Who is getting the S 5 Active?

Search This thread

drwx

Oct 5, 2010
Nashville, TN
My CAMO S5 Active will be on my front door step today when I get home today. Thanks for the pics above. That looks like the Titanium Grey one. Looks good man. This Active looks solid. By the way fellas, I put my regular S5 in the water this weekend and took some pictures. I put it in the pool like 5 or 6 times this weekend. All was great and everything was fine other than one thing (Back speaker got saturated and had extremely low sound, but once it dried later that night it was loud again and all was good) The Active can go up to 3 feet for 30 minutes. I'm not scared to try it out now that I have with the Reg S5. Pictures are awesome too!!!!

the active has the same ip67 rating as the regular s5.. they can both go 1 meter for 30 minutes.

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
the active has the same ip67 rating as the regular s5.. they can both go 1 meter for 30 minutes.

Sweet. There is another rating it has as well. Let me find it >>>>..................................

- IP67 certified - dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- MIL-STD-810G certified - salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant

What......I want to root it. LOL

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Go it. This phone feels so much better in your hands. It feels like a solid tough device. Perfect for what I need. You wont be disappointed with this phone if you buy it. Heck, At&t might swap with you for your reg s5 if you want. I'm glad I did. Now we wait for root (If it will ever happen) Fingers crossed.

Moderators, Can you please open a At&t Galaxy s5 Active forum? THANKS !!!!!

Camboteav

Nov 17, 2012
Go it. This phone feels so much better in your hands. It feels like a solid tough device. Perfect for what I need. You wont be disappointed with this phone if you buy it. Heck, At&t might swap with you for your reg s5 if you want. I'm glad I did. Now we wait for root (If it will ever happen) Fingers crossed.

Moderators, Can you please open a At&t Galaxy s5 Active forum? THANKS !!!!!

I agree. We need our own forum!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
My only reservation with the active is that it's $70 more off contract over the regular s5 and if it's anything like the s4 active, os updates will be months behind the regular version :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

randomtask16

Apr 5, 2007
Got mine second hand (new in box still) vs doing att next upgrade. No major complaints so far, seems well built. Like others have said though, you can just get a decent case and have the same protection/waterproofing on standard S5. You'd also have usb 3.0 speeds, more aftermarket support, updates etc etc
I'm sticking with it for now, will likely get a bumper case to add protection. Also having to adjust my usage to the lower battery capacity, I've been using the ZL 7500mah on an S4 for the past year and got quite used to it lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just saw that the S 5 Active is available for At&t today. I'm taking my S 5 back tomorrow and getting the Active. I'm in landscaping so having a rugged phone is important. Plus this one is getting really hot and draining battery to fast. It wasn't like that at first. Called At&t and they said im at my 13th day. Cut off is 14 days to return so I just made it. Will update and let you guys know.

Here is the link > https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung/galaxy-s5-active-camo-green.html#fbid=QJbx0AcK3xG

the MIL Spec gives it a slightly higher shock resistent rating however the IP spec is identical to the S5 which means water resistant to about 1 meter and my guess is that it gained the MIL Spec rating only do to the case suround nothing more. IMHO not worth the switch from the standard S5 just buy an otter box case and you'll get as good if not better protection.

EDIT: From the AT&T Website Specs on the S5 Active

2. Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP67 rating. Submersible up to 1m (3 ft) of water for up to 30 mins with covers tightly closed. Rinse to remove residue. Meets US Mil-STD 810G for shock, temperature, humidity, rain and altitude. Device may not perform as shown in all extreme conditions.
    I'm really pondering on getting it, I gotta get rid of Verizon and this is one of the phone on top of my list. Kind of wondering how att is to deal with though...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've been more than happy with them since the Cingular days.
    I'd take the s5 back if I could. I've owned many Samsung products, this is by far the worst in my opinion. Using Swype, the keyboard lags so bad. The phone itself gets very laggy at time's and I have to reboot it.
    Reminds me of the old BlackBerry days when you had to do a battery pull a couple time's a day.
    Only upside to this phone is the camera in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I just got mine. Some quick thoughts.

1. Disappointed by the generic AT&T box. (No biggie)
    2. It's definitely NOT metal on the sides. More like a hard ballistic plastic. (The bumpers at the top and bottom are made of the same hard plastic.)
    3. The power button is lower than the normal GS5 and it's very sensitive. I've shut the screen off by accident SO many times.
    4. Active Key does not launch the camera when phone is locked.

Other than that, it's pretty much a normal GS5.

I think this one might find it's way on eBay.
    Love mine:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app