Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dwaradzyn

May 12, 2008

I have tried both ways you suggested, no luck there. It still outputs the same:

Code:
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' is up to date.
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

dwaradzyn

May 12, 2008
I suggest you build your own toolchain first. You can use this great tool http://kegel.com/crosstool/#download.
It'll download all necessary sources and build it for you. Then see how to configure kernel build environment http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.php.

Thanks mistadman and essorimmer for helping me. It was indeed an issue with toolchain. Instead of building a new toolchain I have obtained one from:
Code:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html

And the result is:
Code:
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready

Now it's time to boot it up on my phone :D

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
Thanks mistadman and essorimmer for helping me. It was indeed an issue with toolchain. Instead of building a new toolchain I have obtained one from:
Code:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html

And the result is:
Code:
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready

Now it's time to boot it up on my phone :D

SHARE WITH US PLZ!

dwaradzyn

May 12, 2008
At present I'm only trying to setup environment to start fiddling. I didn't change any line of code, just fresh build of Android kernel. I did not apply any patches on google's original repository and I don't even know if my zImage is bootable on Kaiser/Polaris... I didn't manage to boot it on my Polaris but it is nothing new since my boot rate is some 1/20. Anyway if you want to check it out it's attached.

Edit: please let me know if I should patch sources from google (with a brief description how to do it).

Attachments

• zImage.zip
    918.5 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
At present I'm only trying to setup environment to start fiddling. I didn't change any line of code, just fresh build of Android kernel. I did not apply any patches on google's original repository and I don't even know if my zImage is bootable on Kaiser/Polaris... I didn't manage to boot it on my Polaris but it is nothing new since my boot rate is some 1/20. Anyway if you want to check it out it's attached.

Edit: please let me know if I should patch sources from google (with a brief description how to do it).

booted on my kaiser... seems like all the letter keys r working properly, and ok button is set as the back to home screen button... nothing else seems to be working and i didnt test the jog wheel yet since it just froze on me... ill be testin it out again in a bit

killaray

Mar 19, 2006
touch screen works pretty good.. still not perfect.. this zimage keeps goin black and freezing after some time

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
We need to fix the latest zImage. (Touch screen working almost 100%, Keybaord works 100%, D-Pad works 75% NEED TO FIX BACK KEY ON THE D-PAD, Fixing Jog Wheel, 100% use)

The 100% use works already, had Android on for 36 minits and it worked an did not freeze.

vj4

Apr 10, 2007
yer boots every time for me ok is back key. nice 1 is it worth making the key in the middle of the directional pad the back button? i couldnt open anything tho i could get in the phone but that was it on first boot second boot everything worked. power button come up with screen off power off etc but none of the do nothing. jog weel is ok soo long as u go slow with it but it go's abit mad when pressing it in. the start bar button seems to work as an options button its cool cant change wall paper tho. no biggy! just trying to change the date and time
u recon i could save it? other wise looking ace guys good job

did any 1 find the chiwowa dog photots in api. views/grid/2.photo grid?

kinda scary i dont like smal dogs lool

Last edited:

ryoojin83

I guess the Power Management capabilities of the device are simply not used properly in Linux yet. Will take a while to get all those drivers done.

Agreed, but my problem isn't in linux. In WM, my battery life is half or less than half ow what it used to be before I loaded the linux kernel a couple times. It sounds stupid I know, but seems like a fried something in there.

vj4

Apr 10, 2007
Agreed, but my problem isn't in linux. In WM, my battery life is half or less than half ow what it used to be before I loaded the linux kernel a couple times. It sounds stupid I know, but seems like a fried something in there.

yer i sed i thought it made mine go mad aswell.

davebm

May 12, 2008
I had the same issue - i had to hard reset. i couldnt receive calls or make calls.. but could send and receive text messages and access the net - the htc phone dialer just wouldnt load, neither would contacts or calendar. wierd. I'm sure somehow haret is maybe responsible for corrupting the data?

assangflexx

Apr 21, 2008
Eindhoven
Mine is still working fine.
Also is Xmoo his phone. we haven't problems with WM...

And i loaded a thousands times. It still looks sexy, LINUX on HTC :D

imfloflo

There are some news on this web site
http://cs-alb-pc3.massey.ac.nz/vogue

Update(23/5/08): You can now make and receive audio calls. The phone should vibrate when a call is received. Press the red button twice to hangup. You can also calibrate the touchscreen by holding the camera button down (so that the keyboard is showing) while tapping the top right and then the bottom left of the screen. Do this while running the pointer location app in dev tools to check that it works. Get the latest zImage and initrd-android files to try it.

edit: on my HTC Touche Cruise the launch block on the boot i see the Tux ,some init line and the green keyboard and that's all. No button are detect, no touch screen too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.