep flashed it as well with the VibrantAlpha6.zip kernel that was posted. Seems to be working had to flash twice to get it to stick. Wifi doesn't work for some reason.. Worked in Eugene's kernel.

How did you get your HSDPA working because mine shows the H/3G but it never actually loads a page.. I put the correct APN settings..

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
I'm using wifi too and for hsdpa I added in apn then did the script posted in the thread and its working really good I did have trouble flashing the from at first so I went into mounts and storage and wiped everything and smooth sailing from there wifi auto connects aswell

jpeckover

Dec 19, 2010
Vancouver

Regarding Issue:

Yeah I had keymapping issue too it was just volume keys and back/home buttons reversed, I updated the aries-keymap.kl file and pushed it to /system/usr/keylayout/ seemed to fix the issue no big deal..

Thanks again for your hard work man..

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I'm using wifi too and for hsdpa I added in apn then did the script posted in the thread and its working really good I did have trouble flashing the from at first so I went into mounts and storage and wiped everything and smooth sailing from there wifi auto connects aswell

Weird my wifi just says turning on wifi and then never does.. then switch goes back to off.. So I dunno I used FuguMOD vibrant kernel..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ice-cream-sandwich.jpg

Please note:
    This ROM is far from being functional, it's still in development, I'll update this thread with news as soon as I see it. For now, it's a good ROM to mess around with and see what you can expect in further builds.

Screenshots: (jpeckover)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19581231&postcount=294

Video: (toryheal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgZZijPG2Q

Download (Eugene's Alpha 6 11/22/2011): http://www.droid-tech.net/t89/#post168

~ Key Mapping Fixed
    ~ DRM issue fixed ( Market would hang trying to Download an App )
    ~ Data Working with Network Changes, No need to run other Fixes
    ~ APN fixed
    ~ Galaxy Nexus Boot animation
    ~ init.d supported
    ~ My Version of Deep Idle built into the kernel

Please consider donating to Eugene for his work or any other i9000 dev that's worked on this.

Optional Modems: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1110500

Note: You can only mount in recovery for now.

What works:
    - Hardware Acceleration
    - Audio
    - Calls, SMS, 3G (With a ugly patch but it works, read below.)
    - Touch
    - Wifi (Might be broken on this.)
    - SDCards (internal and external)
    - Market
    - Contacts sync
    - Calendar sync

What does not work:
    - Bluetooth
    - GPS
    - Camera
    - Video Recorder
    - More stuff?

How to install:
    1. Make sure you're on CM7 or MIUI.
    2. Make a Nandroid backup.
    3. Format data/factory reset.
    4. Wipe Cache.
    5. Flash the ROM.
    6. It'll reboot you into recovery again and continue flashing your ROM. (It's replacing your CWM with a MTD one.)
    7. Once it's done, you'll most likely get stuck and it won't boot. Pull the battery, boot into recovery and flash it again.
    8. This time, reboot your phone when it's done and it should boot up.
    9. Enjoy.

So we start off, ofcourse we need some files & requirements:
    - The voicesearch fix (http://xdaforums.com/atta...0&d=1321887896 )
    - Calendar fix (http://xdaforums.com/atta...2&d=1321829419 )

Credits:
    - Galnet
    - Lttldvl
    - onecosmic
    - jpeckover
    - Eugene373
    - Many more people that have contributed to this.
    Eugene, just wondering what you are building kernels for exactly, are you using Fugu, aries common, or teamhacksung, as a base for building the kernel?

I was using FuguMOD as a base, but have since patched the Streamline kernel source for ICS..

However, konthewicked has solved my Vibrant issues, so I should be able to get the kernel working correctly soon..

~Eugene
    GPS fires up & register now on the vibrant, still untested but did see the agpsd settings :)

Still working on thing, home button vibrator is fixed & working as well.

This is from my Device tree / Source, so the Next build will not be from the i9000 port.
    ~Eugene
    Compiling the last build for the night & posting at some point, currently everything is working 100% that I can find & no lag, so I should have something posted by tonight or in the morning...

until then,
    ~Eugene
    Here it is Guys...

Sorry about the wait & falling asleep on you!

Link: http://www.droid-tech.net/t89/#post168

Please Don't link the Multiupload in the first OP! There's a Reason why I posted it on Droid-Tech.net

READ THE HOW-TO!!!