[Help] OMG! Did i Brick my new note 3!? :(

Search This thread

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long :eek: Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck.

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
Do you know what Region the phone was originally? I had a similar issue and I had to get the Hong Kong (in my case) version of a stock ROM and flash that to get things working again. Not all partitions are the same - you might need a PIT file to match your original region and then flash the ROM.

What info do you get in DL mode?

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
Do you know what Region the phone was originally? I had a similar issue and I had to get the Hong Kong (in my case) version of a stock ROM and flash that to get things working again. Not all partitions are the same - you might need a PIT file to match your original region and then flash the ROM.

What info do you get in DL mode?

Yes the phone is for AT&T so it's US. When I go into DL mode Knox counter is still 0x0. Is there a certain firmware I need then to match with the AT&T model? Or a pit?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Yes the phone is for AT&T so it's US. When I go into DL mode Knox counter is still 0x0. Is there a certain firmware I need then to match with the AT&T model? Or a pit?

Go to Sammobile and see if you can find the version you had, sounds like an older JB if kingo app didn't trip Knox. Reflash that using ODIN.
I don't know if there was a problem with American bootloader, see if there's an AT&T Note 3 forum. Might find answers there...

Markudsc

Feb 1, 2014
Hey guys. Ive had a note 3 before in the past and have used the Root DelaVega to root successfully. This was early in the year. I sold my old note 3 for an HTC One. Well today i traded my HTC One back for a note 3 as i missed the Note 3. As soon as i came home i attempted to use the Root DelaVega method to foot (just like i did before) and immediately it failed.

I have been stuck on a screen saying "firmware update encountered an issue - select recovery in Kies" so i tried Kies 3.2 however it says my device is not compatible. Come to find out after doing research (talking to the original owner i traded my HTC One for) the Note 3 i have is on the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 that is not compatible with the Root DelaVega method or any root method - so i screwed that up. I can successfully boot in and out of download mode. Ive tried to flash N900XXUDNA6 4.4.2 in Odin several times, it begins then fails almost immediately and the bar on the phone itself (in download mode) begins then freezes shortly after beginning. Ive also tried to flash N900XXUDNC1 JellyBean thru odin and get the same results - almost immediately fail and the blue status bar on the phone freezes when it barley begins. What else can i do??? am i totally screwed? Ive been researching and trying to fix this for 6 straight hours now! My gf is about to kill me for being online so long :eek: Is there anything i can do at this point? Am i stuck.

Hi mate,

if you are stuck, maybe you can try this.

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2701062

it's a way to unbrick your software.
and if the older owner of your N3 said it's on the latest firmware of kitkat.
maybe your problem is the firmware in the sammobile were before the firmware you have install on your device via OTA update.
Yours firmware came throw out via OTA update and with some reason you can't see any latest firmware USA N900A in sammobile.

try the method in the link and reply if you have been successful.
cumps