[kernel][TW][ML1 v4.0, 1/11/14] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel by Imoseyon

Search This thread

sipock97

Dec 1, 2012
Just flashed as well. I'll let this thing settle in a bit, but all seems to be running fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cybrnook

Jun 3, 2009
Also have to add this kernel seems great bare bones flash. All lag seems to be a thing of the past. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
So here are my first day results: 17hrs on, 2.5 hrs screen on time, 57% battery left. Plus overall smoothness and performance boost. I think we have a winner here!

I haven't posted the direct link to the kernel because I would like you guys to go to the thread and thank or 'like' Imo. When the full release version is out I will post the link. The link is located on page 215 of his thread on RW.

Last edited:

StormFreak

Feb 21, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
So here are my first day results: 17hrs on, 2.5 hrs screen on time, 57% battery left. Plus overall smoothness and performance boost. I think we have a winner here!

I haven't posted the direct link to the kernel because I would like you guys to go to the thread and thank or 'like' Imo. When the full release version is out I will post the link. The link is located on page 215 of his thread on RW.

Stock battery? What govenor/scheduler are you using?

TokedUp

Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
Yup stock battery. I dont have a kernel tuner app right now so im using LK straight out the box, no changes. Im pretty sure the default gov/sched is OnDemand/Row. My phone loves OnDemand. Remember ur results may vary and this is only a beta version.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Yup stock battery. I dont have a kernel tuner app right now so im using LK straight out the box, no changes. Im pretty sure the default gov/sched is OnDemand/Row. My phone loves OnDemand. Remember ur results may vary and this is only a beta version.

Imo is know for the interactivex governor.. Think that governor should be used for the kernel benefits without which it will be default Samsung kernel..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ColMustard

Jan 28, 2012
North of Boston, MA
Imo is know for the interactivex governor.. Think that governor should be used for the kernel benefits without which it will be default Samsung kernel..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just checked the default after installing and it's set to msm-dcvs with a deadline schedule. After a full charge I might try the interactiveX. So far with 23 hrs into it, it's been running great with no problem to speak of and great battery life on odl&slow 4.3 stock ROM.

Last edited:

TokedUp

Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
I switched to InterX last night to try out and ended up with a random reboot this morning. Can't be sure that was the reason but im back on OnDemand for now.

TokedUp

Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
My phone on lag has improved since installing Lean. It was far worse on the stock kernel. Perfect example of how each phone reacts different to certain kernels

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
I get some lag on power/home presses, but no lag when waking the screen with proximity sensor (via Auto Screen On app) - must be how the button presses are being handled, because it's definitely not "lag" per se.

Aside from that, this kernel is really night and day on old&slow's TW 4.3 ROM. Idle drain seems way better.

Doddzilla

Oct 25, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: posaune76

ColMustard

Jan 28, 2012
North of Boston, MA

syintiphic

Feb 10, 2012
My phone on lag has improved since installing Lean. It was far worse on the stock kernel. Perfect example of how each phone reacts different to certain kernels

Yea same here. My phone was sluggish and lagged a lot with the stock kernel on old&slow's ROM as well. Leankernel has been near perfect for me after about 24 hours of being on the stock 4.3 build. I run the ondemand/row combo. I'm thiniking about trying one of the other governors over the next 24 hours to see how things go. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Imoseyon gave me permission to link his kernel here on XDA. Please thank Imo on here or RootzWiki, and please donate to him if u can.

ICS and JB kernels are available.

v 4.0 is the newest version for TW JB 4.3 ML1 only.

Older versions are available (4.1.2)

Experimental builds are also posted on RW. I personally dont want to link them here since I cannot help if something goes wrong. So keep an eye on the RW thread if you can help in testing.

Link to OP/ICS kernel http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31329-ke...el-minimalistic-kernel-ics-v13-jb-v03-112512/

Link to JB kernel changelog https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-d2vzw/wiki/TW-ChangeLog

Link to source https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-d2vzw

All credit goes to Imoseyon

Please feel free to post results from Roms.
    I hope to have interactiveX running on it before the 1.0 release.

Also, you can find the change logs here: http://revision.io/embeds/leanKernel-galaxys3-tw
    heres a fun story about LK: So I secretly installed LK4.0 on my GF's phone on Sunday morning without her knowing. She liked the new 4.3 rom but didn't like how her battery life had changed for the worse. I figured LK couldn't hurt. So anyway, I waited for a couple days to ask her how her phone has been to see if it got better, she said "My battery life has gotten way better since yesterday (sunday lol), I usually go thru 2 batteries at work (we have extras from broken phones) but today I was on the same battery all day and still have power to spare." HAHA!

THE MAGIC OF LK LIVES ON!!!
    Ran fine when it first booted...benmark scores were very high...running very smooth...

Then after a reboot things got kinda wonky...

Seemed to be running rather hot...and I seemed to lose the ability to control clock speeds with system tuner...

I could sit in the app and watch the max/min speed change without any input from me...and setting it to 1512/384 manually would only last a matter of seconds...

...after the first reboot...i would set clock speeds...do something like run a quadrant test...go look at clock speeds and max would be at 1900 even though i set it at 1512...if i ran antutu at the end of the test it would come back as 1134mhz inn the system info even though I set it to 1512...

Based on my observations...it seems like the moment you put the CPU under any sort of stress...the clock speeds wig out and you lose the ability to control them...

Edit: I can repeat it every time I run a benchmark...quadrant, antutu, smart bench, whatever...the kernel completely loses the ability to control clock speeds..I noticed a similar problem with the Ziggy kernel that synergy uses...

The only non stock kernel that has worked right is 747...and in its ktweaker app there is a setting to "lock" clock speeds so that other apps can't change them...it specifically says "like benchmark apps." It may be something to look into...

Its a shame because on the initial boot up of this kernel my phone had never felt as smooth or performed as well...
    sent from my VZW Galaxy S3 running Synergy Jelly Bean

This is due to thermald and is normal behavior. I include a tweaked thermald in my ICS kernel but I don't really like the way i implemented it. I'm going to think of a different way to handle this for my JB kernel.
    Re: [KERNEL][ICS/JB] Lean Kernel by Imoseyon TW v2.0 (2/17/13)

LK V2.1 (stable and exp) is up and it's based on the latest OTA VRBMB1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app