[Q] GSAM root companion just bricked my M8!

Search This thread

mbcastle

Feb 2, 2013
I installed the GSAM battery monitor root companion. When it asked me to reboot I pressed reboot. Screen then froze and then went black when I hit the power button. Phone is now dead and unresponsive. No lights when plugged into the charger. Sound does play when phone is connected to the computer, and shows in device manager as Android Phone under Other Devices and HTC One_M8 under Portable Devices, which makes me think I can bring it back, but so far no luck. :crying: Phone is rooted and s-off.

mbcastle

Feb 2, 2013
Phone finally restarted after what seemed like an eternity. I was pressing combinations of the power and volume buttons, and I'm not sure if it was something I did or if the phone just finally rebooted on its own. I wasn't completely freaking because the phone was still showing as HTC_One_M8 in device manager, and not QHSUSB_DLOAD or something like that, but in any event that was pretty scary. GSAM root companion tells me it's now property installed. I've seen at least one other post in the reviews for the app of something like this happening to someone else, so I don't think it's just me.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Phone finally restarted after what seemed like an eternity. I was pressing combinations of the power and volume buttons, and I'm not sure if it was something I did or if the phone just finally rebooted on its own. I wasn't completely freaking because the phone was still showing as HTC_One_M8 in device manager, and not QHSUSB_DLOAD or something like that, but in any event that was pretty scary. GSAM root companion tells me it's now property installed. I've seen at least one other post in the reviews for the app of something like this happening to someone else, so I don't think it's just me.

Next time you brick, hold vol up and power for 10 seconds with phone unplugged. Then either power on or hold power and vol down to enter boot loader. This works best when not plugged in.

Reactions: mbcastle

mbcastle

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks. I was trying to remember the key combo for a simulated battery pull, and I guess power+volume up is it. I think that's what I was doing when it finally restarted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Next time you brick, hold vol up and power for 10 seconds with phone unplugged. Then either power on or hold power and vol down to enter boot loader. This works best when not plugged in.