Screen Burn already

Search This thread

dysfunkshun

Jul 12, 2011
I've had my G3 for close to 2 months now after preordering it right before launch. I already have a screen burn issue going on in the upper middle of the screen, which is quite odd because I had two G2s that had similar screen burn issues in nearly the exact same spot. Anyone else come across this so far? Am I just getting super unlucky with LG lately? Thanks in advance!

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
I've had my G3 for close to 2 months now after preordering it right before launch. I already have a screen burn issue going on in the upper middle of the screen, which is quite odd because I had two G2s that had similar screen burn issues in nearly the exact same spot. Anyone else come across this so far? Am I just getting super unlucky with LG lately? Thanks in advance!
More info would be nice. What is your screen brightness set at? if you have had this issue twice already with another LG model I would look into user error. I dont mean to offend but it has been known for years that high screen brightness can cause this issue.;)

dysfunkshun

Jul 12, 2011
No worries, I'd think the same thing! I run my screen brightness around 40% and very rarely go above that. I first noticed the burn about 2 weks ago, when I was stock rooted, and it has stuck through 2 versions of skydragon as well. I attached a pic, the burn is just to the right of the RJ logo. Unrelated, how do you just reply on the XDA app, the 3 dots menu isnt there?

Attachments

• IMG_20140828_072035-0.jpg
    IMG_20140828_072035-0.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,101

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I have same phone for time length. Running at 52 in dark and full brightness outside and don't have that. Replace phone or maybe it overheating

AWESOME G3

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
I'm thinking the same. I think you've been overheating. That's where this phone gets the hottest. I always put my finger on the buttons and i can feel the heat there

mingkee

I do not notice that. Usually I use brightness 55%, or auto when it's in outdoors.
May you describe your screen tint? Mine is rather unique because the tint is slightly purple (neither warm nor cool, but my screen is brighter than most models I compared).

mzrdisi

May 19, 2009
Northern IL
This isn't what I would call a "Screen Burn". Looks to be a simple manufacturer defect. Burn in would be something like the top notification shade showing a burned in after effect of say, like, the clock or maybe an icon that is constant like the signal bars or blue tooth or something...

dysfunkshun

Jul 12, 2011
That's what it does, it's kinda hard to see since I use a the stock widget and it's a blue, but anything with a white background you can clearly see a darkish burn in the screen. I'm thinking the overheating sounds plausible, and why it has happened on both devices in the same area. Now to figure out why it's overheating...

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

mingkee

This isn't what I would call a "Screen Burn". Looks to be a simple manufacturer defect. Burn in would be something like the top notification shade showing a burned in after effect of say, like, the clock or maybe an icon that is constant like the signal bars or blue tooth or something...

The real screen burn is like an image "carved" on the screen after a period of time.
AMOLED is notorious of burn (look at G Flex screen).

mzrdisi

May 19, 2009
Northern IL
The real screen burn is like an image "carved" on the screen after a period of time.
AMOLED is notorious of burn (look at G Flex screen).

Yeah, I wouldn't say over heating would cause burn in. But I suppose it's possible burn in could be something you are experiencing. You are sure it's not an image retention problem. I've seen some LG 4K tvs with image retention issues.