Deal Alert Moko cases in black 5.99 Amazon

Search This thread

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
For the money it is great. Mine came today. Was a but worried about the mold edges scratching the finish but it seems fine. I like it. Love my tpu case but that one doesn't properly allow pogo charging while this does. I'm not worried about the scratching from the plate as mine is covered by a wet type screen protector. Examined the fit pretty well and would have to say based on my case at least that the tab doesn't come in contact with the protector even.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I just got both of mine. I completely prefer the Slim over the Ultra Slim.. while the ultra slim is nice, its a little thin for my tastes. Its no different then a smart cover FWIW. My issue comes in that the cover has no magnet it attachment when its open. Portrait isn't an issue too much, but in landscape the top folds down.

The Slim is a Hardy case, although I do worry about it scuffing and knicking easily because of the material. Otherwise it is very secure and protected.

Both cases hold the device with a death grip, and I don't worry about the device ever falling out.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

earlyberd

Mar 29, 2010
Metal will scratch Gorilla Glass, I have 2 scratches on my my N10's left bezel from where my watch band nicked it.

Pics or it didn't happen. Not a single scratch test video on the internet has shown metals like steel, tin, aluminum, or iron scratching a Gorilla Glass surface. The Moko cover is most likely using a stainless steel, because of its low cost and good conductivity for the magnets.

To those who didn't learn hardness scale in elementary school: materials with lower hardness than 7, such as steel knife, coins, or car keys, will never be able to scratch Gorilla Glass no matter how POINTY and SHARP it is. You can shatter the glass using a steel knife with enough force, but you cannot scratch it.

Gorilla Glass rates at about a 8-9 on the Mohs scale, depending on the version. If your watch band scratches Gorilla Glass, it's probably because your watch band contains titanium, which rates at about a 9-9.5 on the Mohs scale, depending on the alloy. But it's also a poor conductor, so it's highly unlikely that a hardened titanium alloy would be suitable for a magnetic cover, and, considering the cost of titanium, especially not a cover selling for $5.99.

Sardonik

Jul 23, 2011
I just picked up a Moko Ultra slim to accompany a newly purchased pogo charger. For the most part, I really like my i-blason ultra slim, but it has no pogo cutout, so I'm hoping to replace it.

The Moko is very similar to the i-blason. Same basic claw style retention clips. Slightly inferior cover material. Better stylus holder placement. I'd call it a draw.

My problem is that the friction closure clasp not only rubs the side if the tab upon closure (like the i-blason), but actually strikes the top surface. It will close if I push it, but doing so doesn't feel quite right. Is this normal, or did I get a bum case?

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
I just picked up a Moko Ultra slim to accompany a newly purchased pogo charger. For the most part, I really like my i-blason ultra slim, but it has no pogo cutout, so I'm hoping to replace it.

The Moko is very similar to the i-blason. Same basic claw style retention clips. Slightly inferior cover material. Better stylus holder placement. I'd call it a draw.

My problem is that the friction closure clasp not only rubs the side if the tab upon closure (like the i-blason), but actually strikes the top surface. It will close if I push it, but doing so doesn't feel quite right. Is this normal, or did I get a bum case?

Mine doesn't strike the front. But try stretching it out

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
Pics or it didn't happen. Not a single scratch test video on the internet has shown metals like steel, tin, aluminum, or iron scratching a Gorilla Glass surface. The Moko cover is most likely using a stainless steel, because of its low cost and good conductivity for the magnets.

Gorilla Glass rates at about a 8-9 on the Mohs scale, depending on the version. If your watch band scratches Gorilla Glass, it's probably because your watch band contains titanium, which rates at about a 9-9.5 on the Mohs scale, depending on the alloy. But it's also a poor conductor, so it's highly unlikely that a hardened titanium alloy would be suitable for a magnetic cover, and, considering the cost of titanium, especially not a cover selling for $5.99.

There's are lot of reasons why gorilla glass can get scratches. Silicone is higher in the mohs scale and is common in a lot of things like countertops, sand and dirt. Yeah... Take a knife to your phone... Let's see if it can scratch it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Both the slim-fit multi angle and the ultra slim smart-shell is on sale for 5.99 with free shipping if you have amazon prime or orders over 25. Ordered both with the ravpower wifi-disk...will try my hands on a video review of all three when they come in.

Oh only the color black is on sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    7 threads down is the thread about the case. I'm not going to double up on threads. This is just letting people know that these cases are at an all time low... Not to provide info on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

eh.... you werent going to double up...but u made this double thread anyway....
    great math

but fine dont post pics
    have a great day
    I hate how the metal plate could potentially come into contact with the screen. You grab it wrong and could push the flap sliding it over the screen, the metal plate will scratch the gorilla glass.

Metal will not scratch Gorilla Glass.