[WIP][DEV]Taste of Sense 4.0[PRE-ALPHA]

Search This thread

FractalSphere

Oct 21, 2009
Chicago
www.doublecluepon.com
Wait a minute. So you mean to tell me that having a Sense 3.6 rom, Sense 3.0 roms like nobody's business, CM7, CM9, AOSP ICS, GB MIUI, and ICS MIUI roms aren't enough for you and development is lacking? Seriously?

On a different note, thank you TMartin, I'm gonna be messing around with this over the next few days. :) I appreciate your work, what a find this is.

I was much happier with my OG EVOs development than the EVO 3D. Now, I've seen and used and donated to multiple excellent ROMs, not the least of which is sscrosslers Senseless and CleanROMs, Myns, etc.

Just saying - I shouldn't have upgraded last summer and was ultimately happier with ROMs and usability for the OG EVO over the EVO 3D.

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
There was and is seemingly more development for the og Evo because it was in fact the first really cutting edge Android "Superphone". It was the "must have" phone of the year with a lot of developers flocking to it. Having said that, there are a lot of great devs developing for the 3d as well. Some have moved on and some still drop roms for us to play with. At any rate, had the og been graced with the same processor, ram, and rom size, I for one would have never considered the 3d. I loved the form factor and screen size of the original....IMO, it felt and looked better. As for 3d pics, I would gladly trade that **** for the originals 8mp cam. IMO, 3d is good for nothing more than to kill your eyes. lol

Reactions: JJsax and ooxteme

ooxteme

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
There was and is seemingly more development for the og Evo because it was in fact the first really cutting edge Android "Superphone". It was the "must have" phone of the year with a lot of developers flocking to it. Having said that, there are a lot of great devs developing for the 3d as well. Some have moved on and some still drop roms for us to play with. At any rate, had the og been graced with the same processor, ram, and rom size, I for one would have never considered the 3d. I loved the form factor and screen size of the original....IMO, it felt and looked better. As for 3d pics, I would gladly trade that **** for the originals 8mp cam. IMO, 3d is good for nothing more than to kill your eyes. lol

You just stole the words outa amy mouth!!!!!!!

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
So out of curiousity tmartin you mention that landscape Rosie hadn't been resized yet but portrait Rosie has. Does that mean we have a new m10 editor? Can it he themed? And does it work with 3.5? I was kinda thinking or chefin up a themed rom just trying to decide on a base. Obviously not with a 4.0 rom yet lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
So out of curiousity tmartin you mention that landscape Rosie hadn't been resized yet but portrait Rosie has. Does that mean we have a new m10 editor? Can it he themed? And does it work with 3.5? I was kinda thinking or chefin up a themed rom just trying to decide on a base. Obviously not with a 4.0 rom yet lol

There hasn't been a public release yet.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk!

Reactions: bmtdan

cmyasika1

Aug 17, 2010
Perris, CA
Hey tmartin I got the call and mms working. also I got the edvo icon in the status bar it uploads but no download and gps can't test the gps due to no data.

How did you get calls and sms working?

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

There hasn't been a public release yet.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk!

Hey T, is there a fix to get calls and sms?

cmyasika1

Aug 17, 2010
Perris, CA

chubbzlou

Jul 24, 2007
NYC
Where will you post it, so that I can watch for it? Nice. Thanks man. I'm gonna try playing with chad.goodman's anthrax kernels to see if anything changes. Wish me luck.

I'll post the link here when it's done. Good luck on the kernel.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Chubbzlou is on the case.

You know it :)

cmyasika1

Aug 17, 2010
Perris, CA
Awesome rom so far. Except for calls and data. But I'm patient.

I have a dumb question. If there is no signal or data, why on the screen shots are the icons visible?

Last edited:

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Awesome rom so far. Except for calls and data. But I'm patient.

I have a dumb question. If there is no signal or data, why on the screen shots are the icons visible?

Well, when I was running Joel's port, the icons were there and showing signal strength, but data wasn't transferring. The upload arrow would flash but the download arrow wouldn't. With the fix posted above you'll probably have signal strength but data won't transfer. I foresee data being fixed soon since it doesn't seem TOO complicated. At least for our great devs. ;P I really have to try to get into the develpment community.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
Well, when I was running Joel's port, the icons were there and showing signal strength, but data wasn't transferring. The upload arrow would flash but the download arrow wouldn't. With the fix posted above you'll probably have signal strength but data won't transfer. I foresee data being fixed soon since it doesn't seem TOO complicated. At least for our great devs. ;P I really have to try to get into the develpment community.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Data is going to be pretty complicated. A helpful tip from erishasnobattery, lots of time staring at logcat logs and hopefully we can get it working.

Reactions: KB112 and avwheeler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Functional One S port to the Evo 3D

Progress Update (Thanks to newtoroot):

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Well.......I'm thinking you all might want a taste of the future!

Endeavor 3D
    Based on Virtuous X-Series

Screenshots from Virtuous X-Series:

GDJid.jpg
    03ccM.png
    6Qvu6.png
    RmkzQ.png
    Nphlq.jpg
    as9qq.png
    N236T.jpg
    UtztS.jpg
    70FC4.png
    XcEei.jpg
    btFSi.png
    5iUTm.png

What to expect:

• It Boots!!!!
    • First boot takes a little while...especially after you first unlock to get to setup
    • Android 4.0.3
    • Sense 4.0
    • Working sound
    • SD Card works
    • USB works for ADB
    • Mount sd to PC isn't working
    • No Data, Voice, Bluetooth or WiFi.......yet
    • It's actually pretty quick
    • Not much more than what's listed above

Who made this possible:

• Flemmard
    • Diamondback2010
    • rmk40
    • chrisch1974
    • m-deejay
    • seo
    • eViL D:
    • cypis
    • cjward23

Download Link:
    Here is the update with working call and sms.

TMartin_Endeavor3D_DevTest-2.zip
    Won't be up tonight I have to work in 4 and a half hours.... Gotta sleep bit ill have a build up tomorrow night for sure... The build I fixed was 1.53 Ville I have a newer one also but ill most likely post 1.53 first... Stay posted tomorrow guys ill have something up, but I'm crashing now life calls in a few hours

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Okay, I just picked up a spare EVO 3D tonight to give to one of you developers. I'm not sure who to give it to, don't want to step on any toes. Tmartin, this is your thread so please advise and I will get this sent out to one of you guys.

Thanks
    Guys I have 2 problems well maybe 3... 1 is I'm very ocd which keeps holding me back on uploading because I see something else I want to fix.... 2 I have work again at 5am and I'm nit quite done with the Rom and I need to crash... 3rd one is I tried ny hardest to finish before bed... Tomorrow I am up all night because I don't have to work so ill defiantly have it up tomorrow... I still need to make threads and all that junk so I'm kinda screwed right now...

I am really sorry for the delay but ask anyone who uses ny work they say its worth the wait, so give f5 a break tonight and I promise tomorrow we will be flashing

When you need a hand, let me know. I'd be interested to see this thing run. Doesn't seem impossible if the desire hd has it going.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Will do man thanks.... I'll have data working completely in no time

I take that back I have it working now ;) ill post screenshots in a min