Miui V5 on N900 (Let's start working on it!)

Search This thread

ForceField

Nov 29, 2008
Beirut
Wow and I was just about to ditch my N900

I hope this will be easy.I tried an MIUI port on the HOX+ but didn't succeeded

Er. Aditya

Feb 28, 2014
BraveFort
hope this is not another fake thread like one we had about 4k video recording, thanks for your efforts and hoping high for miui port :victory::highfive:

Reactions: ilyasuzun55

r4in34734

Oct 16, 2012
I tried porting this all night. I followed MIUIs porting instructions by the letter but I do not get further than the bootlogo. Sadly I have no idea how to get a meaningful error message out of this. Any suggestions? (Or anyone wanting to team up on this?)

ereneren564

Oct 31, 2010
Amsterdam
I tried porting this all night. I followed MIUIs porting instructions by the letter but I do not get further than the bootlogo. Sadly I have no idea how to get a meaningful error message out of this. Any suggestions? (Or anyone wanting to team up on this?)

I'm going to try the instructions I just saw that they release kitkat version of miui for mi3 and I'll try it like I did on my old One X, try to port it on the samsung rom

r4in34734

Oct 16, 2012
Yes. When you try following their instructions you will get their bootlogo animation but then the device will be stuck there. As far as I understand it is not possible to get a logcat at this stage so I am out of ideas how to meaningfully debug this?

ForceField

Nov 29, 2008
Beirut
I think it's very hard to port an MIU5 to the N900
You must see what is the MI3 processor if it is Exynos or not

To try to port it the way it is described the 2 bases should be very close

I wish you luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Miui V5 released kitkat version of it's rom. I think there is nothing much left for us to not to try porting it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow =)
    I'm trying to set the environment at the moment I'll give it a shot and what'd be the worst anyways? I'll get a boot loop :p

If MIUI booted up under N900, I will make my kernel dualboot support for it!
    yeah all you MIUI lovers, i know how you all might be thinking right now coz i always wanted MIUI so badly on my note 3
    and now i am enjoying my phone, was about to sell it but now i will keep it for long time i think
    MIUI is working perfectly fine for me and 1 another from India
    but for rest there is no network, and we will soon have a fix and hope they will release public version soon
    till then wait and enjoy touchwiz :p

i left touchwiz for ever
    Mod Edit

Thread cleaned

Can we please stay on the topic of This Thread ?

If you want to post about a different phone/ROM , use the other threads available , or create one if it does not exist.

Thank you

malybru
    Forum Moderator