• galaxy ace advance
  • galaxy chat
  • galaxy note 2
  • galaxy s3 lte
  • galaxy note 2 lte
  • galaxy s3 mini
  • samsung galaxy premier
  • samsung galaxy grand

There are more that were released in the US running android and under the galaxy range. Doesnt matter about releasing loads of devices as much, they just need to keep the emphasis on the flagships.

In some respects it does, more devices = more support required, more update roll outs etc...

I agree though, if you buy the 'Top of the range model' you should expect it to be updated in a timely manner.

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
AW: HTC One and Jelly Bean

Well samsung released

• Galaxy s advanced
  • Samsung galaxy pop plus
  • samsung galaxy mini 2
  • samsung galaxy ace 2
  • samsung galaxy beam
  • samsung galaxy pocket
  • galaxy s3 inclduding us variants
  • galaxy ace advance
  • galaxy chat
  • galaxy note 2
  • galaxy s3 lte
  • galaxy note 2 lte
  • galaxy s3 mini
  • samsung galaxy premier
  • samsung galaxy grand

There are more that were released in the US running android and under the galaxy range. Doesnt matter about releasing loads of devices as much, they just need to keep the emphasis on the flagships.

Yeah Samsung released unfinished software updates compared to the htc one x for example.

Samsung is fast on giving updates out but htc is way better on perfectionising the software.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Yeah Samsung released unfinished software updates compared to the htc one x for example.

Samsung is fast on giving updates out but htc is way better on perfectionising the software.

Agreed, I tested the one x jellybean update and we went through many different software numbers.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Agreed, I tested the one x jellybean update and we went through many different software numbers.

itsmarkxd

Dec 22, 2011
Los Anegeles
I wonder what HTC's plans will be for upgrading to 4.2+

Sony said the Xperia Z will be upgrading shortly after release.. I hope HTC keep pace with them and other manufacturers.
android 4.2 brings nothing new. it just brings quick toggles... which is pretty ugly... i say HTC does a better job of doing quick toggles on their notification bars

lock screen widgets... HTC has been doing that far better then ASOP

I wont miss anything that ASOP has that HTC will do way better. and itll look better too

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the point of all of us being on XDA gives us the ability to NOT run stock? As long as we can root/unlock the phone then we have access to all the newest ROM's out there. Never a worry about when the phone will get upgraded.

Right?

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the point of all of us being on XDA gives us the ability to NOT run stock? As long as we can root/unlock the phone then we have access to all the newest ROM's out there. Never a worry about when the phone will get upgraded.

Right?
But everyone is not on XDA. Here, we are discussing about any average user

HyperM3

Jan 2, 2008
Lawrenceville, NJ
But everyone is not on XDA. Here, we are discussing about any average user

And my response to that is, if they are an average user, do they really care about updates like we do? Most people I know that are average users keep their phones for the length of the contract (2 years). They normally dont even know what an update is or that there is one unless they have a friend like me(us). I have a friend with the original thunderbolt on verizon and she just got ICS update. She was happy with that, didnt know any better.

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
And my response to that is, if they are an average user, do they really care about updates like we do? Most people I know that are average users keep their phones for the length of the contract (2 years). They normally dont even know what an update is or that there is one unless they have a friend like me(us). I have a friend with the original thunderbolt on verizon and she just got ICS update. She was happy with that, didnt know any better.
Most care of being on the 'latest version'. I know many people, who are aware of versions of Android, but they find rooting and stuff complex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC's problem for updates I guess stems from the fact they make so damn many!!

If they keep their line up simple for 2013 it will be more manageable, 1-2 low end, 1-2 mid range, 1 flagship. Who needs to release a phone every other month, it's insane lol

For example:

On the UK site HTC have the following

• HTC One
    • HTC One SV
    • HTC One X+
    • HTC Desire X
    • HTC 8X
    • HTC 8S
    • HTC Desire C
    • HTC One X
    • HTC One XL
    • HTC One S