[ROM] [4.2.2] [1/7/13] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Google Edition!

Which variant(s) of the G9 do you own?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry

muti642

Aug 4, 2012
Hi, I own one archos gen 9 1Ghz 512MB classic 10 inch, I possess also a HDMI cable from my tv cons is down, I turn on CM10 version, and I'm ready to play testers for this new rom this it can help. little off topic to say before in official firmware I had the ghost bug screen on the back button of the touch screen, which even with the two methods of calibration remained present from 10 cm this bug has gone against it by m often the screen keeps spreading of fonctioner s only solution reboot, of course my tablet is under guarantee but I install the shower so I pensse any official is no longer valid it you have a solution for me until I am happy loose my nerves and eventually crush the tablet on the wall. sorry for my english I'm french fan of xda;)

Quallenauge

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2012
Face Unlock is working, I'll make a new version and upload it sometime today

Really cool! Thanks Quinny for your work!
My goal was to provide mostly working image, that you can use to finish (with working WLAN and internal storage), but I trapped
into so many pitfalls :(
Details: Through the new "mount_all" commando within the new (and for archos A80S adapted) init.rc scripts, I forgot to mount the rawfs partition which contains the calibrated nvs-binary which is needed for the WLAN driver. Currently I wonder why the wl12xx module isn't "insmod"-'ed by the Android framework. Maybe I can get it working at beginning next week.
It's currently silent from me, but I'm working on it =)

Edit: Found out, that the wlan is not crashing - when using the kernel from surdu but it is crashing (or better blocking the start process with the linaro 4.7 gcc and also with the gcc from CM10.1). Maybe surdo has applied some configuration options?! I PM'd him.
Linux version 3.0.21+ (surdu@surdu) (gcc version 4.4.7 (GCC) )
Any ideas here? Serial output doesn't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiMiN8R

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Re: [DEV][4.2] CyanogenMod 10.1

New build on goo:
Version Alpha 2:
Fixes:
Camera (No storage to save to though)
Installing apps to /data
CRT off animation
Video (HQ & LQ)

Should show as an OTA for all current dev channel users

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: ron194

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Now Then Folks!!!

I'll Start with the Good News. I've got storage working and the system is booting using a standard android init which is good for moving forward....

The Bad News : For some reason this has broken Wifi ... I suspect the archos init is probably doing some special work (see below )!

The logcat trace looks like this :
Code:
E/WifiHW  (  805): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
I/wifi_state_changed(  805): DriverLoadedState
E/WifiStateMachine(  805): Failed to setup control channel, restart supplicant
D/CommandListener(  497): Setting iface cfg
D/CommandListener(  497): Trying to bring down wlan0
I/wifi_state_changed(  805): SupplicantStartingState
I/wpa_supplicant( 1828): Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
I/wpa_supplicant( 1828): rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
E/wpa_supplicant( 1828): Could not set interface wlan0 flags (UP): Invalid argument
E/wpa_supplicant( 1828): nl80211: Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP
E/wpa_supplicant( 1828): wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface

Archos Init Special Work:
It does seem like they are doing some wifi setup in their init binary, here's part of the strings extract
Code:
Read ethernet MAC from store Failed.
Wrong Magic : No MAC Store.
Ethernet MAC OK : %02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X
%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X
Wrong Magic : No Ethernet MAC address.
Read Wifi MAC from store Failed.
Wifi MAC OK : %02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X
Wrong Magic : No wifi MAC address.
This is definitely non standard stuff ... The wifi chip wl1271 however is standard and I think we just need to follow the Documentation to set it up properly

Here's a link to the new init files archosg9-cm10-init.tar - 240.00 KB , I thought I'd share them in case anyone fancied having a play. I'm going to have a root around the kernel as it needs recompiling anyway.

couple of notes:
I used Quallenauge Build from this post as the base.... The Current Alpha2 build seems a lot less stable getting lots of FC's!
moved create_sysid createnvs exec commands into services , also moved "mknod omaplfb" into a service. I've commented other exec commands which run archos specific services.

All .rc file must had a uid/gid of root and must be rw-r--r ( 644 )

I had to comment out the chmod 0777 /dev/dce . this is something I've had to do before to get other roms booting with standard android files ...... it's a bit weird that it borks attempting to set the permission on this device node!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: stevemp

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
Test

Made a fresh start with the new files in github yesterday to help test. Tablet wouldn't boot with the new kernel, init, and modules. Archos splash screen didn't even show up so used the ones from cm10 and wifi, hd video work. Seems very smooth to me but test is limited by lack of access to sdcard. Same problem with permissions, can see the internal and external sdcard but not access them.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/emulated/0/', skipping: Permission denied.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/sdcard1/', skipping: Permission denied.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/usbdisk0/', skipping: Permission denied.
@trevd, need your kernel to test new init, doesn't boot with the one I have.
Tired so off to sleep, will try again later.:)

Quallenauge

May 10, 2012
Made a fresh start with the new files in github yesterday to help test. Tablet wouldn't boot with the new kernel, init, and modules. Archos splash screen didn't even show up so used the ones from cm10 and wifi, hd video work. Seems very smooth to me but test is limited by lack of access to sdcard. Same problem with permissions, can see the internal and external sdcard but not access them.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/emulated/0/', skipping: Permission denied.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/sdcard1/', skipping: Permission denied.
MediaScanner( 1131): Error opening directory '/storage/usbdisk0/', skipping: Permission denied.

The kernel must have namespaces support compiled in and sdcard daemon has to be running.
( Gives ps | grep sdcard an result? )

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Hi Steve

I had this booting with a standard 4.0.26 ( 3.0.21+ rd@debian ) kernel, you probably want to delete your storage directory if your using standard init stuff.

My Kernel is here - https://github.com/trevd/android_kernel_ti_archos - The config is an heavy work in progress at the minute!!

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Hi guys!
Can I boot it with use MultiBoot menu v0.3?"

Yes You can... although I don't know if the data is compatible between cm 10 and 10.1 , I wouldn't expect it to play nice with any other rom data so you'd have to data wipe every time you switch. Kinda defeats the object.

You could always loop mount your data partition to an image file I suppose

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Yes You can... although I don't know if the data is compatible between cm 10 and 10.1 , I wouldn't expect it to play nice with any other rom data so you'd have to data wipe every time you switch. Kinda defeats the object.

You could always loop mount your data partition to an image file I suppose
Funny, when I tried with the multiboot and the newer zImage it wouldn't boot. I'll try again and see

Reactions: freezenook

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Funny, when I tried with the multiboot and the newer zImage it wouldn't boot. I'll try again and see

Working Fine for me here.... that's what i'm using to test the kernel builds.

I've got the CM10.1 image and a fall back 12MB image which boots in CWM but it's more for the adb and being able to reflash a kernel without having to boot back into stock or recovery.

freezenook

Oct 15, 2012
Moscow
Working Fine for me here.... that's what i'm using to test the kernel builds.

I've got the CM10.1 image and a fall back 12MB image which boots in CWM but it's more for the adb and being able to reflash a kernel without having to boot back into stock or recovery.

Can you upload your test kernel with CWM rom?

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Can you upload your test kernel with CWM rom?

Here a link.... cwm-multiboot.tar - 16.62 MB
the safe.ext4 contains CWM
the initramfs.cpio.lzo is a multiboot ramdisk
the zImage is my current kernel

You'll probably want to use a different kernel because that one is a test one which has the touchscreen drivers built in and some other delights...
It does include /proc/config.gz if you want to grab the config and build the kernel yourself.

Plenty of guides around xda using that methods

Obviously you're on your own with playing around, Kinda Busy at the moment! :D

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Here a link.... cwm-multiboot.tar - 16.62 MB
the safe.ext4 contains CWM
the initramfs.cpio.lzo is a multiboot ramdisk
the zImage is my current kernel

You'll probably want to use a different kernel because that one is a test one which has the touchscreen drivers built in and some other delights...
It does include /proc/config.gz if you want to grab the config and build the kernel yourself.

Plenty of guides around xda using that methods

Obviously you're on your own with playing around, Kinda Busy at the moment! :D
I flashed this with the ROM's zImage, and it works just fine. The zImage in the tar kills WiFi for me, I assume that's part of your storage fixing antics ;)

trevd

Jul 19, 2011
Hull
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I flashed this with the ROM's zImage, and it works just fine. The zImage in the tar kills WiFi for me, I assume that's part of your storage fixing antics ;)

Ay.... it comes down to this create_nvs stuff which is part of archos' abcbox binary which I assume is a wrapper for this http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/wl12xx/calibrator and as the strings extract from earlier shows , they are at least reading the mac address in the init...

We just have to redo the calibration stuff overselves.. shouldn't be too difficult. I might have a look at the kindle fire stuff because they're on the same hardware and the implementation maybe a little more standard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BUILDS FOR THE SD VERSIONS OF THE G9 ONLY, NOT THE HARD DISK VERSIONS!

Welcome to CyanogenMod 10.1, the first 4.2 ROM with everything (or almost) working!

What works?
    Everything
    What doesn't
    GPS is a bit weird

BIG THANKS TO Quallenauge FOR BUILDING THE FIRST BOOTING CM10.1 FOR THE G9, as well as trevd for this builds!

Features
    Downloads and install methods
    FAQ
    Got a bug? Learn how to report it here
    Kernel Sources

Features
    - Fast
    - Stable
    - Almost everything works
    - Phablet UI (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10)
    - Linaro built
    - OTA updates via Goo.im
    - Google Edition Style

Download and install

Download the latest ROM to the device's internal memory, the external SD, whatever you're doing. You can get it from here:
    Select the latest ROM from this page - Look at the dates!
    You also will need the latest gapps for CM10.1 here:
    Gapps at Goo.im

Coming from non-CM10.1 builds
    You must be rooted and have SDE before this
    THIS WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL SD, AFTER YOU HAVE FLASHED THE ZIPS
    1.) Download this zip: cwm-g9 to your PC
    2.) Extract it
    3.) Turn off your G9
    4.) Power on whilst holding volume down, it will boot Archos recovery mode
    5.) Select (Recovery System) > Developer Options > Flash initramfs and zImage (or similar)
    6.) Plug your device into a PC, and a drive will appear
    7.) Copy the extracted zImage and initramfs from the above zip
    8.) Unmount the drive and press POWER to select OK on the device, it will flash the kernel
    FROM THIS POINT YOUR DEVICE WILL NOT BOOT, BUT IT WILL BOOT INTO CWM
    9.) Press OK to reboot, it will boot into CWM
    10.) Select flash zip from sdcard, and select the ROM you downloaded
    11.) Reboot your device
    12.) When it has booted, copy the Gapps again to the internal memory
    13.) Reboot back into recovery - This will be TWRP now
    14.) Flash the gapps as you did before with the ROM, through Install and navigating the menus
    NOTE: If your SD is your external SD, go back, select Mounts, then tick /data, then go to Install and navigate up and then into /data/media, this will be your internal SD
    15.) Reboot, you are done

Coming from an old CM10.1 build
    THE LATEST BUILD WIPES THE INTERNAL SD!
    1.) Download the update to your device and the Gapps to your PC
    2.) Boot into CWM/TWRP (Depends on version)
    3.) Select Install, and flash the update
    4.) Reboot your device
    5.) When it has booted, copy the Gapps to the internal memory
    6.) Reboot back into recovery - This will be TWRP now
    NOTE: If your SD is your external SD, go back, select Mounts, then tick /data, then go to Install and navigate up and then into /data/media, this will be your internal SD
    7.) Reboot, you have the latest CM10.1
    FAQ & Kernel Source

FAQ

How can I use the 3G (back) USB Port?
    Download a Terminal Emulator
    Open it and gain root by executing su (then enter)
    Type one of the two following commands, followed by pressing enter
    To turn it on:
    Code:
    echo "1" >/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
    To turn it off:
    Code:
    echo "0" >/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state

How can I get the Archos stock apps back?

The video player is on the play store here
    I'm putting together a thread with APKs for the others

How can I calibrate my touch screen?

1.) Power off the device
    2.) Power on whilst holding volume down > it will boot archos recovery
    3.) Select Repair System > Force touchscreen calibration
    4.) Follow instructions

How can I hide the signal icon?

From the Status Bar:
    1.) Open the Settings app
    2.) Tap "System" under customizations
    3.) Tap "Status Bar"
    4.) Select "Signal Status Style"
    5.) Select "Hidden"
    From the Quick settings pulldown:
    1.) Open the Settings app
    2.) Tap "System" under customizations
    3.) Tap "Quick settings panel"
    4.) Tap "Tiles and layout"
    5.) Tap and drag "MOBILE DATA" to the delete icon

How can I report a bug?

The best way to report a bug is with a PC and adb.
    1.) Connect your device to your PC
    2.) Open a terminal/command prompt
    3.) Execute this command:
    adb shell logcat -c
    4.) Execute this command:
    adb shell logcat > /sdcard/log.txt
    4.) On the device do what causes the bug
    5.) When you have done that, press Ctrl + C (Command + C on mac) and it will return to the terminal
    6.) Pull the file using this command:
    adb pull /sdcard/log.txt
    7.) Post the log.txt file attached to a post with the following info:
    Device - 101G9? 80G9?
    RAM
    Processor (Speed and 4430/4460)
    What you did to make it do that

Kernel Source
    https://github.com/Quallenauge/kernel-archos/tree/trevd_expirimental

Use this to clone:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/Quallenauge/kernel-archos.git -b trevd_expirimental
    The config can be pull from /proc/config.gz on the device
    This ROM Looks AMAZING !
    thank you all for your wonderful work,
    any chance for the HDD models in the near future ?
    i defiantly would love my G9 to run this one someday ,
    again ,great work ya' all !
    :good::good:

There's every chance of it working on the HDD Models but like I've mentioned previously it needs some ( well 1 ) HDD owners to be pro-active and provide us with information about the hardware such as the mount points for the hard drivers, which sata controller driver being used and all the other fun stuff :D , Then It needs a willing victim who knows their way around the linux command line and is comfortable with adb to test it out.

On an unrelated note..... first let me apologise because it's slightly cruel to keep teasing people like this but......
    picture.php
    picture.php

This HDMI Fix was brought to you by the following line of code
    Code:
     .supply = "hdmi_vref",

Seems someone had neglected to the tell the 1.8v regulator what they need to regulate. - if anyone fancies building there own version of this kernel, the code can be found here https://github.com/Quallenauge/kernel-archos.git and use the trevd_expirimental branch.
    Hi Folks

I can report Paid apps are working fine now as is external SDCard Storage.

3G Working Fine at my end.... I needed to take the rfkill line out of the the rc file to enable it, Text Messaging work as well

With the archos 3G Stick Directly plugged in it works beautifully, :D :good: May as well give those Huawei sticks a blast, they should just work as well.

Here's a couple of pictures for the family album :D
    picture.php

And The Money Shot - 3G Connection with Rom Details.
    picture.php