Ota 4.19.707.4

Search This thread

mixisbad

Jun 22, 2014
Just got an OTA file.

A Description said that it is a patch for heartbleed.

Even though I'm not sure there still be people on stock rom in this forum but this file may be useful in some way.

*edit : ahh I can't post outside link
so please change the url's head by yourself

"h t t p s" dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26755092/OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604.zip

ps. my device has CID HTC_044

file name may also answer you for the rest.

OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604.zip

Reactions: ckpv5

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Just got an OTA file.

Thanks for the info. At least something from HTC ;)

screenshot_2014-06-23_10-32-44.jpg

mixisbad

Jun 22, 2014

I'm not sure you have the same version as me or not. This OTA will be applied to the exact version it only designed for.
This is the version of my phone before I applied it.
stock : "ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.3"
Please be careful about this fact.

But I also have a problem due to the CWM that I've install which result in the "status 7 error"

Some suggested that it's a problem on older CWM but it still occur with me even though I tried update it to the latest CWM.
Some said that TWRP won't have this problem but I don't want to install new recovery mod so I choose to bypass its signature check as this site said.

"H T T P" highonandroid.com/android-roms/how-to-fix-status-7-error-with-cwm-recovery-on-rooted-android/

The file I posted is the original one that I didn't make changed to it. After I edit the script file, I was successful to apply this patch with the command "install from zip in sd-card" in CWM.

AGAIN! BE CAREFUL IT MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I EXPLAINED

Last edited:

alex sarep

Jul 2, 2012
I'm not sure you have the same version as me or not. This OTA will be applied to the exact version it only designed for.

But I also have a problem due to the CWM that I've install which result in the "status 7 error"

Some suggested that it's a problem on older CWM but it still occur with me even though I tried update it to the latest CWM.
Some said that TWRP won't have this problem but I don't want to install new recovery mod so I choose to bypass its signature check as this site said.

"H T T P" highonandroid.com/android-roms/how-to-fix-status-7-error-with-cwm-recovery-on-rooted-android/

The file I posted is the original one that I didn't make changed to it. After I edit the script file, I was successful to apply this patch with the command "install from zip in sd-card" in CWM.

AGAIN! BE CAREFUL IT MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I EXPLAINED

yes .. same problem that i face.. i will try this.. thanx :)

exquisite000

Jun 23, 2014
can't apply update

i receive this update. but failed to apply it.
Currently i my device unlocked, rooted with philz touch 6.01.0 recovery.

Need your advised how can i apply this update?

Thanks

Attachments

• philz_recovery.log.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 49

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Guys to install this official update you must to be on full stock rom with stock recovery or somebady to modify and make zip to flash from custom recovery on rooted phonerecovery.

cicc74

Jan 27, 2011
Noob question
can I istall this up date on my HTC One x with CID VODAP203
Thanks

chteh2008

Oct 27, 2008

Can you share the modded ota.zip file? thanks.

mixisbad

Jun 22, 2014

Well, I simply delete

Code:
ifelse( is_ship_bootloader(getprop("ro.bootloader")) == "t" ,
       assert(check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" ,
       "22222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "55555555" , "66666666" ,
       "77777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "HTC__044") == "t");
       );

from the updater-script file in the OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604\META-INF\com\google\android

I don't understand why it errors on this process because when I try get var on fastboot I also get CID as "HTC__044"

anyway, here is the moded file

https:// dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26755092/OTA.zip

Oh and again, take your responsibility

Last edited:
Reactions: chteh2008

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Sorry for my late answer I got
Version-main: 4.17.163.4
what do I need to do?
Thanks

Nothing.....you can't install this ota. That's the main confusion posting ota's. In my honest opinion they are useless. If you are on stock rom you will get the heartbleed ota eventually. This ota is for that main only and users on that rom will get it automatically.

Return to stock await the ota, or go for a custom rom with the patch inside already (flashable zip is posted in the viper x thread which can be used across all sense 5 roms)

Last edited:

mixisbad

Jun 22, 2014

Sorry for my late answer I got
Version-main: 4.17.163.4
what do I need to do?
Thanks

As I told earlier

This OTA will be applied to the exact version it only designed for.

exquisite000

Jun 23, 2014
Nothing.....you can't install this ota. That's the main confusion posting ota's. In my honest opinion they are useless. If you are on stock rom you will get the heartbleed ota eventually. This ota is for that main only and users on that rom will get it automatically.

Return to stock await the ota, or go for a custom rom with the patch inside already (flashable zip is posted in the viper x thread which can be used across all sense 5 roms)

noob question. again, i'm in stock rom and received this ota update. but my device already rooted and bootloader unlocked with philz recovery. As expected, the update failed to apply.
So is there any thread or post where i can learn something like get the downloaded update from my device, modded and zip it to install from philz recovery? or any easier method?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got an OTA file.

A Description said that it is a patch for heartbleed.

Even though I'm not sure there still be people on stock rom in this forum but this file may be useful in some way.

*edit : ahh I can't post outside link
    so please change the url's head by yourself

"h t t p s" dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26755092/OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604.zip

ps. my device has CID HTC_044

file name may also answer you for the rest.

OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604.zip

Well, I simply delete

Code:
    ifelse( is_ship_bootloader(getprop("ro.bootloader")) == "t" ,
           assert(check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" , "11111111" ,
           "22222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "55555555" , "66666666" ,
           "77777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "HTC__044") == "t");
           );

from the updater-script file in the OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_4.19.707.4-4.19.707.3_release_368604\META-INF\com\google\android

I don't understand why it errors on this process because when I try get var on fastboot I also get CID as "HTC__044"

anyway, here is the moded file

https:// dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26755092/OTA.zip

Oh and again, take your responsibility