Search This thread

Smilez

Nov 28, 2007
I've been using the full version of 4.3 ultimate and I must say, it's by far the best port I've used to date. Haven't found any glitches yet. Works super fast and smooth. the only thing i've found is that it seems to auto kill my activesync/push email every now and then. battery life is awesome, I can almost get 2 days out of one charge, which is incredible for me. oh, i just about forgot, the home screen right soft key says Comm Mgr but still just goes to Programs, I just went into M2DC and renamed it to Programs. I tried out the 6.5 beta and I've gotta say, I'm not to impressed with the today screen interface. I hope it's better for the final release. and not being able to rearrange the honeycomb icons in the start menu is really annoying.

just me 2 cents...
Ian

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I've been using the full version of 4.3 ultimate and I must say, it's by far the best port I've used to date. Haven't found any glitches yet. Works super fast and smooth. the only thing i've found is that it seems to auto kill my activesync/push email every now and then. battery life is awesome, I can almost get 2 days out of one charge, which is incredible for me. oh, i just about forgot, the home screen right soft key says Comm Mgr but still just goes to Programs, I just went into M2DC and renamed it to Programs. I tried out the 6.5 beta and I've gotta say, I'm not to impressed with the today screen interface. I hope it's better for the final release. and not being able to rearrange the honeycomb icons in the start menu is really annoying.

just me 2 cents...
Ian

Haha.. you said you didn't find any glitches but then you mentioned the ActiveSync and soft key issues ;)

If you had used M2DC then the right soft key will be automatically messed up by that software. Otherwise it works fine and I never had any problems accessing Comm Manager. This issue has already been mentioned at least 3 times before in this thread. This is not a problem with the ROM but with the 3rd party software.

Regarding ActiveSync, it might be a symptom of the hack I used to suppress ActiveSync restarting every 5 minutes.

kernelbase

Feb 5, 2009
let's move

For first page of wm6.5

please edit to correct information :):):)

if you are not satisfied, then go back to Onyx Ultimate 4.3 (most stable release)

littld

May 18, 2005

Attachments

• keyboards.jpg
    keyboards.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 80

lmarques

Dec 19, 2007
Lisbon
In Call Recorder

Yesterday i tested In Call Recorder, worked like a charm except one small issue. When you are reproducing your call in 'In Call Recorder' and you change the volume (using side buttons) it stops playing..
Anyone with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: ROM is Oxyn 4.3

kpirlo

Nov 8, 2008
Sofia
Hi Dsaxda.
I try 4.3jr I have problem with me bluetooth GPS receiver.When I enter the code
is say "done",but after that is disconnected and when I try to connected again say: "fault to connect i error code"

with 4.2jr I don't have this problem.

Regards and sorry for my bat English

sirkula

Dec 3, 2008
Sarajevo
suddenly I can't sync my Elf and I can't install any app.... I'm using Onyx Jr 4.3...everything worked just fine yesterday...

Attachments

• sync.JPG
    sync.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 23

potoco

Jan 8, 2009
Caracas
Vibration or sound alert when call connected

Mr. 6, excellent ROM´s, :), I am testing Onyx Jr. 4.3 on my ELF right now, all is ok except two things: How do I enable the vibration or sound alert when the phone connects, it is possible in this ROM?, or How do I make more visible the call status in dialer screen? seems to be too dark, in some situations I don´t know when I am connected....

Thanks

sirkula

Dec 3, 2008
Sarajevo
Try unchecking " Enable faster data synchronization" in Start-Settings-connections-USB to PC.

I tried this and it didn't help ... PC recognizes the phone I think because in active sync it shows connected. and I cn browse files but it just don't want to synchronize... and I cannot install any more app. not over PC or phone.in the phone I get message installation of ******.cab was unsuccessful.

Last edited:

honcorrd

May 18, 2007
Jayuya
Mr. 6, excellent ROM´s, :), I am testing Onyx Jr. 4.3 on my ELF right now, all is ok except two things: How do I enable the vibration or sound alert when the phone connects, it is possible in this ROM?, or How do I make more visible the call status in dialer screen? seems to be too dark, in some situations I don´t know when I am connected....

Thanks

check on setting - phone in advance tab, check that Vibrate device when connection is established option is selected

jbmatson

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
LG V40
I am also having problems with ActiveSync on Onyx 4.3.
It connects ok, and starts to sync, but then fails. I can Explore the device ok.

The sync error says "Synchronization could not be completed. If this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships.
Support code:8004005"

I tried deleting the device from Activesync and adding it again, but this didn't help. Hard resetting the Elfin didn't help. Tried scanning my pst file for errors, and tried detect and repair in outlook, and that didn't help either.

I have tried disabling Enable faster data synchronization, but that doesn't make any difference.

Anyone else with this problem?

Last edited:

jbmatson

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
LG V40
It connects ok, and starts to sync, but then fails. I can Explore the device ok.

The sync error says "Synchronization could not be completed. If this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships.

I tried deleting the device from Activesync and adding it again, but this didn't help. Hard resetting the Elfin didn't help. Tried scanning my pst file for errors, and tried detect and repair in outlook, and that didn't help either.

I have tried disabling Enable faster data synchronization, but that doesn't make any difference.

Wait... I think the hard reset fixed it after all. I also rebooted my desktop, and the sync has completed ok. Maybe one of my data files got corrupted on the phone.

sirkula

Dec 3, 2008
Sarajevo

how do I delete sync data files on phone and on PC ....

hoangvy

Oct 3, 2008
Vibrate divece when connection is established! It's too short!

I am using rom Onyx 4.3, it's very good but when connection is established vibration too short. How can I do it longer than! please help me! Thanks so much!

kpirlo

Nov 8, 2008
Sofia
Hi Dsaxda.
I try 4.3jr I have problem with me bluetooth GPS receiver.When I enter the code
is say "done",but after that is disconnected and when I try to connected again say: "fault to connect i error code"

with 4.2jr I don't have this problem.

Regards and sorry for my bat English

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Onyx 6 Release 14 is now out. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ ONYX ~
    Windows Mobile 6.1 & 6.5 ROMs

(For Elf and Elfin - HTC Touch GSM only)

WM 6.5.x version: CE OS 5.2.23152 (Build 23152.5.3.12)
    WM 6.5 version: CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.87)
    WM 6.1 version: CE OS 5.2.21057 (Build 21057.1.6.10)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click on image to zoom

Onyx with Windows Mobile 6.1 (above) ...
    A version of Onyx without the Manila 2D interface is also available!

... and with Windows Mobile 6.5.x and 6.5 (below)

screen01fv.jpg
    firstpage65.jpg

comparisonz.jpg

[PLEASE READ THE ONYX FAQ FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS]
    [SEARCH THIS THREAD] [SEARCH THE FORUMS] [USE GOOGLE]

ONCE AGAIN, THESE ROMS ARE FOR THE HTC TOUCH GSM ONLY - A QVGA DEVICE THAT USES SIM CARDS THAT WAS RELEASED IN 2007 - THESE ROMS WILL NOT WORK WITH A CLONE OR CDMA TOUCH ANY OTHER DEVICE! PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FLASH A ROM - READ THE ONYX FAQ. FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS - READ THE ONYX FAQ. ;)

Download these cool utilities for your Elf - thanks to dioxda2

Click here to vote for Onyx in the Annual XDA Devvy Awards!

DOWNLOAD ROMS

Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs

ONYX 6
    Windows Mobile 6.5.x (new soft key menu; X button on bottom, better battery life than Onyx 5)
    [Go to download]
    [Language Packs - by alexeym]

ONYX 5
    Original version of Windows Mobile 6.5 (less battery life than other versions)
    [Go to download]

Windows Mobile 6.1 ROMs

ONYX 4 ULTIMATE / JR. / MICRO
    Use these ROMs for best performance and battery life
    [Go to download]

Donations are not necessary, but appreciated for my time and effort.
    A small donation can go towards a toy for my daughter :)
    Your name will be acknowledged in the ROM in the next release.

Additional ROM Details:

• ROM version: 3.14.706.02 WWE
    • UC 2.0-compliant ROM
    • ULDR partition removed, allowing 3MB extra storage
    • Rogers Name Display (for those who subscribe to this service)
    • Page Pool of 12MB for Elfins and 4MB for Elfs
    • psShutXP - a rare version with full shutdown capability!
    • EzInput Keyboard by DupinBJK (version RC2) - more support for languages than the one found in shipped ROMs
    • Updated Regional Settings - includes Chinese regions
    • No "butter finger" (unexpected scrolling) issue found in shipped ROM
    • No zero in-call volume issue found in shipped ROM
    • Power Settings will show exact battery % rather than bars
    • Streaming video support
    • Mortscript
    • Internet Sharing
    • ... and more

Removed from ROM:

These can be re-installed separately.
    • HTC Cube
    • Powerpoint
    • Adobe Reader
    • Solitare and Bubble Breaker
    • Windows Live Messenger
    • IA_Zip
    • HTC Home
    • Cyberon Voice Commander
    • JBlend Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Microsoft OneNote
    • SQL CE Mobile
    • Customer Experience Feedback
    • Service Quality Metrics (replaced with no2chem's dummy SQM)
    • IPSec VPN
    • Transcriber
    • Enterprise
    • Windows Update
    • ... and more

This mainly wouldn't have been made possible without the patience of my wife/child as I sat for hours and hours (and days and days!) learning and cooking at a PC! Also, I want to thank the following kind people, in no particular order:

Noonski, bepe, ayyu3m, !Aman!, pof, ababrekar, kokotas, gullum, Ervius, UDK, tupisdin, shafez,
    beta testers, developers, and Elf forum readers!

Surprise ;-) I made just a minor update to Onyx 4 (WM6.1), to update Opera Mini and Google Maps. I have also removed Skyfire from the ROM, due to their recent abandonment of the Windows Mobile platform.

I think there are still people who are using this ROM, so... enjoy.
    Could You please upload the WM 6.5.x version: CE OS 5.2.23152 (Build 23152.5.3.12)
    ROM?

Thank You. :)

I found it from googling

- Onyx Jr. 4.10 https://rapidshare.com/#!download|573p1|167617451|onyx_jr_4.1_4MB_12MB.zip|45605|R~89C2D03734D83AAD5F5CF73CF81E4E40|0|0
    - Onyx 5.7 http://rapidshare.com/files/335650061/onyx_5.7.zip
    dsixda sorry! I do not mean to make a mirror of your rom link
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Part 2 of 2

Other Questions

Q. I have problems connecting to WPA encrypted networks.

A. Try this.

Q. I want to install back the HTC Cube.

A. Cube is from 2007 and obsoleted by Manila2D and Titanium. Please search XDA for it.

Q. An animated battery charging icon appears on the screen whenever I turn off my device while charging.

A. Do not use SPL 3.14! It also drains battery faster.

Q. I can't send MMS or surf the web with my data connection.

A. Run Connection Setup under Settings->Connections.

Q. How do I get my external bluetooth GPS receiver working?

A. Read here.

Q. How to make my headset run another audio player other than Audio Manager?

A. Read

Q. I had software that worked in other ROMs but not in Onyx.

A. You need to upgrade your software because it is not compatible with WM6.1 drivers. Otherwise, I don't know and don't have time to test your software. As a last resort, download Onyx 3.2.1 from the download page, which is a WM6.1 ROM but has WM6.0 drivers.

Q. How do I disable vibration when phone connects?

A. Go to the Advanced tab for the phone options and disable it there.

Q. How do I increase ringer or system volume?

A. Go to the registry, and find the following parameter: HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\AUDIOGAIN\EAC_GAIN_EMBEDDED. Change it to a value between 67 (default) and 77 (maximum recommended) and then reboot. Don't go so high that it blows out your speaker! There are other registry entries under the AUDIOGAIN key which may apply to headset and mic volume. Simply search the forum for their functions.

Q. How do I increase in-call volume?

A. Low in-call volume usually happens because the caller on the other line has a bad connection to your phone. First, make sure you tried to increase the volume during a call by using the side volume button! This can only be changed during a call. Next, go to the registry and try this. Aside from that, I cannot think of any other solution.

Q. Audio Manager shuts down whenever I try to open it.

A. Delete the songs or format the card and copy the songs back.

Q. Audio Manager or other program shuts down instead of minimizing when I close it.

A. Click on the Task Manager on top right, go to its options to change the X button property.

Q. In Onyx Micro, how do I show battery status in title bar instead of the clock?

A. See this post.

Q. I don't see any Bluetooth icons on title bar when I enable Bluetooth.

A. The icons were disabled due to many requests (icons were taking up space and annoying). See here to add them back.

Q. TCPMP does not work in Onyx 4.0 or higher.

A. Try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3263631&postcount=294. Otherwise, read this thread for a semi-working version and some discussion. TCPMP has issues with a lot of 6.1 cooked ROMs that use 6.1 official ROMs as a base.

Q. SRS WOW does not work in Onyx 4.0 or higher.

A. Try this one.

Q. I can't receive files by Bluetooth.

A. Turn Beam on. ;)

Q. How do I change Menu Bar pop-up fonts back to regular size?

A. Go to the registry, and find the following keys:
    \HKLM\ System\ GWE\ Menu\ BarFnt
    \HKLM\ System\ GWE\ Menu\ PopFnt

For regular font, in both keys, change "Ht" to a decimal value of 800 (or hex value 320).
    For large font, use a decimal value of 1050 (or hex value 41A).

Q. My SMS and mail messages suddenly disappeared after I restored them with PPC Pim Backup!

A. Don't restore your SMSes while the Messaging application is open. Ensure it is terminated with the Task Manager.

Q. I want threaded SMS.

A. Run Advanced Configuration tool and change the option under Messaging.
    OR set registry: \HKCU\ Software\ Microsoft\ Inbox\ Settings\ OEM\ SMSInboxThreadingDisabled = 0.

Q. I cannot enable Wi-Fi in Comm Manager while it is connected to USB ActiveSync.

A. Try this link. If it still doesn't work, then also under Settings->Connections->USB to PC change the state of "Enable faster data synchronization". If this is unsuccessful, then just turn on Wi-fi under System->Connections->Wireless LAN.

Q. How do you zoom and rotate pics in HTC Album?

A. Use your fingertip: Stroke a full circle to zoom, and stroke a semi-circle to rotate. Hold down on the picture for a couple of seconds to move the picture around.

Q. I get errors when I try to uninstall/remove a program.

A. Maybe this post will help.

Q. PPC PIM Backup is really, really slow.

A. Make sure you don't restore Sent Mail or Trash Mail from your Text Messages. Also, in my own testing, on MOST ROMs, I have noticed that after restoring my PIMs, usually my device slows down so I have to do a soft reset to fix it.

Q. In Onyx Ultimate, I disabled SIM contacts in Advanced Configuration; however, they still come back after a reset.

A. For versions before 4.1, Follow the tip here. For 4.1 and later, remove the entire registry key for Cyberon under HKCU\Software \HTC \Bootlauncher\Services, and reboot.

Q. How do I get Arabizer to work?

A. See this post.

Q. Why is Wi-fi unable to turn back on after coming out of standby? It was working in version "x" but not in this new version.

A. No, this "issue" also happened in previous versions too. I never saw it happening on mine, and neither have a lot of of other people, so I don't know what the reason could be. Do not install programs that may interfere with its functionality, also do not have Bluetooth enabled.

Q. My program relies on SQL and it doesn't work.

A. Go here

Q. How do I access the registry?

A. Here.

Q. Can you give me some links to more useful add-ons, utilities, CAB files, etc?

A. Here you go: