[Guide]How to downgrade from hboot 1.02.0000 to hboot 1.01.0001!!!

Search This thread

narenbhati

Apr 12, 2011
Jodhpur
error

this is just first step :(:(

c:\adb>adb shell
adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:

????????????????????????????????????????????

Attachments

• sshot.jpg
    sshot.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I have Windows 8 Installed is there any problem then tell me which windows support best i will install that and then i will try...

Hmm :/ people have had issues wih windows 8 and adb before, does windows pick up the phone in device manager correctly? I use win7 like many others do here :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

coolpix_forever

Oct 31, 2013
and odrengi

Hello everyone,

Fisrt at all thanks a lot for your work !

I am here because I follow all steps but at the end when I launch step2.bat at the end I am still in Hboot 1.01.0002 :( I did'nt get any error message so what did I make wrong ?

Thans again !

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hello everyone,

Fisrt at all thanks a lot for your work !

I am here because I follow all steps but at the end when I launch step2.bat at the end I am still in Hboot 1.01.0002 :( I did'nt get any error message so what did I make wrong ?

Thans again !

Hey pal, wrong thread. You want the downgrade from hboot 1.01.0002 this is from hboot 1.02.0000 :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: coolpix_forever

andreavda

Nov 15, 2013
Hey pal, wrong thread. You want the downgrade from hboot 1.01.0002 this is from hboot 1.02.0000 :)

I'm here too since I'd like to downgrade from hboot 1.01.0002 but unfortunately the link isn't valid anymore http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14896452&postcount=1 so a user told us (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45920114&postcount=102) to check this guide since it's same.
Are you saying this guide doesn't work for downgrading the hboot from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 ?

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I'm here too since I'd like to downgrade from hboot 1.01.0002 but unfortunately the link isn't valid anymore http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14896452&postcount=1 so a user told us (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45920114&postcount=102) to check this guide since it's same.
Are you saying this guide doesn't work for downgrading the hboot from 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001 ?

correct, but only because of the method used. your hboot is not htcdev unlock-able, as such the previous downgrade needed a root exploit to function, but this guide uses htcdev unlocked hboot instead of zergrush to gain root and copy the misc partition. you could upgrade your hboot version to the htcdev one, and then this would work :)

kathisingh

Dec 3, 2013
hi

htc wildfire
HBOOT: 1.02.000
UNLOCKED
S-ON
ROOTED

plzz help in installing CWM Recovery on my device......with da simplest of steps......:confused:

nitjas

Dec 15, 2013
That totally worked!

Many thanks heavy_metal_man, it all fell into place after a few hours of struggle, mostly following the steps to the T helped! In between had to switch between charge only and disk drive (not in the steps, but perhaps something natural for the more experienced), but considering the enormity of what you were doing thats ok!!

I have gone from stock ROM:

*** LOCKED (00W) ***
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-0622
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-3.35.20.10
Dec 13 2011, 12:08:54

to unlocked bootloader:
*** UNLOCKED ***
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-0622
RADIO-3.35.20.10
Dec 13 2011, 12:08:54

to downgraded HBOOT:
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.01.0001
MICROP-0622
RADIO-3.35.20.10
Nov 17 2010,12:08:53

to having gained S-OFF
-Revolutionary-
BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.01.1002
MICROP-0622
RADIO-3.35.20.10
Nov 17 2010, 12:08:53

You are awesome!

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Many thanks heavy_metal_man, it all fell into place after a few hours of struggle, mostly following the steps to the T helped! In between had to switch between charge only and disk drive (not in the steps, but perhaps something natural for the more experienced), but considering the enormity of what you were doing thats ok!

You are awesome!

Thank you very much :) what part did you need to need to switch between charge only and disk drive? I can add it to the guide :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hey pal, thanks for your tuto.
Right now, I'm having trouble with the goldcard tool as it doesn't list anything in HTC MMC (but all other filds have been filled automatically
Is there anything not listed that i need to be installed on my computer?

You just need to load the goldcard.IMG and then hit patch mmc pal :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

problem is when hitting patch MMC (after loading goldcard.img), an error pop: "An error occured La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet." (translation may be: "An error occured Object reference not set to an instance of an object.")

Attachments

• gct2.png
    gct2.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 33

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
problem is when hitting patch MMC (after loading goldcard.img), an error pop: "An error occured La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet." (translation may be: "An error occured Object reference not set to an instance of an object.")

are you using a micro sdcard reader or the phone to mount the card? i would avoid using the phone and try formatting the card as well.

ive not ran into this issue before so try searching on google for more info.

OK, I borrowed a card reader, now it works, thanks pal =)

C:\adb>adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
sh-3.2# su
su
sh-3.2# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
sh-3.2# chmod 755 /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
sh-3.2# /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/Nmisc.img
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/Nmisc.img
sh-3.2# exit
exit
exit
sh-3.2# exit
exit
exit

C:\adb>adb reboot bootloader

C:\adb>fastboot oem rebootRUU
... OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 0.010s

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip
sending 'zip' (127911 KB)... OKAY [ 21.150s]
writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this i
mage...
INFOsignature checking...
INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOchecking main version...
INFOstart image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
INFOstart image[hboot] flushing...
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,0
INFO[RUU]WP,hboot,100
INFOstart image[radio] unzipping for pre-update...
INFOstart image[radio] flushing...
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,0
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,7
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,12
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,17
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,26
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,31
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,36
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,41
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,46
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,51
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,58
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,63
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,68
INFO[RUU]WP,radio,100
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 97.910s

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip
sending 'zip' (127911 KB)... OKAY [ 21.320s]
writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this i
mage...
INFOsignature checking...
INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFOchecking model ID...
INFOchecking custom ID...
INFOchecking main version...
INFOstart image[rcdata] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,rcdata,0
INFO[RUU]WP,rcdata,0
INFO[RUU]WP,rcdata,100
INFOstart image[boot] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,boot,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,boot,41
INFO[RUU]UZ,boot,83
INFO[RUU]UZ,boot,100
INFO[RUU]WP,boot,0
INFO[RUU]WP,boot,41
INFO[RUU]WP,boot,82
INFO[RUU]WP,boot,100
INFOstart image[recovery] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,recovery,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,recovery,33
INFO[RUU]UZ,recovery,63
INFO[RUU]UZ,recovery,100
INFO[RUU]WP,recovery,0
INFO[RUU]WP,recovery,33
INFO[RUU]WP,recovery,67
INFO[RUU]WP,recovery,100
INFOstart image[system] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,7
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,15
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,23
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,30
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,38
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,46
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,54
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,61
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,69
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,77
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,84
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,92
INFO[RUU]UZ,system,100
INFO[RUU]WP,system,0
INFO[RUU]WP,system,7
INFO[RUU]WP,system,15
INFO[RUU]WP,system,23
INFO[RUU]WP,system,30
INFO[RUU]WP,system,38
INFO[RUU]WP,system,46
INFO[RUU]WP,system,54
INFO[RUU]WP,system,61
INFO[RUU]WP,system,69
INFO[RUU]WP,system,77
INFO[RUU]WP,system,84
INFO[RUU]WP,system,92
INFO[RUU]WP,system,100
INFOstart image[userdata] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,userdata,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,userdata,100
INFO[RUU]WP,userdata,0
INFO[RUU]WP,userdata,100
INFOstart image[sp1] unzipping & flushing...
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]UZ,sp1,100
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,0
INFO[RUU]WP,sp1,100
OKAY [132.470s]
finished. total time: 153.790s

C:\adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.010s

C:\adb>
♥♥♥

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I have worked out a way for everyone who as been upgraded to the htcdev hboot to be able to downgrade for revolutionary s-off ;)

This seems like a lot of hassle but it doesnt really take that long, an hour max if you follow my instructions to the T :)

But first....
    Code:
     DISCLAIMER
    I or anyone else on this forum is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

I love the cyanogenmod disclaimer :p

anyway, this is what you will need to get the job done.

Requirements
    1. This downgrade package.
    2. HxD hex editor- from here .
    3. A working android phone to help with making the gold card, and/or a known working sd card that is compatible for being a gold card.
    4. A ok/great knowledge of adb/fastboot commands/
    5. A htcdev unlocked bootloader follow my previous guide here.
    6. cwm recovery installed.
    7. superuser installed.
    8. downloaded package moved to c:\ on your hard drive. so it will look like c:\adb\ #all the stuff ect#

ok, so....
    step 1. Connect your buzz up to your pc with usb debugging mode enabled and the device set to charge only.

step 2. open a command prompt and cd to your adb folder using this command
    Code:
    cd c:\adb\

step 3. enter the following commands one at a time. copy paste is recommended.
    Code:
    adb shell

su

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 > /sdcard/misc.img

exit

exit

adb pull /sdcard/misc.img misc.img

step 4. ok this will have pulled your misc.img from the device to your adb folder. so now we need to hex edit it. open HxD or your preferred hex editor and click file/open and travel to your adb folder in c:\adb\ and select misc.img

step 5. this is crucial. we need to edit line 11 to state that our software version is lower that it actually is. i have set this to 1.11.111.1 as a default position. we also need to over-ride the HTCU with just .... so, take a look at the picture
    345lbiw.png

Here i have my original on top and our desired ending on the bottom. In order for us to correctly change only the values we need we must hi-light
    only the values we want to change, one at at time. for example
    1254d9g.jpg

If you look on the left in the hi-lighted area you will see that their is gaps in the red edited area that is still black. that means that point has not been changed. this is what we want. we get this by hi-lighting one number at a time on the right panel thats hi-lighted and replacing it with the vaule we want.

once we have done that we can hi-light the HTCU and replace it also with just
    Code:
    . after this use file/save as and save the file as Nmisc.img. it should ask to save in the directory that your old misc.img was in but just make sure when your saving it that its in c:\adb\ .It must be this or the future commands will not work by copy paste :)

step 6. now we need to make a gold card. if you already have one, you can skip this part. first using your working android phone, download and install Goldcard helper from the android market. Run the app and copy down your sd cards reverse cid.

step 7. now go to this website here and enter in your reverse cid. it will then let you download a goldcard.img.

step 8. now go back to our c:\adb\ folder and run the goldcardtool.exe, this will flash the goldcard to your sd card. Warning! this will format your card!!

step 9. once that is done we are now ready for the final push :)

place your Nmisc.img and flash_image onto your sdcard and boot into your stock rooted rom.

step 10. with usb debugging still on and the phone set to charge only, open a command prompt and cd to c:\adb\ again.

step 11. issue the following commands one at a time. you will know they have been successful as the command prompt will return a $ or a # when ready.
    Code:
    adb shell
    su

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image

chmod 755 /data/flash_image

/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/Nmisc.img

exit

exit

adb reboot bootloader

your phone will now reboot into the bootloader and you will see that you are locked oow again. this is normal as this is the HTCU we deleted :)

step 12. The last stand ;)
    issue the following commands
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip

fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip

fastboot reboot

after the first fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip is issued it will stop, saying the image needs to be flushed again. this is normal and is what we are aiming for ;) just fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip again and we will be good to go!

This process will downgrade you to a WWE rom version of hboot 1.01.0001 and will leave you ready for revolutionary s-off!
    follow this guide for revolutionary

video here :) sorry for the jumpy camera, i couldnt find my camera stand :confused:.......

special thanks to everyone on xda that has done misc downgrading in the past, thanks to everyone involved in the goldcard process, for apps, websites and tools, Cyangenmod for the disclaimer and thanks to xda for hosting one of the greatest forums I've been on :cool:
    Heh. I guess no one really needed to downgrade then.....

Actually, your timing is perfect for me :fingers-crossed: Will try this and report back.
    Hi hi downloaded all the stuff and followed every step...
    My phone Hboot version is 1.02.0000

View attachment 2270987

the above is the error im getting when i copy pasted su
    it gives this error : Su permission denied

what is the problem here ?
    How do i solve this ?
    Help plz

You are not rooted. Do you definitely have supersu or superuser installed and definitely working?

Im following all the steps...
    im stuck here : cw recovery ....
    How do i install it ?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Hi i have loaded CWM based recovery v5.0.2.8
    Next is that i have to load Superuser ..
    How do i do this .. can u plz attach super user file..
    i cant find the files from your download

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2262345 follow this guide :)

im in the final stage of downgrading ... just a little more tips needed..

Now my phone shows this msg
    *** LOCKED (OOW) ***

then ,
    in step 12 : after i entered the first command fastboot flash zip 1.01.zip it showed this error
    FAILED

as u said this is normal....

after i entered the command for the second time.. it showed the same error....
    FAILED

can u plz point out where am i going wrong here...

im attaching a pic reagarding this

The green marked area is what i got it right

the red marked area is where i got the error...

im only following your guide and up untill now its working well for me.. but im just at the last stage now..
    HELP HERE PLZ

Your goldcard has failed. You need to either select mmc1 in goldcard tool if available (the other patching option) or your sd card is just not compatible with being a gold card and you will need to source a new/different one. Make sure to use official SanDisk sd cards as cheap knock offs tend to fail at being goldcards.
    When you make the next gold card don't re-run all the steps. Proceed from fastboot reboot ruu and it should be ok. If you get a software is "older than current" failure next time then repeat the guide from flashing the new edited misc.img good luck :beer: