Search This thread

fadzlihellmuth

Dec 15, 2011
Johor Bahru
Apple is best in updates if u compare with samsung or any other company i used apple for 4 years and now using 4S also really satisfied with service and phone

no offence but this is a discussion for i9001 in an android forum and you're talking about iphone? ok, i do agree iphone takes care of their customers by giving updates unlike samsung or motorola. but iphone can't do what android and devs around here do best:look at every forums here from htc to samsung and you'll know why :cool:

anyway doesn't matter to me if sammy release value pack instead of ics even though most of us are hoping. sooner or later devs here like skywalker, yarde or others around here will get us ics.

ahsanjavaid

Jan 1, 2012
Jeddah
no offence but this is a discussion for i9001 in an android forum and you're talking about iphone? ok, i do agree iphone takes care of their customers by giving updates unlike samsung or motorola. but iphone can't do what android and devs around here do best:look at every forums here from htc to samsung and you'll know why :cool:

anyway doesn't matter to me if sammy release value pack instead of ics even though most of us are hoping. sooner or later devs here like skywalker, yarde or others around here will get us ics.

thats what i m saying make one phone but better one and make it more better with updates...btw can android phone take us to moon :p which iphone cannot do..i m using android n apple both for sure my vote is with apple..if i have to depend at others developers why i m paying that much money to samsung.from months people are waiting for yarde,working but i think even till now not a single one have seen ICS boot logo in the phone...if they release after one year there will be 1000 new better models of phones..

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
As for yarde and skywalker they are porting cm7 for us for free.

they don't ask for any donations like the CM team :mad:
If you like the iphone so much then why are you here ?

ahsanjavaid

Jan 1, 2012
Jeddah
As for yarde and skywalker they are porting cm7 for us for free.

they don't ask for any donations like the CM team :mad:
If you like the iphone so much then why are you here ?

I m using stock firmware just i want anything about ics and for other tweaks i don't want CM7 or anything like that bcz other firmwares have bugs alot even stock also have some bugs

rykn21x

Feb 26, 2012
Off Topic :
I m using stock firmware just i want anything about ics and for other tweaks i don't want CM7 or anything like that bcz other firmwares have bugs alot even stock also have some bugs

If you want ICS that bad and can't wait better get the Nexus... also stock roms have bugs too... why on earth would you apply tweaks (e.g.: custom launchers, battery widgets, Root, apply FeaMod recovery and etc.) on your phone (assuming you did install them) if the stock rom doesn't have bugs..... even on an idevice its not perfect it too has some bugs of its own (i know coz my wife owns 4S and I have iPad 2) that's why owners like me are forced to jailbroken our devices to apply the tweaks and customization that we want...

Back to topic:
It is good that samsung is releasing the VP for our device honestly I almost lost faith in samsung due to the poor support and their "your on your own" aftermarket sales slogan (believe me I owned numerous samsung devices including the "smarter than a smartphone" JET)... I think this will be a very good news to our very kind developers for the improvement the roms for our devices...

Last edited:

ahsanjavaid

Jan 1, 2012
Jeddah
Off Topic :

If you want ICS that bad and can't wait better get the Nexus... also stock roms have bugs too... why on earth would you apply tweaks (e.g.: custom launchers, battery widgets, Root, apply FeaMod recovery and etc.) on your phone (assuming you did install them) if the stock rom doesn't have bugs..... even on an idevice its not perfect it too has some bugs of its own (i know coz my wife owns 4S and I have iPad 2) that's why owners like me are forced to jailbroken our devices to apply the tweaks and customization that we want...

Back to topic:
It is good that samsung is releasing the VP for our device honestly I almost lost faith in samsung due to the poor support and their "your on your own" aftermarket sales slogan (believe me I owned numerous samsung devices including the "smarter than a smartphone" JET)... I think this will be a very good news to our very kind developers for the improvement the roms for our devices...

i think we are same i owned Smarter than a smartphone Jet and then i m also fed up from samsung because of this

Reactions: BackDaws

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
can you give the link to which website are you checking?

yeah, me too, i visit the site every day to check, but no new rom..

they still have 4 days left, till the very end of march ;)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Let's all sing like a chorus ..."Samsung!!!!You give me fever!Fever!!Is the only thing I get from you!!!Let me put my arms around you..." lemme refresh this page again :))))))))

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Reactions: Sot0

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
Oh man i can't wait for this update

I dnt think in official website they said "it will b released at end of march"
But its said
"in the upcoming month(s) "

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The value pack is already disappointing, The i9000 users haven't got any performance boost, Games still lag (Fifia 2012)
    this just shows that samsung released this so called "value pack" not to improve the phone Functionality but to shut people up who were asking For the ics update,
    cause the benchmark scores are the same no boost in I/O also.

And i know they'll do the same to us, cause these *****es are way too busy with their flag ship devices,
    Qualcomm had released new Gpu Drivers for ics For all Adreno 2xx devices that includes the Adreno 205.
    Those will be useless to us cause we won't have ics.
    I Am really pissed off at samsung Right now.
    I know this thread will be cleaned for all the Abusive word
    but what can i say i buy a phone just 6 months old from samsung and i get this crap.

So i'll say it **** YOU SAMSUNG
    Two new firmware's have just released for the i9001 for Switzerland and Germany
    on sammobile
    i'm downloading the Swiss one it seem's to be an open firmware XXKQB,
    while the German one is a Vodafone firmware VD2KP3.
    i retired my htc G1 after 3 years of rigorous use (flashing, testing, etc)... and i loved that device... gingerbread on it was lame (slow, slow, slowwwwwwwww)... everything on that device was a limit and devs tried to break every limit... crazy tweaks and customizations, ram hacks, and everything to make this device worthy as being the first android device... i am not a developer, but hats off and great respect to all the developers of the G1... and they atleast got a booting ICS rom :D

and then i got this device... the best for the price... and i love it... despite the fact that it has very few developers... samsung will eventually release an update which i am honeslty not looking forward to... it will still have to be modified by the developers here before daily use capability... and hopefully someday yarde and skywalker will bring out their work... i just hope that they dont abandon it in anyway... but still this device does everything its meant to...

and honestly for a guy who moved from G1 to SGS+... i can care less about what samsung provides us... an AOSP rom is an AOSP rom for a reason... once that is up and running i am sure you wont need any support from samsung at all...
    don't know if you already knew it but,

"sammobile announced that the VALUE PACK (last official update) will be released end of march, also for our phone I9001 :) "

unfortunately they didn't release it and we have to wait.. again.

it will include things like face unlock, a program to edit photos and some more things.

more info at sammobile.com

check if it's available here sammobile.com

after a long time waiting samsung released their "value pack" which is definitely not, what we have expected, it's worse.

our phone wont get any more updates from samsung.

download link in this thread (by nail16) : [ROM]i9001[VALUE PACK][XXKQB]

Features: (thanks Dutch.ly)

• Face Unlock;
    • Galaxy S2 Photo Editor;
    • Galaxy Note Lock-screen and new lock-screen sounds;
    • Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape;
    • Major I/O improvement and improved performance in browser, gallery and gaming;
    • Camera is better and can also take picture while shooting video + Minor UI Change;
    • Galaxy S II themed, mabe parts of TW4;

Screenshot of I9000's value pack (by Faryaab) :

sc20120329174545.png
    Not releasing ics for phones like ours is one of samsungs cheap tricks to increase their sales for their flag ship devices :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (it's time when i turn into a super saiyain :))

Please transform into goku super sayain 4 and beat those koreans hard :rolleyes:;)