[KERNEL][8th-Dec] YA-OK! Yet-another Optimised Kernel (v1.50 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nuja

Jan 19, 2008
Hi,

Im currently using Toyutama 1.0.2 rom on JPM, the thing is that I use the 3 button fix, can someone confirm that this kernel doesnt remove the 3 button fix ?

thx in advance

manageri21

Aug 5, 2010
running quadrant and setcpu in charged and overkill lagfix jfs

conservative, erformance. ondemand, without setcpu
test 1: 2171 2276 2223 2065
test 2: 2169 2255 2177 1929
test 3: 2265 2033 2261 2192
test 4: 2171 2198 2195 2216
test 5: 2203 2225 2268 2249

linpack mflops time: norm res: precision to all 2.220446.....
test 1: 16.571 5.06 5.68
test 2: 16.529 5.07 5.68
test 3: 16.939 4.95 5.68
test 4: 16.939 4.95 5.68
test 5: 17.008 4.93 5.68
without setcpu on linpack test

i hope you need some feedback like this.

elhpianist

Sep 3, 2010
first time flashing to ya-ok from speedmod and noticed lagfix options are kinda different compared to speedmod's. if im nt mistaken these options are from his k9 kernels?

All kernels (except voodoo & trasigs) has implemented stupzy's ULF which was released 2 months ago. Hardcore updated the lagfix schemes from stupzy's ULF, whereas YA-OK still uses the old ULF schemes.

betoNL

He he, I have three different devices with gps -windows mobile phone hp 614c, stand alone gps receiver acer p600, and sgs. I live on the second floor of three store building built around 100 years ago, so, it's pure wood without any metal constructions, anyway, sgs takes second place by gps reception and last place on precision. I don't think there is something unusual in indoor gps reception, it's only slightly differ from outdoor in my case. Who lives in country side will understand me. And that's another reason I don't have data connection - too expensive 2g connection here, no strong enough 3g on my farm yet.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
So you should not be braguing about achieving locks indoors without mentioning that you live in a wooden house in the middle of nowhere etc etc.
But I think that you just went wikipedia on a-gps and the came up with the "wooden house tale" and who cares

And of course that any gps device equipped with a sirfstarIII chipset will perform at least 5 times better than the sgs's broadcom.....but the sgs is doing quite allright

betoNL

you got the concept of A-GPS wrong I'm afraid. I am pretty sure about this, and I have been using A-GPS based smartphone since its inception (when iPAQ 6515 was the first smartphone to have built in GPS)
no time to explain further but I will when I've the time.
well...take your time...you gonna need it to explain OFFLINE A-gps.....
I am new to linux....not to gps......

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
well...take your time...you gonna need it to explain OFFLINE A-gps.....
I am new to linux....not to gps......

most if not all A-GPS implementation in mobile phones make use of pre-determined (through algorithm) orbit path of the satellites (otherwise known as ephemeris data) to triangulate the position. This information takes roughly 30sec per satellite to download if through directly from Satellite, although they can be received concurrently. However, every interruption of signal (block by buildings, tree canopy, etc) result in the whole transfer process repeated again. Today's A-GPS implementation, unlike the earlier days where assistance servers are used to offload the triangulation process, offer the availability of the ephemeris data in advance through internet, eliminating the potential delay in the triangular process. The added advantage is the data has a lifespan of 5-7 days, versus 4 hours if getting it directly from Satellite. The result is fewer 'cold start' situation but as the age of the downloaded ephemeris gets older, the accuracy of the triangulation process gets lower as well.

I am sure you know all these, or maybe have different opinions. But my point is you can still get a location fix with APN or WIFI turned off, because the ephemeris would have downloaded way before.

Otherwie, I agree that getting a fix in a farmland, even indoor, makes alot of difference as compared to getting a fix in a building/apartment.

PS: If we want to discuss this further, maybe a new thread is in order. I digress.

likepeas

Jul 26, 2008
Alright cool, anyway I actually had a bootanimation before flashing the new 1.50update via odin and now the bootanimation is gone.

likepeas

Jul 26, 2008
XWJPA asian version, then on YA-OK 1.49 then to insanity which had bootanimation and now upgrading to 1.50 which losses the bootanimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, this is yet another (shameless) attempt to optimise the kernel for our Galaxy-S (i9000) by taking tweaks implemented by various xda developers. The aim at this moment is to 'integrate' all the desirable tweaks, since I'm still grasping the ins and outs of Linux kernel to experiment some of the possible tweaks myself.

Not sure how far I would bring this thread forward, because I will be working on a project (my day job) very soon again, so I'm going to enjoy/do while I can.

Key Implementation

• based on JPM kernel
    • sztupy's Universal Lag Fix (v0.3)
    • hardcore's Free Memory config (341MB)
    • raspdeep's Overclock (v1.1)
    • hardcore's SpeedMod (Tweaks + Compiler Optimisation) with Jhash update
    • supercurio Voodoo Display tweak (Gamma Correction and Improve Sharpness)
    • neldar's Backlight Notification (BLN, v2.2, enabled via ULF in recovery mode)
    • Budget Fair Queuing (BFQ) I/O Scheduler

I also made some minor modification to other codes to experiment the overclock enhancement. It's in this build but may not have any effect.

Please refer to this link for the latest download

See this video of my Galaxy S running on Ya-OK kernel. Video playback, internet browsing, gaming, UI navigation.

attached is the screenshot of quadrant, on a JPM-based ROM with EXT4 on all partition.

attachment.php

CREDITS

in no order of priority.

1. supercurio
    2. sztupy
    3. raspdeep
    4. hardcore
    5. neldar
    6. and rest of folks in xda-developers who have contributed one way or another
    DOWNLOAD HISTORY

v1.50 (build 38) - 8th December
    • Updated Overclock to 1.12GHz
    • Updated Kernel Scheduler parameter (sched_min_granularity_ns & sched_wakeup_granularity_ns) to give more priority to foreground application, therefore improving the fluidity of the UI experience. From brief research, these are the key parameters used to tune kernel between a server (therefore higher values) and a desktop.
    • CWM version available here

v1.45 (build 35) - 5th December
    • Fixed stability issue in v1.40 by reverting to the voltage profile used in v1.2b.

v1.40 (build 34) - 28th November
    • Added BFQ (Budget Fair Queuing) I/O Scheduler and set BFQ as the default I/O Scheduler. The aim is to boost I/O throughput, reduce the latency. Please refer to this site for more information

v1.31 (build 31) - 24th November
    • Bug fix on /system mount to prevent filesystem corruption in /system
    • Does not include fix, please refer to supercurio's thread on how to correct the corrupted filesystem if you are encountering problem with your device.

v1.3 (build 30) - 20th November
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 75mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800 (same as 1.2b). Again not user configurable for now, though I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.
    • Upgraded Backlight Notification (BLN) to v2.2 (Please test and feedback)
    • Minor optimisation on kernel configuration (PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY, UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY)

v1.2b - 2nd November (2585 downloads)
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 50mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800. Again not user configurable for now, and once raspdeep released his UV code I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.

v1.2a - 31st October (668 downloads)
    • Implemented lower voltage for cpu frequency 100/200/400/800MHz.

Note: Not user configurable

v1.1 - 30th October (1168 downloads)
    • Implemented Voodoo Display Sharpness & Color Gamma

v1.0 - 29th October (759 downloads)
    • Implemented Universal Lagfix, Overclock, Memory optimization, etc
    • Additional minior OC tweaks.
    Cool! But how about the OC? Does it works well too? :) I'm interested in this kernal, cuz of the OC function actually :D

OC works very well. No FC, no freezing what so ever. Can't fault it.
    Sorry, but be quit please.
    As far as I know, K10x kernels work with jpu and non-jpu rom. And they are jpm-sources based...
    With JPU rom,we can use
    - K10J (JPM-based + XXJPU modules)
    - K11-XXJPU (XXJPU stock kbased + some tweak, 2e bootloader, ecc..)

Now, my question was: and what about this kernel?
    The answer "because Samsung has not released sources, yet" I think it isn't correct at all (see above other kernel status). Or not?

you can't undervolt, overclock, optimise core of kernel through compiling, etc w/o the source.

if you like the other kernel that are compatible with JPU, then stick with it.
    I really like your kernel, the performance of the phone is awesome and it has so far been the best kernel I've ever used.
    There's only a slight problem I have (not sure about others)
    My GPS is somewhat useless with this kernel! No sat lock even after about 10mins!
    Takes about 4 or 5 mins to even find 3-4 sats! Use to have ~30sec locks indoors with Hardcore's kernel.
    Don't really know if it's me or others are having the same issue...

Thank you so much for this kernel! :)
    Keep up the good work.

that's not really just the kernel's fault, it's the combination of rom, modem and kernel. i use insanity rom, ya-ok kernel and zsjpe modem and i get lock perfectly with great accuracy down to 3m.

i tried 7 different modems to get the right one for my rom/kernel combo.