Android 4.2 Camera

Search This thread

HYE_TECH

Sep 22, 2010
Philadelphia
Its my opinion but I think the sense cam 4.5 blows 4.2 jb out the water. pics are sharper and 16:9 on sense.

I hate sense but love its cam but currently on aokp jbm1 on one xl but can't get photosphere to work to save my life. I was just on nocturnal'd 1.4 where the 4.2 jellybean cam installed with ROM. It would flicker like crazy. Now on aokp it just flickers and will not stitch

Sent using AOKP JBM1 powered Nexus 7

Last edited:
Its my opinion but I think the sense cam 4.5 blows 4.2 jb out the water. pics are sharper and 16:9 on sense.

I hate sense but love its cam but currently on aokp jbm1 on one xl but can't get photosphere to work to save my life. I was just on nocturnal'd 1.4 where the 4.2 jellybean cam installed with ROM. It would flicker like crazy. Now on aokp it just flickers and will not stitch

Sent using AOKP JBM1 powered Nexus 7
Did you happen to root on software 2.20 Hboot 1.14?
I am now on Team Venom Viper rom and I cant get photosphere working.
Sometimes it takes to long to move to the blue dot and it does not move side to side, other times it goes crazy and spins around.
I use Z tester app and i have a working gyro..

NinjaBlob

Oct 28, 2012
Just flashed this, and everything appears to be working great! Haven't had much chance to test photosphere yet, though. Out of curiosity, is photosphere (or the app as a whole) killing anyone else's battery? I was only in it for four or five minutes (most of it spent idling and trying to get the darn thing to align) and during that time my phone got very hot and the battery dropped at least 10%.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Man, this is bothering me. It seems like photosphere randomly works for some people, and not for others. I've tried Sense ICS ROMs, that crashed as soon as I went to photosphere. I've tried CM10, that just moves REAAAALLLLY slow in photosphere, and only up and down like the gyroscope doesn't work. I've tried every different zip for the 4.2 camera I've seen, nothing seems to work. For other people who have had similar issues, is there possibly an underlying hardware issue with the gyroscope on some phones?

Man, this is bothering me. It seems like photosphere randomly works for some people, and not for others. I've tried Sense ICS ROMs, that crashed as soon as I went to photosphere. I've tried CM10, that just moves REAAAALLLLY slow in photosphere, and only up and down like the gyroscope doesn't work. I've tried every different zip for the 4.2 camera I've seen, nothing seems to work. For other people who have had similar issues, is there possibly an underlying hardware issue with the gyroscope on some phones?
I swear it has something to do with the 1.14 Hboot and Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean.
Gyro works on all versions of Android except 4.1 and 4.2 elements.

Reactions: dorkboy69
D

Deleted member 4541696

I have the same problem.

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
I swear it has something to do with the 1.14 Hboot and Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean.
Gyro works on all versions of Android except 4.1 and 4.2 elements.

Not the hboot. I have 1.14 and I don't have that issue. It has to be something else. Just for the hell of it. Relock the phone and run the 2.23 ruu then unlock and flash the recovery then ROM and see. I'm running that firmware in my one xl right now with dirty ROM

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE X

AJerman

Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Not the hboot. I have 1.14 and I don't have that issue. It has to be something else. Just for the hell of it. Relock the phone and run the 2.23 ruu then unlock and flash the recovery then ROM and see. I'm running that firmware in my one xl right now with dirty ROM

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE X

I'll give it a try. I'm gonna mess with it in my spare time today and see if I can figure something out. I put an ICS Sense ROM back on and I DO get movement in a gyroscope test... it seems like the movement is a little.... slow might be a good word? Gyro is something I expect to move very quickly and smoothly. Might just be the test though. Anyone have a preferred gyro test app for while I'm testing? I was referring to Android Sensor Box since it was just the first result. It doesn't give much gyro raw data though.

Also, Xs, can you tell me a definitive 4.2 Camera zip that definitely works in ICS and JB? I've got so many now I don't know which ones are patched with what. Should I use the one you have linked in your Photosphere post over on Nocturnal forums?

I'll give it a try. I'm gonna mess with it in my spare time today and see if I can figure something out. I put an ICS Sense ROM back on and I DO get movement in a gyroscope test... it seems like the movement is a little.... slow might be a good word? Gyro is something I expect to move very quickly and smoothly. Might just be the test though. Anyone have a preferred gyro test app for while I'm testing? I was referring to Android Sensor Box since it was just the first result. It doesn't give much gyro raw data though.

Also, Xs, can you tell me a definitive 4.2 Camera zip that definitely works in ICS and JB? I've got so many now I don't know which ones are patched with what. Should I use the one you have linked in your Photosphere post over on Nocturnal forums?

I use Z device test app. I have the same problems.
Take a look at this thread: gyroscope

AJerman

Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
I use Z device test app. I have the same problems.
Take a look at this thread: gyroscope

Thanks, and I must have missed that thread!

Okay, so I'm on a Sense ICS ROM, and I can verify with that app that my gyroscope is working properly, however when I go into Photosphere, I still have the slow up and down movement only, and no side to side. So there's more of an issue than just the gyroscope it seems.

Oh, and I'm on hboot 1.09 btw.

Last edited:
Somehow the gyroscope is not communicating with that app or jelly bean code.
Flashing a non jelly bean ROM I get a functional gyro but the 4.2 camera cannot communicate with the sensor.
If I flash a jelly bean ROM the gyro does not work system wide.

I tried the 4.2 camera on my inspire 4g running jelly time and it has the same effect has my onex and my inspire does not have a gyro.

So 4.2 camera and jelly bean cannot communicate with the gyro sensor. At least on my 1.14Hboot with software 2.20.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
The thread for the 4.2 gapps stuff says that there may be two different gyroscopes in the One XL. Mine also doesn't work and when I use the Phone Tester app it doesn't find the gyroscope. HTC is REALLY starting to piss me off with this hit or miss sh*t. I love this phone for the most part but quality control issues suck big time and now this. Every customer should "generally" have the same experience. Not "it works for some but not others". Either you manufacture your device with the same working parts from the same company or don't put that part in at all. I didn't pay for this phone to have it made half assed.

AJerman

Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Yeah, I forgot to mention that in this thread. It's in the bug report. There are definitely two different gyroscopes in this phone. It's not really a bad or even uncommon thing. Supply shortages sometimes require them to source parts from multiple places. It just means that when the evita CM device tree was built, it was built based off the other gyroscope and they likely didn't even know there was another. I haven't looked I to it to see of there is source available for the non-working gyro, but it may just need to be added to our code. Worst case, we should be good whenever HTC officially releases JB. I'd like to take a closer look if I can find some time to do so.

xX_Psycho_PR_Xx

Nov 20, 2012
Juncos
need help...

Maybe it's me but when i flash the camera my One X got 2 camera apps... and if i took a picture from this cam my cam stop working and say cant find app... and non of my cam work... anyone know why this happend?

Confirmed that there are two different Gyroscope sensors for the Evtia OneX.
NAME: R3GD20 GYROSCOPE SENSOR
VENDOR: ST
and
NAME: MPL Gyro
VENDOR: Invensense

I am pretty sure there is a missing driver source for the R3GD20 GYROSCOPE.
I am hoping they can source the driver/firmware for the R3GD20 and port over to Android 4.1 and higher.

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012
Lol yes backup is key...or have spare Rom at least saved on sd or pc

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to chongo for finding the cam and making the zip.

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1227

This cam is really bad ass, it really makes me want to stick to aosp now.
    So i flashed it yesterday and everything was ok and fine for the first time ever the photoshpere was working i was so amazed and when i was taking a pic today the camera Force closed on me and re opened it and it was working fine but now i cant view photosphere pictures it has the photosphere option but cant view it but yet i can take PS photos i tried wiping the cache/dalvik

That's a really long sentence.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that in this thread. It's in the bug report. There are definitely two different gyroscopes in this phone. It's not really a bad or even uncommon thing. Supply shortages sometimes require them to source parts from multiple places. It just means that when the evita CM device tree was built, it was built based off the other gyroscope and they likely didn't even know there was another. I haven't looked I to it to see of there is source available for the non-working gyro, but it may just need to be added to our code. Worst case, we should be good whenever HTC officially releases JB. I'd like to take a closer look if I can find some time to do so.

The thread for the 4.2 gapps stuff says that there may be two different gyroscopes in the One XL. Mine also doesn't work and when I use the Phone Tester app it doesn't find the gyroscope. HTC is REALLY starting to piss me off with this hit or miss sh*t. I love this phone for the most part but quality control issues suck big time and now this. Every customer should "generally" have the same experience. Not "it works for some but not others". Either you manufacture your device with the same working parts from the same company or don't put that part in at all. I didn't pay for this phone to have it made half assed.
    I can't get the link to respond from my phone. Can someone throw up a dropbox link or something? Thanks.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

http://db.tt/cwftfa97

out rooted jelly bean HOX