No Signal after 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

treesmoker

Sep 5, 2010
Hey Guys,

Today I updated my i9505 from Cynogen Mod 10.3.1 to the new "[AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.1" by Jamal, but I read that you needed to update to the leaked 4.4.2 before flashing so that the modem and bits are upto date before flashing any 4.4.2 ROMs or else you could end up with no wifi after flashing.

So I followed these instructions to flash the leaked 4.4.2:

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.

Which all went well but I couldn't get Wifi after flashing, and (probably not important) but the default language it choose during the setup was Dutch??? Seeing as I couldnt get the wifi to enable I decided to flash Philz Touch Recovery v6 and then put Jamal's "S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.1" by putting it onto the SD card and flashing through Philz recovery.

Flashing went without a problem.... only thing is now I cant get Vodafone (UK) signal 80% of the time, the other 20% I do get signal and can make calls, just seems strange as previously 80% I WOULD get signal!

Did I do something wrong? I had a really bad feeling that flashing the CP, BL and CSC has somehow messed things up......please help!

treesmoker

Sep 5, 2010

I just fixed the problem, ColdIce23, check your Baseband Version under Settings > About Device, I bet yours is still set to the original baseband version like mine was...

1) Re-Download the Baseband for the leaked 4.4.2 rom (Here)

2) Open Odin 3.09 and do the following:

Ok it worked.
If anyone else is having issues with the baseband not changing, do this.
Use Odin v3.04
Untick Autoreboot
Flash modem
Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
Flash Modem once more
Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Now I have FULL SIGNAL! .....so far..... will report back once I have left work but this is a good sign as I had no signal what-so-ever 5 minutes ago!

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Flasing a 4.4.2 Modem works well with the Kit Kat based roms. Two to choose from NA1 or NA5, depending on what bootloader your on flash the appropriate modem files.

I've got NA5 on the 4.4.2 GE Rom with Three and no signal issues as of yet.

kamrul.auntu

Apr 16, 2011
Dhaka
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just fixed the problem, ColdIce23, check your Baseband Version under Settings > About Device, I bet yours is still set to the original baseband version like mine was...

1) Re-Download the Baseband for the leaked 4.4.2 rom (Here)

2) Open Odin 3.09 and do the following:

Now I have FULL SIGNAL! .....so far..... will report back once I have left work but this is a good sign as I had no signal what-so-ever 5 minutes ago!

My I9505 baseband version is I9505XXUFNA5. Is not it the updated one?

abemann

Jun 1, 2012
Hey Guys,

Today I updated my i9505 from Cynogen Mod 10.3.1 to the new "[AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.1" by Jamal, but I read that you needed to update to the leaked 4.4.2 before flashing so that the modem and bits are upto date before flashing any 4.4.2 ROMs or else you could end up with no wifi after flashing.

/QUOTE]

I think u missunderstood something. For the Kitkat Google Edition u do not have to flash the leak before. Its only for the Samsung Touchwiz Version of Kitkat

tapatalked by an Echoenian

treesmoker

Sep 5, 2010
Flasing a 4.4.2 Modem works well with the Kit Kat based roms. Two to choose from NA1 or NA5, depending on what bootloader your on flash the appropriate modem files.

I've got NA5 on the 4.4.2 GE Rom with Three and no signal issues as of yet.

I flashed the NA5 modem which seems to have failed the first time round, as it didnt actually change the baseband version in settings. Since flashing a second time (when it actual flashed properly) I now have full signal...... but I have another problem now:

When I click the dailer and select a person to call, the screen goes black and I dont see/hear any indication that a call has initiated. I tried with my wife and her phone rings and she can answer the call, but my screen is still black with no sound....

I have tried wiping data / davlik / cache and installing the rom from scratch, but I still get the same issue?

UPDATE:

Right so I just flashed CM11 as a test, and still can't make calls, so obviously not a ROM fault..... does the BL, CP or CSC have anything to do with the making calls procress?

Last edited:

rsx32

Jun 15, 2013
I've got a similar issue.
I've got a M919V running Jamal's 4.3 GPE rom, but after flashing Jamal's 4.4.2 GPE i get no signal. After going into settings and selecting network the signal lasts, but after the screen goes off signal is once again lost.

Is there a procedure to follow that will fix this? This is found when when flashing many 4.4 roms.

-Thanks

D

Deleted member 3421465

Well, I get signal when I'm near a cell tower...
No changes tho. Still same problem.

duksin

Mar 6, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if you have resolved your modem problems?

I flashed to Jamal's 4.4.2 version 1.2 and I don't have a signal now.

I flashed the modem to NA5 but styill no signal. Also I can't even check my CSC using *#1234# as "Mobile network not available"

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 3421465

Hi Duskin,

For me, I think it's releated to the phone itself as I got a screen replacement. I haven't solved the problem yet because I got to get back to the store where I got my screen replaced.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk