HTC HC C700 case

Search This thread

Gav1n

Sep 8, 2006
well lets hope the email tells the truth.....and the "not in stock untill May 31, 2012." is for back orders

vincepg13

Jul 23, 2011
My c704 case and the official dock both bought from the same seller. Both saying dispatched and both now not in stock until 31st. Let's hope it gets here!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

rasterX

Jan 28, 2008
Los Angeles
And here it is with a few coats of flat black primer applied to the inside of the case:

20120520_145249.jpg

20120520_144654.jpg

20120520_144720.jpg

20120520_144951.jpg

This looks great. Pretty much exactly what I am looking for, thin, curved edge shell and color match. I was thinking about dipping the case in Rit (to keep it translucent), but this might be a better option. What kind of primer did you use? Did you mask the outer edges? It's funny how black on frosted plastic ends up being such a close match to the One X's gray.

Let us know how it wears long term. Do you think the paint will stick to the phone?

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
This looks great. Pretty much exactly what I am looking for, thin, curved edge shell and color match. I was thinking about dipping the case in Rit (to keep it translucent), but this might be a better option. What kind of primer did you use? Did you mask the outer edges? It's funny how black on frosted plastic ends up being such a close match to the One X's gray.

Let us know how it wears long term. Do you think the paint will stick to the phone?

This stuff. Already had a can of the black in the house, or I may have tried this in gray instead.

The second picture above is a better indication of the true color (though the purple hue is a camera issue), it's many shades darker than the gray sides and back of the phone, basically it's flat dark dark gray, not quite black (the HTC logo is a true black, albeit glossy). Because there's still that "frosting" throughout the plastic, it gives the illusion that it is lighter than it is, but only in photos.

I didn't mask the edges, I just cleaned them off with a microfiber and thumb friction. Masking would have been easier but I was curious to see if the overspray would provide a good gripping surface. It did, but wasn't uniform so I cleaned it off.

I expect I'll need to re-spray it again someday, when depending on how often the phone is removed from the case. I did scuff the inside of the case with 1000 grit sandpaper, and then cleaned it well with water and then Grease/Wax remover before the first coat, and then scuffed the primer again before applying my final two coats.

As for the primer sticking to the phone, yes, if you don't give it enough time to dry, some will adhere to the back. I took those pictures an hour after the last coat then removed the case and had some "not as dry as I thought" spots lift off and stick to the phone.

Good news is, it came right off the phone with a bit of "thumb friction", since it is primer and not a sticky lacquer or acrylic paint. Just be sure that it is dry to the touch at least if you're in a rush, wet primer could be a lot messier. And don't use paint, use primer.

Even better news, once the primer is fully cured (a day or so, you can tell when you have to work hard to smell it) it shouldn't lift off the case at all, and what does get worn off by friction has little adhesion to other materials, and it's temperature stable as well (doesn't get softer when hot, or brittle when cold). Once again, don't use paint, use a good sandable primer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasterX

matw01

Feb 18, 2009
Well no sign of my c700 today but as its royal mail ill give it another couple of days.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
It gets better. I emailed them to confirm it's been shipped and I just go this reply...

"Hi Ed.

Your item hasnt been despatched yet and it will be when we receive them on or before the 31st of May. Its a preordered item.

Kind regards

Total Digital Stores"

Legendary!!!

I've emailed them a reply...

"Good morning,

So, to clear things up...

1. You don't have it in stock even though at the time of purchase it said it was 'in stock' (not pre-order); and
2. You send me an email to say it's been dispatched only to say it's not been sent yet?

This is a joke and I'll be making sure others hear of this

Regards"

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Just ordered the HC C704 in white from this seller, they confirmed them in stock...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130694145446&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

May still get the HC C700 once it's out but for now this will do

Last edited:

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
It gets better. I emailed them to confirm it's been shipped and I just go this reply...

"Hi Ed.

Your item hasnt been despatched yet and it will be when we receive them on or before the 31st of May. Its a preordered item.

Kind regards

Total Digital Stores"

That would be about right. Handtec emailed me back yesterday to say sorry about the delay and that HTC have advised them 30th May and HTC store is saying 14 days with express delivery

matw01

Feb 18, 2009

"Hi Ed.

Kind regards

Total Digital Stores"

Legendary!!!

I've emailed them a reply...

"Good morning,

So, to clear things up...

1. You don't have it in stock even though at the time of purchase it said it was 'in stock' (not pre-order); and
2. You send me an email to say it's been dispatched only to say it's not been sent yet?

This is a joke and I'll be making sure others hear of this

Regards"

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Just ordered the HC C704 in white from this seller, they confirmed them in stock...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130694145446&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

May still get the HC C700 once it's out but for now this will do

I can't believe they'd send out despatch confirmation without sending the items out, i bet that is to make it more difficult for us to cancel our orders...

i do like the look of the c704 but it doesn't protect the camera lense at all.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Don't care, I'll kick up a stink with Amazon if I have to!

They've not replied yet so we'll see...

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
hi all
i ordered off total digital stores through the amazon link in this post...and have just recived this email but it say Metalbeat Ltd not total digital stores

Dear gav1n

Today Metalbeat Ltd shipped item(s) in your order, placed on May 19, 2012.

==================================================
SHIPPING DETAILS
==================================================

The following items were sold by and shipped from Metalbeat Ltd trading on amazon.co.uk as total digital stores in package 1 of this shipment:

1 of HTC HC C700 One X Clear Hard Shell

1 of HTC One X Hard Shell with Holes HC C704 - GREY

Shipping Carrier: Royal Mail
Ship Date: May 21, 2012
Shipping Speed: Expedited

Your shipping address:

Yes. I got shipping confirm the next day from the same company. Its coming from the UK, how long normally for shipping to the eastcoast? lol

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
So I'm in the process of painting the inside of my C700 flat black (have a gray One X). Preliminary results are encouraging, a bit concerned with the durability of the paint, but it looks pretty good, colour-wise. I'll give it an hour to dry and get it on the phone, pics to follow.

Why paint? Well, the C700 has the best "feel" of any case I've used so far, preserving that smooth glass feel on the sides, and it protects the camera. But man is it butt-ugly on a gray phone. And since I already own the case, can't return it (bought in UK, I'm back in Canada) I figured what the hell.

The C704 series just looks too flash for me, even in gray...c'mon HTC, just make a basic low profile cover that doesn't look like ass on the gray unit that also protects the camera. Some of us like understated, and for some of us, the feel of the phone is one of the major reasons for buying it (I'd rather risk £450 for a new phone than use an Otterbox, for instance).

EDIT: Pictures...first up, what it looked like out of the box:

c700-1.jpg

c700-2.jpg

c700-3.jpg

And here it is with a few coats of flat black primer applied to the inside of the case:

20120520_145249.jpg

20120520_144654.jpg

20120520_144720.jpg

20120520_144951.jpg

looks amazing. if I had a grey one, I would hire you to do mine.

jadaress1

Nov 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I've asked for a refund and received refund today, even though they have sent out dispatch emails like they did in my case they had none in stock. Sorry.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Got this reply this morning when I cancelled my order...

"Hello Ed,

I have now cancelled your order as requested. I have been informed there was a glitch on our Amazon account, as the person who listed the item did click on 'Pre Order' but it did not send to our Seller Central account for some reason, so I apoligise for this.

HTC havent actually released this item yet, so no one has stock I am afraid. Our suppliers have given the date of 31st May for the stock to be delivered to us, but it may be sooner so feel free to check back any time in the next week.

Regards"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, at least it's a proper explanation this time

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
HC C704 White arrived today, fits nicely if a little loose on the sides. Holes line up perfectly. Pleased

Will probably still get the HC C700 once on sale, though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm in the process of painting the inside of my C700 flat black (have a gray One X). Preliminary results are encouraging, a bit concerned with the durability of the paint, but it looks pretty good, colour-wise. I'll give it an hour to dry and get it on the phone, pics to follow.

Why paint? Well, the C700 has the best "feel" of any case I've used so far, preserving that smooth glass feel on the sides, and it protects the camera. But man is it butt-ugly on a gray phone. And since I already own the case, can't return it (bought in UK, I'm back in Canada) I figured what the hell.

The C704 series just looks too flash for me, even in gray...c'mon HTC, just make a basic low profile cover that doesn't look like ass on the gray unit that also protects the camera. Some of us like understated, and for some of us, the feel of the phone is one of the major reasons for buying it (I'd rather risk £450 for a new phone than use an Otterbox, for instance).

EDIT: Pictures...first up, what it looked like out of the box:

c700-1.jpg

c700-2.jpg

c700-3.jpg

20120520_145249.jpg

20120520_144654.jpg

20120520_144720.jpg

20120520_144951.jpg
    has your case yellowed? my clear tpu case from diztronic after 1 month has become VERY YELLOW:eek:

It won't turn yellow..it's a clear polycarbonate hard case..so don't compare it to TPU case..all clear tpu cases turn yellow..

Now in stock on Amazon.

Link pls...
    Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

I Google'd it - took literally 5 seconds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-C700-Clear-Hard-Shell/dp/B007IVCHN2

This stuff. Already had a can of the black in the house, or I may have tried this in gray instead.

The second picture above is a better indication of the true color (though the purple hue is a camera issue), it's many shades darker than the gray sides and back of the phone, basically it's flat dark dark gray, not quite black (the HTC logo is a true black, albeit glossy). Because there's still that "frosting" throughout the plastic, it gives the illusion that it is lighter than it is, but only in photos.

I didn't mask the edges, I just cleaned them off with a microfiber and thumb friction. Masking would have been easier but I was curious to see if the overspray would provide a good gripping surface. It did, but wasn't uniform so I cleaned it off.

I expect I'll need to re-spray it again someday, when depending on how often the phone is removed from the case. I did scuff the inside of the case with 1000 grit sandpaper, and then cleaned it well with water and then Grease/Wax remover before the first coat, and then scuffed the primer again before applying my final two coats.

As for the primer sticking to the phone, yes, if you don't give it enough time to dry, some will adhere to the back. I took those pictures an hour after the last coat then removed the case and had some "not as dry as I thought" spots lift off and stick to the phone.

Good news is, it came right off the phone with a bit of "thumb friction", since it is primer and not a sticky lacquer or acrylic paint. Just be sure that it is dry to the touch at least if you're in a rush, wet primer could be a lot messier. And don't use paint, use primer.

Even better news, once the primer is fully cured (a day or so, you can tell when you have to work hard to smell it) it shouldn't lift off the case at all, and what does get worn off by friction has little adhesion to other materials, and it's temperature stable as well (doesn't get softer when hot, or brittle when cold). Once again, don't use paint, use a good sandable primer.