EBay battery for Evita

Search This thread

HollowLeon

Nov 10, 2011
Alright, got the answer. I bought the 2430mAh battery too and guess what, its a FRAUD! I bought the battery from here:

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/271332380879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and when it arrived, I was so happy I decided to put it in and I tried Antutu Battery Test. Got 389 which is far worse than the stock battery. So I decided to check the battery and I'm wondering about the blue sticker. I tried to peel the sticker off and ta-da!!

View attachment 2545449

See that there? They purposely remove the real power of the battery and the HTC brand above it. My guess is its an old battery they just recycled! And we just got fooled by them. The packaging is nice though, but the reality is its all just a fraud. :mad:

Reactions: raisage

anarchyd

Jan 22, 2014
That blows. I bought two of them too. Just didn't dig into it that far. They are very shiny though lol.

Alright, got the answer. I bought the 2430mAh battery too and guess what, its a FRAUD! I bought the battery from here:

and when it arrived, I was so happy I decided to put it in and I tried Antutu Battery Test. Got 389 which is far worse than the stock battery. So I decided to check the battery and I'm wondering about the blue sticker. I tried to peel the sticker off and ta-da!!

View attachment 2545449

See that there? They purposely remove the real power of the battery and the HTC brand above it. My guess is its an old battery they just recycled! And we just got fooled by them. The packaging is nice though, but the reality is its all just a fraud. :mad:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Alright, got the answer. I bought the 2430mAh battery too and guess what, its a FRAUD!

No surprise to me there. You can pretty much bet that any advertisement of "high capacity" battery in the same form factor is going to be a fraud. If HTC could have somehow crammed a higher mAh battery in the same space, they would have given that to you in the first place. Batteries simply don't work that way. To get more capacity, the battery has to be bigger. Maybe they can squeeze a little more mAh out of the same form factor (like 5%). But there is no way a manufacturer can magically give you a battery with 35% more capacity in the same package. A higher capacity battery in a bigger size I can believe (such as other phones with a removable battery cover, where the "higher capacity" battery also comes with a different cover for the phone to accommodate the bigger battery).

An XDA member did some pretty extensive testing a few years back using various Android phones (and some Windows Mobile ones as well). He testing various aftermarket "high capacity" batteries by reputable makers like Mugen versus OEM batteries. Across the board, the "high capacity" batteries tested at much lower mAh than advertised, and often even lower then the "standard" mAh OEM batteries. The original OEM batteries (like the original HTC ones) rated best in nearly all the tests.

So yes, I would agree with the notion to only buy genuine OEM batteries. And there are plenty of counterfeits and outright frauds on eBay (and other places). So buy carefully.

Reactions: raisage

obsidian_eclipse

May 25, 2011
There's a place in China where they recycle old batteries ie they stick new labels on them and sell them as 'high capacity'. Along with phone chargers they are export only as the Chinese themselves aren't dumb enough to use them - in their own words. They are probably older and have less lifespan than the one already in the phone.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really thinking about ordering it. If no one does before I do, I will keep everyone posted :good:
    Has any one tried the 2400+ mAh battery being sold on eBay for our phones? If you want to look it up, it's called Deep Blue High Capacity Replacement battery. Just wondering

Sent from my...wait, what rom am I using again?

havent tried it but would liek to know if anyone has also
    Keep in mind that generic batteries usually don't have the actual amount of power that they are rated at.

( often a generic that's a few hundred mah higher then stock will be about the same life, or less even)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

This is good to know. I'm still thinkinng about taking that plunge

Sent from the One using it's fifth sense
    Has any one tried the 2400+ mAh battery being sold on eBay for our phones? If you want to look it up, it's called Deep Blue High Capacity Replacement battery. Just wondering

Sent from my...wait, what rom am I using again?
    HTC ONE X+ battery for Our ONE XL

our original is 1800mah, the one X plus is 2100, (it's actually 2040)
    so I just installed using instruction from this link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAr4WWbn9Hc
    The AT&T screws is different. there's a top panel that covers the camera and upper compartment.
    I'll let you guys know if I experience better experience.
    I HAD to replace the battery, I can have 50 percent before i sleep and it will die over night. that's horrible (On FACTORY ROM)
    So I'll let you know if it's better on stock, and i'll root it later.
    YOU SHOULD TRY IT :)
    I'm planning to put the One X plus housing on my phone too, I have the white one and it's too slippery, and it's all scratched up.