[RECOVERY][T,TL,TX,V][LB]PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition

Search This thread

napster855

Jan 29, 2012
atm I got your 4.1 hybrid rom so:

Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3:
1. Download stock (hybrid 2.2?) 4.3 rom zip to SDcard
2. Download this recovery to SDcard
3. Reboot to 4.1 CWM and flash 4.3 rom(Hybrid2.2?)
4. Flash this recovery (optionally flash SU too)
5. Power off the device
6. Flash 4.3 ftf (download 4.3 from?)- tick everything, including wipes, but don´t tick system or you will do it all again from scratch :p

Also awesome work. I'm glad we could have you on xperia T thread.

Last edited:

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
I think theres a confusion here, in flashtool you tick to wipe data, appslog and cache but below that is the list of things to exclude from flashing so if you tick on it you will not flash that part of the rom so if you tick everything here but dont tick system, everything will be excluded but system won´t son the only thing you are flashing is the system folder and so thers no kernel you´ll have a bootloop

Flash back a 4.1.2 rom with Flashtool, root it, put a cwm on it and continue with 'Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3' section of the first post ;) You can find everything in the All in One post in the Q&A section of this forum.

I did like that and i got bootloop. These steps i did, plz tell me what i was wrong
1. Flash 4.1 rom then root and install cwm.
2. Reboot to cwm, flash 4.3 stock deodex flashable rom zip. Then flash update SU 1.9.3 then flash this recovery.
3. Turn off device.
4. Using flashtool to flash 4.3 ftf, tick everything in Exclude box but didnt tick on system checkbox.

And i had got bootloop :(

Last edited:

norti

I did like that and i got bootloop. These steps i did, plz tell me what i was wrong
2. Reboot to cwm, flash 4.3 stock deodex flashable rom zip. Then flash update SU 1.9.3 then flash this recovery.
3. Turn off device.
4. Using flashtool to flash 4.3 ftf, tick everything in Exclude box but didnt tick on system checkbox.

Do you have a generic or branded phone and using the appropriate ftf for it? Is the 4.3 ftf you are using not corrupted and is it for your phone? Did you boot into 4.1.2 and was it working? I recommend you to download everything again and verify the files.

If nothing's working, try to flash an appropriate 4.1.2 rom fully (wipe everything and exclude only TA if needed), then root, put cwm on it and after the reboot to recovery immediately install a 4.3 rom, supersu, this cwm touch recovery and the stock kernel for cwm found here. If this doesn't help you could try to flash the kernel via flashtool (exclude PARTITION, TA, SYSTEM). You shouldn't have a bootloop if you do so.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
I changed those steps in the OP a little.

3. Turn off device.

But in these steps you did, there is no data wipe and you didn't even tell, if you can get at least to recovery? You should always get there, if it's properly installed.
Do you have TX? Which rom are you trying to flash (from which thread?)? Which recovery did you used for flashing 4.3 and this recovery (version)?

Reactions: Oohhlala

daniel090588

Feb 3, 2011
3. Turn off device.

Everything is fine but in flashtool is the problem you just need to install the kernel and that the only thing you are not installing,, do everything and in flashtool tick all the wipes of data cache and applogs, and below that is the list of things to exclude TICK ONLY SYSTEM, this is to exclude system on flashing all the other things will be installed , after that just turn on your phone and that´s all.

Reactions: Oohhlala

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
I changed those steps in the OP a little.

But in these steps you did, there is no data wipe and you didn't even tell, if you can get at least to recovery? You should always get there, if it's properly installed.
Do you have TX? Which rom are you trying to flash (from which thread?)? Which recovery did you used for flashing 4.3 and this recovery (version)?

I ticked all wipe checkbox. I'm using generic TX and installed CWM v7 by davidmarco and the 4,3 flashable rom zip i used to flash in this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650844

Everything is fine but in flashtool is the problem you just need to install the kernel and that the only thing you are not installing,, do everything and in flashtool tick all the wipes of data cache and applogs, and below that is the list of things to exclude TICK ONLY SYSTEM, this is to exclude system on flashing all the other things will be installed , after that just turn on your phone and that´s all.

@peetr_, @daniel090588 : thanks for helping. i will try once again to get 4.3 root and CWM following your help. I write again steps i have to do, plz check it and tell me if it's ok :fingers-crossed:
generic TX device
1. flash 4.1 rom, get root and install lastest CWM version by davidmarco
2. boot into CWM then install 4.3 flashable rom in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650844 and flash update SU in this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
3. flash CWM touch version by peetr_ in this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657190
4. turn off device
5. using flashtool to flash 4.3 TFT. TICK ALL WIPE.TICK NO FINAL VERIFYCATION. TICK ONLY " Exclude System" checkbox

That's all and right ?:good:

Reactions: daniel090588

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
It should be fine like this, but don't use v9 of cwm by davidmarco. Use v7.
And I can't tell if that rom for TX works properly.

kura808

Jun 22, 2010
Hawaii
Working great on my Xperia TL. Other recoveries weren't mounting system. I'm glad it's working properly now. Thanks xD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BreckZeBoulay

Oct 23, 2012
Boulay in Frankreich :D
I have a 4.1.2 fw rooted and the v7 recovery of davidmarco installed.
Can i flash the new recovery with my actual recovery ?
Or do i have to use the gordon app with a just rooted 4.1.2 fw ?

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
I am not sure, if it will be working properly on 4.1, it was made for 4.3. But of course, you can flash it in v7.

How to delete it?
Delete /system/bin/recovery.tar and taimport files, rename taimport.stock to taimport, and delete /system/btmgr dir.

Reactions: BreckZeBoulay

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
It should be fine like this, but don't use v9 of cwm by davidmarco. Use v7.
And I can't tell if that rom for TX works properly.

now my device can boot , there is SU app but no root access. I used Root checker app to test and i had this warning " this device does not have properly root access. Dont know why i lost root access. Could you tell me ? :(

BreckZeBoulay

Oct 23, 2012
Boulay in Frankreich :D
Doesn't work for me on my TX.

What i do :
- Fresh install 4.1.2 FW (9.1.B.1.67) -> OK
- Root with Doomlord script v18 -> OK
- Installation of davidmarco's recovery V7 -> OK
- With davidmarco's recovery V7, flash of T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.4.zip -> OK
- With PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB recovery, flash of UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip -> OK
- Reboot -> OK
- With PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB recovery, flash of a stock deodex/rooted/zipaligned rom -> OK
- With PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB recovery, flash of UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip -> OK
- Power off -> OK
- Flash of the 4.3 ftf, i have tried two settings of flash, see the screenshots -> OK
- Reboot -> NOK !

Always the same result, stuck on SONY logo, no vibration, no response of touches, no access to recovery.
The only "solution", removing battery and reflash a ftf.

Attachments

• setting1.jpg
    setting1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 185
  • setting2.jpg
    setting2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 185

norti

Doesn't work for me on my TX.
What i do :
- Fresh install 4.1.2 FW (9.1.B.1.67) -> OK
- Root with Doomlord script v18 -> OK
- Installation of davidmarco's recovery V7 -> OK
- With davidmarco's recovery V7, flash of T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.4.zip -> OK

I would try to flash the 4.3 rom in the OLD cwm v7 without reboot then immediately flash supersu and then this new touch cwm. Then the kernel with flashtool and then you can reboot. Can you try it?

Last edited:

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
Can you get into recovery??? Try to reinstall SuperSU.

now i have root access but when i install this recovery following method 1, flashgordon app alerted me this recovery file is not flashable zip :( and i tried to flash then reboot to enter recovery but not success, couldnt enter recovery

Last edited:

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
now i have root access but when i install this recovery following method 1, flashgordon app alerted me this recovery file is not flashable zip :( and i tried to flash then reboot to enter recovery but not success, couldnt enter recovery

Nothing like that on my side, Flash Gordon always takes the 1.4 zip.

Btw. always flash the recovery at last, so you can always flash something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Known CWM recovery, greatly improved with touch ui and many useful features by Phil3759.
    Original Xperia T thread
    Compatible with Rom Manager (reboot recovery, backup, install,...)

As the title says, this recovery has some needed modifications included, so you can use it with unmodified stock kernel (locked bootloader).
    Main LB script with logging was created by cray_Doze.
    My modifications are firstly based on recovery from davidmarco, then I found big help and better (PhilZ) recovery in [NUT]´s thread and that it´s better to unmount selinux fs so it cannot be redefined and checking files is probably stopped (?) in recovery, so I´ve had to use init binary that does not need selinux.

Installation:
    1. Root your device
    2. Install modified Flash Gordon app (no busybox installation needed)
    3. Download this recovery to SDcard
    4. Launch the app and allow it root access
    5. Tap "select zip", find the zip, "flash now"
    6. Don´t try to reboot with the app, but do regular reboot in power menu

Upgrading from 4.1 with CWM for LB to stock 4.3:
    1. Download stock 4.3 rom zip to SDcard
    2. Download this recovery to SDcard
    3. Reboot to 4.1 CWM and flash 4.3 rom
    4. Flash this recovery (optionally flash SU too)
    5. Power off the device
    6. Flash 4.3 ftf - tick all wipes, and exclude system from installation or you will do it all again from scratch :p

Or if you already have some recovery on 4.3, just flash this in recovery.

Caution:
    Don´t try to flash rom zip made in the recovery. It is too big. It goes first to tmpfs, which has only around 433000kB.
    System will be formated, but then can´t be extracted from zip and copied to /system. No /system = you will do it all again from scratch :p

Changelog:
    v1.7
    - proximity sensor fix (with big help of steveboss and his V)
    - reboot recovery working from all applications (quick settings, rom manager, recovery, etc.)(tested on T)

Download:
    T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7.zip

Screenshots

Thanks DaRk-LorD and steveboss for testing. If anything won´t work, PM them. :D ... Joke ;)
    First post updated:
    v1.7
    - proximity sensor fix
    - reboot recovery working from all applications (quick settings, rom manager, recovery, etc.)(tested on T)

+ changed link to modified Flash Gordon app, so you don´t need to install busybox before that
    Ok.
    1. The main script needs fix for the proximity sensor.
    2. Flash Gordon needs busybox installed

I am going to do something with both issues.
    First post updated with fixed import from TA after factory reset - 1.4 version.
    Great work bro!