WebTop Screenshots

Search This thread

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

I will start with a couple from my device:

Desk1.png

Desk2.png

Reactions: raybond25

Paschalis

Mar 25, 2009
vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots :D

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
vlc or similar apps work well?

on previous webtop modified versions, in vlc the sound wasnt good..

and what about .mkv movies? can they play?

btw, nice screenshots :D

I haven't tried vlc and I don't have sound working on the Debian side yet. Sound works fine in the native WebTop apps though. I am getting some dbus errors during Gnome startup. It seems to be related to the original 2GB Debian image I used first. I am not using the 4GB image.

I plan to start from scratch but I haven't had the time to do that yet. I am fairly certain that resetting the phone and redoing the hack will get rid of the errors.

Everything seems to work otherwise though. Also, the bluetooth has added functionality when running Debian. I can pair a Microsoft bluetooth mouse that will not pair with the WebTop bluetooth stack.

cmcnabb

May 12, 2011
Blacksburg, VA
This is basically the standard webtop after adding lxterminal and a few other packages via the dpkg command. The screen shot was done with gnome-screenshot which seems to be pre-included in Moto's webtop implementation.

I tried the 'full ubuntu' install, but decided it took just way too much space for what I actually need. So, after wiping the phone and reinstalling sbfs I went about putting on just what I use for work and play.

oapmgRX

naplesbill

Jun 13, 2008
Looks great. Now we just need a larger partition so we can install more stuff! :)

For now, I am still using the Debian hack. It would be better to just crack the motobuntu wide open though.

teeth_03

Dec 8, 2011
I know its not quite as impressive as the modded webtop,but I prefer using the stock webtop because it runs faster than off the SD card,and its easier to hack this one to get some usability from it,than to install a whole new system like GenTop

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,067
Reactions: Vazay

dvijm

Jun 27, 2007
Mumbai
So, I was thinking that we should have a thread for WebTop screenshots. I realize that there is a thread for Atrix screenshots but I think there is room for a separate thread specific to WebTop.

It seems to me that the WebTop is different enough that it warrants this thread. If this is a bad assumption, mods feel free to remove the thread.

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ? :good:

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Wow - good thread to watch out for, BTW which mod is this ? :good:

Bluemotion

Sep 11, 2008
Great thread idea!

mywebtop:
ktYxv.jpg

Using webtop+ /ubuntop (atrix/photon)

-changed metacity theme to dust_blue // using default gtk2 theme.
-installed xfce4 via synaptic (using the metapackage)
-modified startup scripts (replacing lxde with xfce)

edit:
-oh and disabled webtop-panel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will start with a couple from my device:

Desk1.png

Desk2.png
    I know its not quite as impressive as the modded webtop,but I prefer using the stock webtop because it runs faster than off the SD card,and its easier to hack this one to get some usability from it,than to install a whole new system like GenTop

attachment.php

attachment.php