Are all rear covers (battery doors) the same. Dog chewed mine!!

Search This thread

JDMpire

Nov 21, 2008
Philly & Bangkok
Since there are multiple carrier versions of the G2, does each one have different antennas in the rear door?

See here is the problem, my friends dog used my G2 as a chew toy (he is a puppy and I left the phone out). Luckily the phone works, no scratches on the screen and the parts inside the phone were all undamaged. The dog did chew the hell out of the battery door, so much to snap it in two!!!

Now I've seen some sold online, will any version work on this phone? I don't care about the door not having the Vz logo on it.

Ive seen doors for the Optimus G2, but that is a different phone, correct?

colts187

Jan 3, 2012
Little Rock
The Verizon model seems to have a different taper to it and just feels different. The at&t model has completely different buttons so idk. The Verizon model has wireless charging. I bet they wouldn't be interchangeable but I'm not 100%.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

JDMpire

Nov 21, 2008
Philly & Bangkok
The Verizon model seems to have a different taper to it and just feels different. The at&t model has completely different buttons so idk. The Verizon model has wireless charging. I bet they wouldn't be interchangeable but I'm not 100%.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Thank you my friend, I totally forgot about the wireless charging part as I've never used it. That also must be the reason that the rear covers for the Vz models are twice as expensive as the other carriers.

Does anyone know what antennas are inside that rear cover? Since I lack that part now, I am unable to get LTE.