[Q] Battery Drain

Search This thread

r7r8

Account currently disabled
May 31, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I have he Nexus 5 since the past 5 months now! I never faced any battery problem. Now since 3-4 days, i have terrible battery drain. I charge my phone to 100% and sleep and in 8-10hrs sleep, the battery is down to 50% . Android OS and Android system are using 30-35% each. I'm on stock and not rooted. What should I do?

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I did! It shows PowerManagerService as the main culprit. wlan_rx_wake and wlan_wd_wake aer also equally responsible. But i dont know what that means. Any suggestions?

It's likely your wifi. Did you recently switch to a different router? Some routers cause excessive wakelocks which in turn cause bad drain. If I leave my wifi on overnight I can sometimes lose 10-15%, if I leave wifi off I generally only lose 1-2% overnight.

r7r8

Account currently disabled
May 31, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
It's likely your wifi. Did you recently switch to a different router? Some routers cause excessive wakelocks which in turn cause bad drain. If I leave my wifi on overnight I can sometimes lose 10-15%, if I leave wifi off I generally only lose 1-2% overnight.

Nope! i have been using the same router. Thinking of buying a new one though as this one is 2-3 yrs old!
Anything else I can do? Apart from changing my router?

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Nope! i have been using the same router. Thinking of buying a new one though as this one is 2-3 yrs old!
Anything else I can do? Apart from changing my router?

Do you know if your wireless network is using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Selecting one or the other and not using Automatic seems to fix speed issues and might also help with wake locks.

Otherwise you can try setting Locations to Device Only instead of Battery Saver and also disable Wifi always scanning if it's on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Find out where you wake locks are. Get something like betterbatterystats.