[Q] Why sometimes my battery drains A LOT in stand by?

Search This thread

dankodigo

May 25, 2014
Hi everyone, first sorry if my english is not perfect, i'm from Chile and this is not my native language. My problem is that I have, SOMETIMES a strange battery drain in my Note 3 N9005 with KitKat 4.4.2 when is in Stand By, i mean without any use.

I will put 2 screenshots which can explain this clearly. In these 2 Screenshots the device was charged at 100%, turned on, disconnected and left on Stand By without any use and all turned off.

When Stand By is ok / normal, I get this, which is really nice:

i.imgur.com/vduTKww.png

but when battery decides to drain (i don't know why) i get this:

i.imgur.com/tKDqqRd.png

Does someone knows what is happening?

Why sometimes I get very low battery consumption in stand by and sometimes not?

The only strange thing that I can see is the Mobile Network Signal, why is in different colors?...signal problem could be the problem? but...why? what can I do? I have my Note 3 for just 3 weeks ago...

I already tried doing a factory reset and wipe cache after the kitkat update...even I have all special function (like motion controls) disabled for better battery life.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi everyone, first sorry if my english is not perfect, i'm from Chile and this is not my native language. My problem is that I have, SOMETIMES a strange battery drain in my Note 3 N9005 with KitKat 4.4.2 when is in Stand By, i mean without any use.

I will put 2 screenshots which can explain this clearly. In these 2 Screenshots the device was charged at 100%, turned on, disconnected and left on Stand By without any use and all turned off.

When Stand By is ok / normal, I get this, which is really nice:

i.imgur.com/vduTKww.png

but when battery decides to drain (i don't know why) i get this:

i.imgur.com/tKDqqRd.png

Does someone knows what is happening?

Why sometimes I get very low battery consumption in stand by and sometimes not?

The only strange thing that I can see is the Mobile Network Signal, why is in different colors?...signal problem could be the problem? but...why? what can I do? I have my Note 3 for just 3 weeks ago...

I already tried doing a factory reset and wipe cache after the kitkat update...even I have all special function (like motion controls) disabled for better battery life.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

U have a wakelock mate. Must be apps u installed run in background / keep on wake up to send/rcvd data.
If u r rooted u can flash BBS to find out. :)

Ps: yes mobile network affect battery a lot. When u r in 4g, it is the most less consumption. 3g not so bad. But 2g it sucks all the way.
:p

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Sometimes, fully charged phone may have juice left between 95-100%.

When phone is being charged, the phone stops charging when it reaches 100%. It is to avoid overcharging. Charging is paused until battery level decreases to 95%, then charging starts up again. If you happen to unplug the charger during the pause, you get a phone with not exactly 100% battery, but a few percent less.

It is so on all modern smartphones and completely normal. Even if you see 100% when unplugging, the battery level is reset shortly after.

mtxx1

Aug 4, 2012
U have a wakelock mate. Must be apps u installed run in background / keep on wake up to send/rcvd data.
If u r rooted u can flash BBS to find out. :)

Ps: yes mobile network affect battery a lot. When u r in 4g, it is the most less consumption. 3g not so bad. But 2g it sucks all the way.
:p

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

isnt it the other way round? 2g uses least battery, 3g more, and 4g the most?

isnt it the other way round? 2g uses least battery, 3g more, and 4g the most?

Correct. 4G uses a high frequency to allow for the massive data capacity. As a result, it's quite weak. 2G runs on a lower frequency as a much more powerful signal and thus the phone has to work less hard to maintain the signal. It does render data usage nearly impossible as a result.

2G is much more battery efficient. Turning your phone to GSM only can save you over two days of battery.

Although if your signal is rubbish (1 bar) it really doesn't matter as it's all going to drain your battery at insane levels.