[Q] problem with phone to pc via USB

Search This thread
PHONE: Samsung Infuse 4g
ANDROID: v4.4.4
ROM: CarbonRom 2014-06-21

When I tried to plug my phone into my computer, the USB Mass Storage prompt screen kept flickering on and off and I am unable to connect.
I had the same, if not very similar, issue on my phone's stock android version. Windows 7 detects the phone just fine, both stock and custom ROMs, but it will not on Win8.

Is there a driver or something that I would need to install? I had tried the lies in the past, with no luck.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

When I tried to plug my phone into my computer, the USB Mass Storage prompt screen kept flickering on and off and I am unable to connect.
I had the same, if not very similar, issue on my phone's stock android version. Windows 7 detects the phone just fine, both stock and custom ROMs, but it will not on Win8.

Is there a driver or something that I would need to install? I had tried the lies in the past, with no luck.

i have seen a lot of people have issues with win 8, but havent seen any sure fire solution as of yet. it may be out there, but i havent come across it.
you may want to be sure you are on a usb2 port also, i have seen many people have issues with usb3 ports.

chowland1967

Apr 16, 2014
Auburn

I've seen the same problem. I made sure I installed the right drivers for my phone and i'm able to turn on the storage, but it disconnects when I try to copy files over. I usually put everything on my google drive, then download it to my computer/phone.
Kinda a pain, but it works.